All Things Signs there is still hope...

Love this reaction of this nurse, who is seeing a former patient walk for the first time after she was paralyzed from the waist down for 11 days:

Go Gophers!!

Love this reaction of this nurse, who is seeing a former patient walk for the first time after she was paralyzed from the waist down for 11 days:

Go Gophers!!

I saw that too. Great story and reaction!

Detroit Free Press: Detroit student back to school with teacher's kidney

"If that was my child, I would want someone to do the same. It was a no-brainer."

Muhammad said after months of testing, doctors determined that she and Booth were a perfect match.

On Dec. 15, Muhammad's kidney was removed at Henry Ford Hospital, wrapped in a cooling solution, packed in ice, placed in a cooler and rushed three miles away to an operating room at Children's Hospital of Michigan, where Booth was waiting.

Dr. Jason Denny, senior staff surgeon and director of the Living Donor Kidney Transplant Program at Henry Ford Hospital, inserted Booth's new kidney at Children's as part of a partnership between the two hospitals.

He has performed hundreds of transplants.

"I've had a lot of combinations, but I don't know about student-teacher," he said. "We've had ex-wives, and bosses and their employees."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...roit-teacher-donates-kidney-student/27582449/

Go Gophers!!

Police Officer Who Told A Teen That His Parents Had Been Killed Attends His Graduation

After accepting his diploma at his high school graduation, 18-year-old Kazzie Portie walked across the stage to find police officer Lt. Eric Ellison waiting there to give him a big hug. It was an emotional moment for the pair.

Less than a week before, Ellison had been tasked with delivering the horrible news to Kazzie that his parents had been killed in a car accident. The police officer, from Orange, Texas had been called to the scene on May 24 after Riley and Emily Portie were struck and killed by a drunk driver while riding on a motorcycle. The couple have five children.

While he and Kazzie spoke, the teen mentioned that he was graduating from Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School in just a few days, and didn’t know what to do.

“I said, ‘You are going to walk!’” Ellison told BuzzFeed. “Your mom and dad will have front-row seats looking down from heaven, and I’ll stand in their place. I’ve got your back.”

Ellison kept his word; and on Saturday, the officer was there waiting by the stage during the graduation ceremony when a cap-and-gowned Kazzie stepped forward to receive his diploma.

“I walked up on the stage he looked at me and I looked at him and we both cried,” Ellison told KBMT of the poignant moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ion-kazzie-portie-eric-ellison_n_7490628.html

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Great video of a great coach/mentor:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Waitress gets big tip to help pay for hearing aids

For waitress Keri Marie Carlson, service that leaves customers smiling is part of the job at GW Carson’s Restaurant in Branford, Connecticut, but the tables were turned last week when a customer left her feeling grateful and in tears.

She was walking the customer to his table when he noticed that Carlson had trouble hearing him.

Carlson explained that one of her two hearing aids was broken and in need of repair.

“I didn’t say I needed the money or anything,” Carlson said to ABC station WTNH.

The customer, who wished to remain anonymous, surprised Carlson by handing her $500.

“I cried for a minute in his arms,” the appreciative waitress said.

The kind gesture has had a pay-it-forward effect.

The owner of GW Carson’s, Jim Kirtopoulos, has decided to donate a portion of the proceeds from the restaurant’s T-shirt sales to the American Society for Deaf Children.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/waitress-big-tip-pay-hearing-aid/story?id=46884774

Go Gophers!!

How awesome are dogs!!

Go Dogs!!

Go Jake!!

Volunteers Buy Home For Woman After Paralyzing Car Crash

It’s been more than a year since the car accident that took her body’s ability to move, but that accident did not take Dominique Tillis’s spirit.

“I just talk to God all the time and try to stay positive,” she said from her hospital room.

She said it’s her five children who keep her going.

“Oh, they’re the world to me. They keep me wanting to live and keep me wanting to fight to get better,” Dominique said.

But a lack of money and medical care delayed her rehabilitation, that was until she met nurse Brendy Kirkland.

She normally treats cancer patients, but hospital overflow landed Dominique in her care and their friendship began immediately.

“But I always say, ‘she’s my sister from God,’” Dominique said.

“I first took care of Dominique October 5th,” Brendy said. “I just noticed that she always smiled, she was always thankful, she was always appreciative and the more I learned about her story the more I realized that she had so much to be angry for, but, there wasn’t an angry bone in her body.”

Determined to help her, Brendy posted on Facebook pledging to “change the course” of Dominique’s life and asked others to help her do it.

“And I just knew that the voice inside me said, ‘you have to do something,’” Brendy said.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/V...man-After-Paralyzing-Car-Crash-466512913.html

Go Good People!!

This 93-year-old Italian Grandma Is Headed to Kenya to Volunteer at an Orphanage

No matter who you are, it’s never too late to make a difference in the world.

Nonna Irma, a 93-year-old grandmother in Noventa Vicentina in Veneto, Italy, proves that anyone can help make the world a brighter place. On Monday, Irma started her journey to Kenya to do volunteer work in an orphanage.

Her granddaughter, Elisa Coltro, wrote a post about her grandmother’s inspiring story on Facebook with photos sent from her mother, who is accompanying Irma on her journey.

“This is my grandma Irma, a young lady of 93, who set off for Kenya tonight," wrote Coltro. “Not to some tourist resort to be waited on hand and foot, but to go to a village of children, in an orphanage. I'm showing her to you because I believe that all of us should always keep a dash of recklessness in order to live and not just survive. Look at her... Who's stopping her? I love her.”

According to an interview Coltro gave to the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Irma had been giving donations to the Kenyan orphanage, founded by an Italian missionary, for years.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/tra...utm_source=twitter.com&xid=TrueAnthem_Twitter

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom