All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not a top 60??!?!?

This guy knows how to make decisions!

Also looks like a stormtrooper there...

I believe that Jay (Quinn's father) also did some sort of "Executive Leadership" certificate from Notre Dame.

Also, from about 11 months ago:

“There’s no hurry here. Teams need to take their time and do their due diligence,” said Jay Carroll. “Hopefully it turns out to be an offer because I know he will give them a good, hard look.”

Jay spoke to me about his personal connection with the Irish.

“My grandfather was born and raised in Ireland, my father was a consummate Irishman. He died young but when I was a kid, it was only Notre Dame. I grew up in Minnesota but I only watched Notre Dame,” explained Jay Carroll. ”

“I watched Notre Dame way more than the University of Minnesota. Notre Dame, there’s a soft spot for me. My soft spot doesn’t matter, it’s about Quinn. I’m anxious for him to get the full look. I hope he gets the offer and he’ll consider it,” said Jay.

The Carroll family remain excited about Notre Dame and what they have to offer to their youngest son, Quinn.

“Hopefully, we’ll get back down there and they’ll give him a good long look and we’ll see what happens. It could happen.”

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How can we not like Quinn? He has a good head on his shoulder kudos to his parents.

I'd guess he picks ND, but I am hoping he has a soft spot for the home team.

I believe that Jay (Quinn's father) also did some sort of "Executive Leadership" certificate from Notre Dame.

“There’s no hurry here. Teams need to take their time and do their due diligence,” said Jay Carroll. “Hopefully it turns out to be an offer because I know he will give them a good, hard look.”

“My grandfather was born and raised in Ireland, my father was a consummate Irishman. He died young but when I was a kid, it was only Notre Dame. I grew up in Minnesota but I only watched Notre Dame,” explained Jay Carroll. ”

“I watched Notre Dame way more than the University of Minnesota. Notre Dame, there’s a soft spot for me. My soft spot doesn’t matter, it’s about Quinn. I’m anxious for him to get the full look. I hope he gets the offer and he’ll consider it,” said Jay.

The Carroll family remain excited about Notre Dame and what they have to offer to their youngest son, Quinn.

“Hopefully, we’ll get back down there and they’ll give him a good long look and we’ll see what happens. It could happen.”

Man that is hard to stomach coming form a Gopher alum.

Hearing its basically us and ND, with ND in the lead. PJ is throwing the kitchen sink at him though and he is visiting today's practice.

Hearing its basically us and ND, with ND in the lead. PJ is throwing the kitchen sink at him though and he is visiting today's practice.

Considering the other thread, I hope there's a kitchen and whole house attached. :)

I'm genuinely interested in this. Is there actually anything PJ can (legally) throw at him that he doesn't to every other kid he is offering a scholarship to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm genuinely interested in this. Is there actually anything PJ can (legally) throw at him that he doesn't to every other kid he is offering a scholarship to?

Not really I think, other than trying to get him to visit at strategic times. Like today. Having him at a practice not only lets him get a feel for if he likes the practice environment in general, but also allows us to let him see how coach Callahan runs OL practice. He also (maybe) gets to scope out the other OL players a bit closer. See their level of play, and be like "Are these guys who I want to play beside?" Obviously I don't know what, if any, contact he can have with current players.

Man that is hard to stomach coming form a Gopher alum.

Completely agree. Their fan base nauseates me and their coach is a class A schmuck. Minnesota gave him his education and the state has provided the environment for him and his family to enjoy a great life.

Completely agree. Their fan base nauseates me and their coach is a class A schmuck. Minnesota gave him his education and the state has provided the environment for him and his family to enjoy a great life.

Couldn't agree more!!! +1000 on this post.

Sweet Jesus. This is what we are up against?
I'm Irish too, but I think I just urped up some bile.

I can't get mad at someone for going to Notre Dame. Of course if he stays here he probably plays on day 1. Notre Dame probably not.

Sweet Jesus. This is what we are up against?
I'm Irish too, but I think I just urped up some bile.

I'll be Irish on March 17th. Does that count?;)

Anyway, it does bother me that a Gopher standout wants his son to go to Notre Dame instead of the University of Minnesota (football wise). With that said, Jay's first obligation is his son. Stating the obvious, if this is what he feels is best for Quinn, then so be it.

Reading between the lines, it appears that he will let Quinn make the final decision. Obviously Quinn has some great opportunities. While I hope he chooses the Gophers, I have to be okay with a recruit choosing what they feel is best for their future.

Best of luck to the Quinn Carroll.

I'll be Irish on March 17th. Does that count?;)

Anyway, it does bother me that a Gopher standout wants his son to go to Notre Dame instead of the University of Minnesota (football wise). With that said, Jay's first obligation is his son. Stating the obvious, if this is what he feels is best for Quinn, then so be it.

Reading between the lines, it appears that he will let Quinn make the final decision. Obviously Quinn has some great opportunities. While I hope he chooses the Gophers, I have to be okay with a recruit choosing what they feel is best for their future.

Best of luck to the Quinn Carroll.

I don't think his dad has said anywhere that he wants his son to go to Notre Dame. That tweet was from a year ago and more looks like he was hoping to have Quinn offered and to visit. Every one of his kids has gone to a different school and he leaves the decision up to them.

Anyway, it does bother me that a Gopher standout wants his son to go to Notre Dame instead of the University of Minnesota (football wise).

Jay never said that in the article.

Gopher fans should actually be encouraged by this interview at 1:45.

"Selfishly, we wanted our oldest son to play at the U. We wanted our second son, he's a pitcher, played baseball at Augustana, we wanted him to go to the U. We wanted our third son to go to the U, he want to (Northern) Iowa. Our fourth son went to the U but he's not playing football."

"Selfishly, we wanted our oldest son to play at the U. We wanted our second son, he's a pitcher, played baseball at Augustana, we wanted him to go to the U. We wanted our third son to go to the U, he want to (Northern) Iowa. Our fourth son went to the U but he's not playing football."

Clearly this family owes us for sending a non athlete fourth son...

He did say we wants to got where he can make the biggest impact....

Reading between the lines, what I get from that is that none of their kids went to Notre Dame because they weren't good enough in their respective sports to do so. Nobody picks Augustana or Northern Iowa (for sports) if they have the option to go to Notre Dame. And the one son who isn't an athlete went to the U, so that doesn't really mean much in terms of the son (Quinn) who has options.

I don't think his dad has said anywhere that he wants his son to go to Notre Dame. That tweet was from a year ago and more looks like he was hoping to have Quinn offered and to visit. Every one of his kids has gone to a different school and he leaves the decision up to them.

Yes I based my comment off of the tweet. I am very happy to be wrong here!!!:clap: BTW Crow can be tasty. I can share my "jerk" Crow if anyone is interested.

Sid Hartman: University of Minnesota remains a possibility for Edina football standout Quinn Carroll

Quinn Carroll, the Edina offensive lineman, is going through what few Minnesota high school athletes have, with 16 teams from around the country already visiting him here and the head coaches from Penn State, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech and the Gophers making personal trips to his games before he has started his senior season.

After more than 20 unofficial visits to campuses around the nation, Carroll announced this past week he had narrowed his choice to six programs, and the Gophers are one of them. The others are Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

ESPN currently has him ranked as the eighth-best offensive tackle in the country for the Class of 2019, while 247 Sports has him ranked as the 55th-best prospect in the country.

The Gophers have been recruiting Carroll since his freshman year when he attended an offensive line camp. He said that he has had around 10 visits with the Gophers including games, practices, workouts and meeting with coach P.J. Fleck.

“We get along well. I don’t have a top set of schools, but Minnesota is under consideration and I have a good relationship with Coach Fleck,” he said before including the Gophers on his six finalists.

Still, Carroll said that when the Gophers lost offensive line coach Ed Warriner to Michigan this offseason, it meant having to build a new relationship. “I’m still trying to develop a relationship with the offensive line coach [Brian Callahan] at Minnesota right now,” he said.

He added that the fact that his brother Collin Carroll went to Virginia Tech and his father, Jay Carroll, went to the Minnesota has definitely played a part in his recruitment.

“That might have an effect as well. [The Gophers] are trying to sell me how I’m a legacy recruit and my dad played there and did very well,” he said. “But, you know, you never know where I’ll end up as far as right now. But both Virginia Tech and Minnesota are trying to sell me on how my brother went there and my dad went to Minnesota.”

http://www.startribune.com/universi...na-football-standout-quinn-carroll/476465153/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Keep telling myself that it's really silly for a guy my age to care about what a high school kid is thinking, but I keep clicking on this damn thread.

Keep telling myself that it's really silly for a guy my age to care about what a high school kid is thinking, but I keep clicking on this damn thread.

You and me both.

I’d love to have this guy but I believe it’s a foregone conclusion that he will be a ND commit. We need to land Benhart if Carroll has fallen out of the boat into the troubled waters of the Irish.

You and me both.

I’d love to have this guy but I believe it’s a foregone conclusion that he will be a ND commit. We need to land Benhart if Carroll has fallen out of the boat into the troubled waters of the Irish.

No, we need to continue to land highly rated offensive lineman. Just like last year, I don't care where they come from.

You and me both.

Quinn is gone. We have a better chance of landing BB and that is slim right now. Way it is right now. Until we win, we offer no equity.

No, we need to continue to land highly rated offensive lineman. Just like last year, I don't care where they come from.

I agree, it doesn’t matter where they come from. If he can pull the magic out of his hat again like he did last year with the IMG guys I would be more than happy. However it would be nice to get the quality in state guys.

Top Bottom