Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski
Pitclick-Huglen-Kurth
Mittlestadt-?-Lamb

Koster-Chesley
Mittlestadt-Rinzel
Thomas-Fish

Close

That's a championship caliber roster. D Core not quite what it was last year, but still should be one of the best in the country. Frozen Four in St. Paul to end a long championship drought, where have we seen that before?

Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski
Pitclick-Huglen-Kurth
Mittlestadt-?-Lamb

Koster-Chesley
Mittlestadt-Rinzel
Thomas-Fish

Close

That's a championship caliber roster. D Core not quite what it was last year, but still should be one of the best in the country. Frozen Four in St. Paul to end a long championship drought, where have we seen that before?
Put Tyson Dyck in that question mark spot. Add another D in the portal to get to 8 which makes clean pairs in practice.

I don't think it's guaranteed Brodzy is back, but we'll see. If Brodzy goes, maybe you bring in Hendrickson. However he does it, I want 15 forwards on the roster.

But yes, this one decision just made them a top 5 contender 100%.

Put Tyson Dyck in that question mark spot. Add another D in the portal to get to 8 which makes clean pairs in practice.

I don't think it's guaranteed Brodzy is back, but we'll see. If Brodzy goes, maybe you bring in Hendrickson. However he does it, I want 15 forwards on the roster.

But yes, this one decision just made them a top 5 contender 100%.
On the one hand, I would have thought a Brodzinski announcement would have come just after Nelson and Close, but I can't imagine he's getting a pro contract. Maybe he just wants to move on in life in general?

On the one hand, I would have thought a Brodzinski announcement would have come just after Nelson and Close, but I can't imagine he's getting a pro contract. Maybe he just wants to move on in life in general?
Or just wants to mix it up and play a year in Cloud or something. Who knows.

Also, Strobel and Pino should be capable of chipping in on the 4th line as second years.

Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski
Pitclick-Huglen-Kurth
Mittlestadt-?-Lamb

Koster-Chesley
Mittlestadt-Rinzel
Thomas-Fish

Close

That's a very nice way to start the weekend...that top line should be devastating, backed up nicely by the next two (2).

Did Cooley's return push anyone specifically back a year or give them a needed extra year to mature?

That's a very nice way to start the weekend...that top line should be devastating, backed up nicely by the next two (2).

Did Cooley's return push anyone specifically back a year or give them a needed extra year to mature?
"Push anyone back?" Not really, but yes it can be the reason Hendrickson gets a needed extra year to mature. Just as Brodzinski + a transfer like Dyck can give Clark a needed extra year to mature.

"Push anyone back?" Not really, but yes it can be the reason Hendrickson gets a needed extra year to mature. Just as Brodzinski + a transfer like Dyck can give Clark a needed extra year to mature.
Thanks!

Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski
Pitclick-Huglen-Kurth
Mittlestadt-?-Lamb

Koster-Chesley
Mittlestadt-Rinzel
Thomas-Fish

Close

I am emotional. :) The '02 championship game was one helluva slug fest.

Well I'm happy to admit I was totally wrong. If you asked me 2 months ago I would have bet every dollar I have on Cooley going pro.

Wow that's great news on Cooley! I'm popping some friggin' champagne tonight!

Thank you to the Arizona Coyotes organization for being an absolute grease fire. I feel like if another franchise had Cooley's rights he would be getting ready for training camp.

Got the feeling the longer this went on, the more likely it was that he was coming back. If he had signed within the first two weeks following the title game, I wouldn't have been surprised. But from what I've seen, when kids take awhile to sign, it probably means they're not in any hurry to leave. And given the Coyotes' current circumstances, it's hard to fault him for coming back for another season, especially if he likes it at the U (which it seems he does).

Bryce is back too. National championship or bust again this year, just like last year was. Except this year let’s not bust.

Alright Bonin21, who are the portal additions going to be? On one hand it is an attractive destination as you have a great chance for a Natty. On the other hand ice time will be hard to get.

Tyson Dyck of UMass Fr forward
Alex Young of Colgate Jr forward
Tyler Duke of OSU Fr defense
David Melaragini of Canisus Sr defense

13 Forwards
Nelson, Nevers, Pitlick, Huglen, Strobel, Pino, Mittelstadt, Kurth, Lamb, Snuggerud, Moore, Brodz, Cooley

3 maybes
Schmidt, Clark, Hendrickson

Still need confirmation on two forwards and one D man, but obviously the stress level is very low now.

My recommendation would be Tyson Dyck, Brandon Koch, and Jimmy Clark.

Brandon Koch to Mankato.

Still looking for that 8th D man. Staudacher should have stuck around. Playing 7 D is wiser than 13F, and I don't know if Rud is super college ready with his massive negative +/- the last two years. Seems he's a Gopher recruit because of his dad's connection to Motzko.

I think Jack Hughes from Northeastern is still available on the forward side.

First unvalidated rumor of Whitelaw not going to Madison has popped up on GPL. Not surprising, but if true the Gophers need to be in on him.

Heck, round out the 15 forwards with Whitelaw and let Schmidt come back as a grad student, and let both Clark and Hendrickson season in the USHL. Dream scenario.

I get the feeling Bob has something up his sleeve. At the same time the flyer SF took on Hendrickson might not mean much at all.

We know he's willing to roll with 14 forwards (did it last year) but I really think they should bring in two more instead of only one more.

Either he's:
Working on getting Eiserman in
Brewing something with a Whitelaw/Jack Hughes type
Doing one of the above and will fall back to Hendrickson as needed
Maybe add a MN HS type walk on as 15th forward (if Schmidt is moving on)

The suspense is killer.

I get the feeling Bob has something up his sleeve. At the same time the flyer SF took on Hendrickson might not mean much at all.

We know he's willing to roll with 14 forwards (did it last year) but I really think they should bring in two more instead of only one more.

Either he's:
Working on getting Eiserman in
Brewing something with a Whitelaw/Jack Hughes type
Doing one of the above and will fall back to Hendrickson as needed
Maybe add a MN HS type walk on as 15th forward (if Schmidt is moving on)

The suspense is killer.
Agreed with this. My hope is they find a way to get Eiserman in, but I think your other options are more likely. I can't imagine Bob's ideal scenario is to bring Hendrickson in to play 4th line minutes.
I do, however, trust that he has a plan. People can rip on Bob for certain things, but he knows how to put together a roster.

About a 1% chance he ever puts on the M again. When they go back to juniors they basically never end up back at the same school.

It is time to find a true #1, NHL future goalie for 2024-25.

Top Bottom