All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

Did you hear? Gophers beat the Badgers. Jump around!
Somebody has to get a lot of credit for that wonderful troll job with the jump around.

Another good one this weekend was the WSU fans rushing the field AT Washington after they beat the Huskies. That's on the level of when the Hawkeye fans stole our goalposts.

Very small buzz of PJ to LSU. Doubt it’s anything but yeah.

Shooter chimes in:

Pssst: Despite P.J. Fleck having signed a new $35 million, seven-year contract with the Gophers, there are people quietly trying to get Florida interested in him. Florida will pay nearly $8 million a year, compared to Fleck’s $5 million with Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!
They can have Sanford!

Not sure Florida is a fit for Pj, but let's say Pj gets plucked by a powerhouse. Coyle gets 10 million. Huge buyout to say the least. Coyle did it once I'd trust him to do it again.
All you need to do is get the next hottest thing in the MAC. It's not that hard, really. Not doing that, is where you could screw it up -- especially going after some Brewster-esque "'crootin' hotshot".

Odds of LSU hiring another HC without coordinator experience 1 in a million.

All you need to do is get the next hottest thing in the MAC. It's not that hard, really. Not doing that, is where you could screw it up -- especially going after some Brewster-esque "'crootin' hotshot".
Hot MAC coach like Darrel Hazell was for Purdue?

Shooter chimes in:

Pssst: Despite P.J. Fleck having signed a new $35 million, seven-year contract with the Gophers, there are people quietly trying to get Florida interested in him. Florida will pay nearly $8 million a year, compared to Fleck’s $5 million with Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!
What shall I write today? Hmm...
The Gophers are good = the coach must be leaving.
The Gophers are not good = the coach is probably the turkey of the year.

Keep in mind with PJ, his buyout is now $10 million. LSU also is paying Coach O $17 million to walk away (spread over 4 years).

So they would have to pay $5 million to Coach O, another $10 million to Fleck, and then probably pay Fleck around $6.5 million per year to get him to make the leap.

I like Fleck, but I cannot see LSU making that kind of financial commitment to someone with Fleck's resume with no connections to the SEC and the south. Fleck is also a guy who seems really straight laced and does sort of make the program about him. It would be a bizarre fit culturally and financially.

Brian Kelly to LSU

Fleck to Notre Dame. The one job I’d worry about given geography, prestige, cultural fit and obvious pay increase. Buckle up.
Explains firing Sanford. Notre Dame has seen that movie.

Brian Kelly to LSU

Fleck to Notre Dame. The one job I’d worry about given geography, prestige, cultural fit and obvious pay increase. Buckle up.

I was about to post the same thing. But I think Fickell is the most likely candidate.

Serious question: why leave Notre Dame for LSU? I really can't see that.

Serious question: why leave Notre Dame for LSU? I really can't see that.
Can bet that after what USC just did, LSU is going to do something stupid package wise to keep up, because that is what teams do. Can't just give a guy 7-8 mil a year now....gotta pack on the incentives, buy his houses, give him a jet, maybe a castle of some kind.....who knows what they will throw at their next coach. Might be too much for Kelly or whoever to turn down.

Can bet that after what USC just did, LSU is going to do something stupid package wise to keep up, because that is what teams do. Can't just give a guy 7-8 mil a year now....gotta pack on the incentives, buy his houses, give him a jet, maybe a castle of some kind.....who knows what they will throw at their next coach. Might be too much for Kelly or whoever to turn down.

He'll get a small island nation in the South Pacific to rule over for life. He and his family will be worshipped. Human sacrifices in their honor.

Maybe I have a prejudice against the Deep South, but... I just don't see it.

Top Bottom