All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

I hate Harbaugh but he is a better coach than P.J. Urban Meyer to MSU would be an absolute bombshell. Do you think he still has it in him after the massive failure in Jacksonville?
He was always a terrible fit for the NFL game and he was only in Jax for 1 season.

NIL era Urban would be tough.

I hate Harbaugh but he is a better coach than P.J. Urban Meyer to MSU would be an absolute bombshell. Do you think he still has it in him after the massive failure in Jacksonville?

He was always a terrible fit for the NFL game and he was only in Jax for 1 season.

NIL era Urban would be tough.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the renewed speculation about Urban to MSU is happening at the same time that the Michigan story is blowing up. I didn't think he'd give that job a serious thought when his name first came up, but if he could get a huge contract and the full backing of the MSU big-money boosters at the same time that he thinks that MIchigan is about to implode, maybe he would do it.

Define "coach" not sure his in game coaching is always elite. Or his ability to have tough conversations and get rid of a Special Teams coach. He is definitely less Kooky than Harbaugh though.
Everyone tends to rank coaches by won-loss record, period. With no critical thinking. Like Jason Day is a genius dynamic innovator and the McNeese State coach is a lazy moron.

Harbaugh doesn't impress me. He looks and talks weaker & slower & dumber than anyone I associate with.

Fleck...is more energetic, charismatic, motivational...than anyone I know. You can just tell that he's a go-getter.

Everyone tends to rank coaches by won-loss record, period. With no critical thinking. Like Jason Day is a genius dynamic innovator and the McNeese State coach is a lazy moron.

Harbaugh doesn't impress me. He looks and talks weaker & slower & dumber than anyone I associate with.

Fleck...is more energetic, charismatic, motivational...than anyone I know. You can just tell that he's a go-getter.
Cruise.gif

Harbaugh turned Stanford into a powerhouse and elevated Michigan back into one, those results matter a lot more than charisma.

Shouldn’t the MSU president have some concerns about Urban Meyers history with having a high number of players that ran into legal issues? MSU has had a lot of well publicized issues with staff, but a lot of player issues as well over the last five years or so.

Shouldn’t the MSU president have some concerns about Urban Meyers history with having a high number of players that ran into legal issues? MSU has had a lot of well publicized issues with staff, but a lot of player issues as well over the last five years or so.
Is the other problem with Urban the strip club episode? Seems after Tucker's misdeeds (controversy over whether they are truly misdeeds, but clearly poor judgement), MSU may be looking for squeaky clean. Don't know where you can find that these days, but I imagine that will be part of the discussion.

As per Harbaugh, clearly a very good football coach both at the college and pro levels. He's the oddest card in the deck, but he knows how to coach football.

I have a hard time seeing Meyer taking a second tier job like Michigan state.
He would be more likely to take a job at least a half step up from that if he ever takes one again

I'm a Fleck fan...and this is ridiculous. FSU or Notre Dame the only 'helmet schools' that might at some point (2-3 bad years) take a look at Fleck.
They both have newer hirers who are doing well

FSU is ranked 4th in the polls and on the CFB as of Tuesdays ranking and ND is 15th.

MN is probably PJs ceiling

They both have newer hirers who are doing well

FSU is ranked 4th in the polls and on the CFB as of Tuesdays ranking and ND is 15th.

MN is probably PJs ceiling
He would have to have another 2019 type year to get offered a job that is clearly a step up from Minnesota

Or be willing to move laterally to like a Michigan state or Maryland or something.

He looks feeble...and his press conferences slow monotone droning on about nothing puts me to sleep. Boring.
I know from all of your posts that you absolutely despise winning. I get that.

However, I'm talking about referring to Harbaugh as a discreet CEO. Harbaugh's problem in his career is that he's been a bull in a china shop. He has been anything but discreet.

LOL.

Do we think between the football and Michigan State's basketball program that they have always been run clean? Hell, some of their former players have murdered guys, been part of fraud, different arrrests. Rape accusations by players still in the program, all kinds of things.

You think too highly of AD's and University presidents in this cutthroat power 5 business. If a hire will make them more money they will do it and not worry about any ethical concern unless their student enrollment would suffer because of it(it won't). If Urban Meyer came to them, they would basically only ask how much money it would take to land him.

LOL.

Do we think between the football and Michigan State's basketball program that they have always been run clean? Hell, some of their former players have murdered guys, been part of fraud, different arrrests. Rape accusations by players still in the program, all kinds of things.

You think too highly of AD's and University presidents in this cutthroat power 5 business. If a hire will make them more money they will do it and not worry about any ethical concern unless their student enrollment would suffer because of it(it won't). If Urban Meyer came to them, they would basically only ask how much money it would take to land him.
I’d say it depends on the school.

Top Bottom