All Things OSU vs Bama -- Who Do Ya Pick to Win?

Who wins?

• THE Ohio State University

• The Empire that is Alabama

• COVID crushes both teams and the trophy is decided based on a coin flip...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Where's Stan these days??? Was waiting for the thread to post, but wait no more. COVID rumors about OSU are swirling -- just gameship coming out of Columbus, or a real concern? And Bama's losing their OC -- will that have any impact?

Alabama. And I don’t think its particularly close.

Ohio State. Worry about Justin Fields a bit though. They have played fewer games this year so not quite as beat up as Alabama is. Both teams have their off days. I just believe Ohio State will be on top of their game.

'Bama, because it is unlikely Justin Fields would have two such games in a row.

Notre Dame.

Oh wait, actually OSU. Just have a feeling it will be like a few years ago when they shocked the world. No rhyme or reason why, just a feeling.

Ohio State. Worry about Justin Fields a bit though. They have played fewer games this year so not quite as beat up as Alabama is. Both teams have their off days. I just believe Ohio State will be on top of their game.

When did Alabama have an off game this year? They played one game within one score, against a top 10 team. Their lowest scoring game was 38. They won 10 games by 3+ scores.

This kind of feels like OSU's 2015 run. Kind of an afterthought in the playoffs, red hot RB, inconsistent QB play (2015 due to injury to Barrett) that suddenly is playing incredibly, defense that struggled but is gaining confidence fast.

I pick Alabama but I don't think its a slam dunk. I'm looking forward to watching the game.

More fun in Twitter land...

Nick Saban’s Daughter Deletes Twitter Account After Posting Ohio State Conspiracy Theory

Alabama coach Nick Saban’s daughter, Kristen, tweeted on Tuesday afternoon that Ohio State’s coronavirus cases are a smoke screen designed to get the game pushed back so that quarterback Justin Fields, who injured his ribs on a nasty hit against Clemson, can rest up and be at full strength when the title game is played.

Social media = more harm than good. People just can't help themselves. We don't need to know all the wacko thoughts of everyone (and hey, let's be honest, everyone has a wacko thought every now and then). Keep those wacko thoughts to yourself and the world will be a better place.

Social media = more harm than good. People just can't help themselves. We don't need to know all the wacko thoughts of everyone (and hey, let's be honest, everyone has a wacko thought every now and then). Keep those wacko thoughts to yourself and the world will be a better place.

I have talked to a lot of old players that are very happy that social media was not around when they were playing. Really does do more harm then good in a lot of cases.

As for OSU/Bama - If OSU is close to 100% I think they have a shot to hang with Bama but Fields will have to play out of his mind and avoid the costly mistakes he is prone to making at times. Have to play a clean game to beat a team as loaded as Alabama. Any mistakes and they will jump all over you.

I have talked to a lot of old players that are very happy that social media was not around when they were playing. Really does do more harm then good in a lot of cases.

As for OSU/Bama - If OSU is close to 100% I think they have a shot to hang with Bama but Fields will have to play out of his mind and avoid the costly mistakes he is prone to making at times. Have to play a clean game to beat a team as loaded as Alabama. Any mistakes and they will jump all over you.
I picked OSU just because of how I'mpressiveve they looked against Clemson. If Fields is healthy enough to play like he did against Clemson, I like OSU's chances. I know very little about Bama though.

Last edited:

I picked OSU just because of how pressive they looked against Clemson. If Fields is healthy enough to play like he did against Clemson, I like OSU's chances. I know very little about Bama though.

From what I have seen, Bama has a great secondary. OSU doesn't appear to be on that level. I was not impressed with Clemson's. Both teams have good running games so their OL have to be somewhat equal and who knows about their DL.

I think Bama will win.

From what I have seen, Bama has a great secondary. OSU doesn't appear to be on that level. I was not impressed with Clemson's. Both teams have good running games so their OL have to be somewhat equal and who knows about their DL.

I think Bama will win.
Bama is going to smoke OSU's secondary. One hope, a slim one, is that Bama players will be more concerned about not getting hurt (e.g., focus on their NFL tryouts) versus playing hard to win. The line is Alabama -7.5 and 76 points.

OSU get deep again and they win. Bama by 21 if that does not occur.

I think this should get post of the year for 2021! No need to wait until the end of the year. I think I may use this as a PSA on my social media accounts.

I think Bama will win.

Haven't see a ton of Alabama but from what I have seen you can score points on them as their defense is loaded as always but maybe not as dominant as it has been. Problem is that if you want to beat them you also have to be able to hang at least 50 on them because almost nobody has been able to slow down their offense this year. And good lord, they might get Jaylen Waddle back for this game as well to add to their already ridiculous firepower.

For Ohio State to have any shot, Fields can't turn the ball over and their RB needs to keep playing at the crazy high level he has been playing at in recent weeks. Ohio State probably has enough offensive firepower to hang with Alabama if their defense can slow them down at all (which almost nobody has been able to do so far). Their 38 in game 1 against Missouri and 31 last week against Notre Dame are the only times this season they have scored less than 40 points. That is insane offensive production over 12 games.

My gut says Alabama will win the game because they look virtually unstoppable but I hope Ohio State can at the very least make it a good game and would love to see them pull off the upset.

If someone from THE Ohio State University gets called for targeting in the second half of the game, does that mean they miss the first half of their first game next year? :)

If someone from THE Ohio State University gets called for targeting in the second half of the game, does that mean they miss the first half of their first game next year? :)
Hopefully a bunch will!

I'd take Bama by 14. I don't think the OSU secondary can shut down Bama (see Indiana game) especially with how tight they'll need to keep the linebackers to slow down Harris. Unless Wade can shut down half the field (honestly I haven't been that impressed with him against top tier talent this year), it's going to be a long day for OSU on defense. Think they'll score some, but would see this one being something like 35-21 or 42-28 depending on the tempo the teams play at.

Florida and Ole Miss scored close to 50 points against Bama. Can OSU match that?

"Did I not say that? Why didn't I say that? I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to root for Alabama. I shouldn't even have to comment on this. I think I've said this over and over and over again."

Sermon and Fields dominated Clemson on the ground. The OSU lines dominated. They are playing well, playing hard on both sides right now. Can they get to Mac Jones and make him uncomfortable? Maybe the key. I’m going to go with OSU in a knock down drag out battle. Big Ten homer, and I don’t care.

Sermon and Fields dominated Clemson on the ground. The OSU lines dominated. They are playing well, playing hard on both sides right now. Can they get to Mac Jones and make him uncomfortable? Maybe the key. I’m going to go with OSU in a knock down drag out battle. Big Ten homer, and I don’t care.
This works for me! Hope so

One thing I think is clear: if the game had been Alabama vs Clemson again ... there would be far less people watching.

I hope more and more teams cycle through the championship game. Parity is always the best route to go, in a league.

Top Bottom