All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

crossed my mind that he can still play defense
Guys in the NFL play defense with their hand immobilized all the time. Coaches do the offense/defense substitutions at the end of games anyway. I suppose you don't want to be in a situation where you'd be relying on him to grab a rebound with one hand, but other than that, why not?

There's probably some sort of union rule against this, but I was kind of wondering at the end of the Laker game if it would have been possible for McDaniels to play as a defender. Throw him out there with a club and pester LeBron/Schoeder/whoever since they didn't play Minott or Moore.
Lou Hudson played with a broken hand and casket his senior year. He shot left handed, his off hand.

i
Oklahoma City Thunder

NAME, POSSTATUSDATE
Aleksej Pokusevski
F
OutApr 13

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSDATE
Jaden McDaniels
PF
OutApr 10
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
DoubtfulApr 13
Jaylen Nowell
SG
DoubtfulApr 13
Rudy Gobert
C
DoubtfulApr 13

WTF. I bet both KAT and Gobert play.

Happens all the time. Player is listed as "Doubtful" and they play that night. It's when they are listed as "Out" that they rarely play.

Not sure why. In football it's gambling related.

Here is the full list:

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Rudy GobertCApr 13Day-To-DayGobert (back) is questionable for Friday's Play-In Game against the Thunder.
Jaylen NowellSGApr 13Day-To-DayNowell (knee) is questionable for Friday's game against the Thunder.
Karl-Anthony TownsCApr 13Day-To-DayTowns is officially questionable for Friday's Play-In Game against the Thunder with a right calf strain.
Jaden McDanielsPFApr 10OutMinnesota announced Monday that McDaniels fractured his third and fourth metacarpals in his right hand, has been placed in a cast and will be out indefinitely.
Naz ReidCApr 5OutMinnesota announced Wednesday that Reid underwent successful surgery to repair a left scaphoid fracture and will be sidelined infinitely

i
Oklahoma City Thunder

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Aleksej PokusevskiFApr 13OutPokusevski (knee) is out for Friday's Play-In Game versus the Timberwolves.
Kenrich WilliamsSFMar 7OutWilliams underwent a successful surgery Monday to repair the scapholunate ligament in his left wrist, Joe Mussatto of The Oklahoman reports.
Chet HolmgrenPFDec 6OutHolmgren (foot) underwent a successful secondary procedure Tuesday to remove hardware from his initial Lisfranc surgery in August, Michael Scotto of USA Today reports.

Last edited:

ESPN experts picked the OKC vs. Wolves game tonight.

They split 8/8 :giggle:

They need to pull the starters now. Get them rest for game 1 @ Denver Sunday Night.

I was glad to see an ass whooping put on OKC.

I was expecting a close game.

Might be our best played game of the season, perfect time for it. This is fun!

Howl Wolves!!

I was at the game and it was a really fun atmosphere. It was nice to see the wolves play 48 minutes, as opposed to the 44 or 42 minute games that we often watch.

I think Alexander Walker was the MVP. He completely shut down SGA who would have been held to well under twenty points if the refs hadn't bailed him out with a bunch of dubious calls. SGA normally torments the wolves. Tonight, he and Giddey were non factors.

Rudy has to be the clumsiest player in the league. And yet...if the wolves figure out how to use him correctly, he can be a dominant asset. He needs to swallow his pride and stop acting like he can dribble a basketball. He can't. All he can do on offense is set screens, roll to the basket, catch lobs within a foot of the rim (no further) and dunk the ball. If the wolves run 8-10 roll/lob plays from different angles a night for Rudy, he will convert 80% of them.

Rudy's defense remains solid.

Jeez, he's clumsy.

Great win tonight. On to Denver.

I watched a completely different game.

For example, he scared the shit out of Giddey all game long.

All the starters had good nights. Towns was great and so was Alexander-Walker's defense on his cousin.

Gobert? He did alter some shots last night. He was also 6/11 from the field, with 10 rebounds, only 2 assists but only 2 turnovers.

He is not a good ball handler but he got to the line 14 times. Just wish he would have sank a couple more free throws. Those 14 free throws shows what happens when refs actually call fouls when Gobert gets hacked.

Now on to Denver where the Nuggets and Wolves split their 4 game regular season.

I watched a completely different game.

For example, he scared the shit out of Giddey all game long.
Sorry. I meant on offense. He missed a couple where he tried to just lay them in for some reason. You're 9 feet tall, just dunk.

Because he's such a diva, we lose sight of the fact that KAT is a very, very good basketball player. Losing him for 50 or so games was highly impactful. Now that he appears to have toned down his act with the refs, he should start to get more calls.

Because he's such a diva, we lose sight of the fact that KAT is a very, very good basketball player. Losing him for 50 or so games was highly impactful. Now that he appears to have toned down his act with the refs, he should start to get more calls.
I've never been a huge Towns fan, but then he has games like this back to back.

They said in the laker game when he was on the floor, we outscored them something like 91-73. When he was out, we were a complete mess.

Towns is the team's best player. Most won't agree, but McDaniels is now the second best player. Ant is a very close 3rd.

If Ant could shooter a little more accurately, improve his shot selection, and cut down on the turnovers, he'd be a heck of an offensive player. He scores a lot, but there's still a lot to be desired out of him on offense.

Top Bottom