All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Rudy Gobert will miss the Minnesota Timberwolves' game against Houston on Saturday after being placed in the league's health and safety protocols.

Gobert played Friday night against the Milwaukee Bucks with an illness, and the Timberwolves ruled him out Saturday afternoon for the game against Houston. Anthony Edwards, who was also listed with an illness on Friday, is not on the team's injury report.

Minnesota coach Chris Finch said he wasn't concerned about Gobert — whose positive test for the coronavirus triggered the halting of the NBA season in March 2020 — playing through an illness and then showing up in the protocols, which refer to a player dealing with COVID-19. Finch wasn't sure how long Gobert would miss and deferred to the league's regulations for Gobert's return..

Wolves 103 Houston 83 after 3 Quarters

Wolves 129 Houston 117. Benches were emptied for a good chunk of the 4th Quarter.

Wolves played the undefeated Bucks last night and lost. Tonight they played a well rested but 1-8 Rockets team and won.

Go figure.

DLO and McDaniels for Kyrie.

Slo Mo then starts
I think DLo for Irving and we get a pick. Irving is a distressed asset.

I’d then flip him to Lakers. Make it 3 team and somehow end up with Tyus Jones.

You'd start Tyus? Please tell me you are joking?

We aren't going to get Tyus. It's not whether he's better than DLo, it's whether he's a better fit for this team than DLo. The answer is clearly yes. He moves the ball, his shot is more consistent and he plays defense. His game isn't flashy, but that's irrelevant.

He's a backup point guard in the NBA. This gets us no where.
He's a backup to the second best pg in the NBA. He would be a much better fit for this team than DLo, who is a top 18-20 pg and is making $30M/year.

He's a backup to the second best pg in the NBA. He would be a much better fit for this team than DLo, who is a top 18-20 pg and is making $30M/year.
Tyus flipping Jones gets us nowhere. Am I in some kind of Minnesota loverfest or something?

Tyus is a backup NBA point guard.

Tyus flipping Jones gets us nowhere. Am I in some kind of Minnesota loverfest or something?

No other NBA team wants him as a starter, but he'd win us a championship here!

Tyus is one of the best backups in the NBA, but things change when you're a full time starter and you're always playing against other full time starters.

You're right. He's not the PG who wins them a title. He's just better.

No other NBA team wants him as a starter, but he'd win us a championship here!

Tyus is one of the best backups in the NBA, but things change when you're a full time starter and you're always playing against other full time starters.
Said no one.

We aren't going to get Tyus. It's not whether he's better than DLo, it's whether he's a better fit for this team than DLo. The answer is clearly yes. He moves the ball, his shot is more consistent and he plays defense. His game isn't flashy, but that's irrelevant.
Yep. We ain't getting Tyus, Kyrie, or anyone else for that matter. D-Lo is the guy, unfortunately.

"Last season the Wolves led the NBA in 3-point attempts with 41.3 per game and were 12th in accuracy at 35.8 percent. The sheer number of 3s they were shooting, almost two more per game than the Golden State Warriors for heaven’s sake, more than made up for them not being the most accurate of marksmen.

This season, the Wolves entered the game against Houston shooting 34.9 3s per night, good for 11th in the NBA. Couple that with a 31.8 percent conversion rate, a ghastly 28th in the NBA, and the Wolves have been losing the math problem on most nights. And that may not be changing anytime soon..

Jaylen Nowell, who shot 39.4 percent from 3 last season but is only at 27.5 percent this year. He is not alone in his struggles..Anthony Edwards (36.5 percent) and Taurean Prince (48.3 percent) are the only players on the roster who are regular 3-point shooters knocking down 3s at a higher rate than they did last year or have throughout their careers. Towns (35.1 percent), Russell (27.5 percent), Jaden McDaniels (27.5 percent), Naz Reid (30.8 percent), Jordan McLaughlin (14.3 percent) and Bryn Forbes (12.5 percent) are all shooting significantly lower percentages than they did last season or throughout their careers..

For a team that was showing precious little progress in the first two weeks of the season, just knocking down a few shots as they did against Houston could go a long way."

Last edited:

Do you want to stay stagnant?
Nobody is arguing in favor of keeping DLo. I also don't think anybody is arguing that Tyus is elite. However, it is clear that his skills are a better fit at a lower price point than DLo's. That has nothing to do with Apple Valley.

In general, most people are trying to be realistic about available options. You are just on here spinning your head.

The Knicks with 10 three's .........wait for it, wait for it, wait for it

In the first quarter.......LMAO

I'm starting to question Finch. How is this even possible?

It does not appear the twolves are winning the matchup between KAT and Julius Randle after 1 quarter.

JR Rider Junior is throwing the ball away and looking dazed and confused on defense.

Booooo Birds are out.

Nice behind the back pass DLO, you worthless...........

I can’t believe what this trade has done to stop the progress of ANT. The guy has no clue what he is supposed to do or where he is supposed to be. He is not driving the ball to the basket and is taking too many 3’s which is the worst part of his game.

I am not sure what to think of this mess, but is KAT the cancer of the locker room? This is his 9th year and besides some person accomplishments there is not much to show for his career.

Top Bottom