All Things Jericho Sims 2017 Thread - UPDATED: Sims Commits to Texas

Matthew Hurt and Jalen Suggs already look to be far ahead of Sims developmentally and they are 2 and 3 years behind

Khalid El-Amin for me and then everyone else. Sims might not even be the best player in the 2017 MN class let alone ever. I'd love to have him but that statement is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khalid El-Amin for me and then everyone else. Sims might not even be the best player in the 2017 MN class let alone ever. I'd love to have him but that statement is a joke.

Jacobson, Olberding and Jones are the three best I've seen. McHale, was really good in HS but not at the level. He just never stopped improving.

This. El-Amin is a legend. I doubt any casual fan has heard of Sims.

Jacobson, Olberding and Jones are the three best I've seen. McHale, was really good in HS but not at the level. He just never stopped improving.
You could argue Steve Lingenfelter from Bloomington Jefferson was a better HS basketball player than McHale. You're right though that McHale was just starting to get better when he started at the U.

Gary Trent Jr. is the best high school player I've seen come out of the state.

Silly. El-Amin is undoubtedly #1 with Olberding and Randy Bruer tied for #2.

hence the "I've seen come out of the state." I never saw those guys play. I still have a hard time believing they're better than Trent. Trent is a top 10 recruit and is probably going to be a lotto pick after his freshman year at Duke.

hence the "I've seen come out of the state." I never saw those guys play. I still have a hard time believing they're better than Trent. Trent is a top 10 recruit and is probably going to be a lotto pick after his freshman year at Duke.

Tyus, Reid, and Rashad were definitely better high school players too. I'd be surprised if this guy didn't see them play.

Olberding. Then Bruer. Then McHale. Then El Amin. Then Jacobsen sims not even close.

If you are talking high school careers I would have to say Olberding, Jones, El Amin, and Zender.

If you add collegiate and pro careers obviously McHale is at the top, then Olberding, followed by a slew of others.

His entire premise is stupid. A lot of the guys already mentioned, plus many others not yet mentioned (Dahlman, Noreen, Schilling, Sullivan, Rickert, Przybilla, etc.) were all better high school players than Sims.

His entire premise is stupid. A lot of the guys already mentioned, plus many others not yet mentioned (Dahlman, Noreen, Schilling, Sullivan, Rickert, Przybilla, etc.) were all better high school players than Sims.

Was wondering when someone would mention Sullivan. Dude shot the lights out of the gym most every night. I was around 10-12 years old when he was in high school, and I went to a few of his games with my dad even though we had no rooting interest. Same with Jacobson though I don't remember that as well.

per Shama:

A former Big Ten assistant coach who has followed Minnesota high school basketball for decades didn’t want his name in print but told Sports Headliners Jericho Sims is the best prep player from the state he’s ever seen including Kevin McHale and Tyus Jones. The 6-8 Sims is a senior at Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Minneapolis and the son of former Gopher Charles Sims. Sims has signed to play next fall for Texas and head coach Shaka Smart. The ex-Big Ten coach said Sims will be an immediate force in the Big 12, predicting he will play power forward in college while praising his varied offensive skills and his physique. “He’s built like a marble statue,” the source said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

There might be a good reason why this guy is an ex-assistant coach. This statement is batsh*t crazy.

Sullivan could really shoot from deep!

I saw Sullivan totally dominate a few games. He did have trouble against North and their quickness.
Would have loved to see him in a gopher uniform, for someone who wasn't an athlete he worked his tail off to make himself a division 1 player.

Was wondering when someone would mention Sullivan. Dude shot the lights out of the gym most every night. I was around 10-12 years old when he was in high school, and I went to a few of his games with my dad even though we had no rooting interest. Same with Jacobson though I don't remember that as well.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A couple of recruits will be on campus next fall with that type of athleticism.

A couple of recruits will be on campus next fall with that type of athleticism.

Thomas maybe...but he's smaller.

There aren't many guys in the country with Sims' size and bounce.

Thomas maybe...but he's smaller.

There aren't many guys in the country with Sims' size and bounce.

You don't think Oturo has bounce, maybe not like Sim's but for a big guy he can get up.

Top Bottom