All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

I'm pretty sure he is brothers with Trevon Howard who was at R-Cooper but now plays for IMG Academy right? Trevon is class of 2022.

I'm pretty sure he is brothers with Trevon Howard who was at R-Cooper but now plays for IMG Academy right? Trevon is class of 2022.

This could be, but I do know his brother is Phoenix Sproles (NDSU) and I don't believe any relation to Philip Howard (Cooper Grad too).

Jaxon Howard's dad is Willie Howard - - the coach and former Viking.

Someone in his family or Gopher recruits should convince him to stay home and play with Athan. The U is going to send more players into the NFL. He can lead the TE Room into the NFL, and play in front of friends and family.

Someone in his family or Gopher recruits should convince him to stay home and play with Athan. The U is going to send more players into the NFL. He can lead the TE Room into the NFL, and play in front of friends and family.
The high octane TE offense we will be running will be a huge draw. There’s no way he will be able to say no.

This is a must get. A commitment from him would (imo) open the flood gates

Disagree with part 1, agree with part 2.

He has a most impressive offer list. I really don't know much about him but seems like this is the sort of instate guy that Fleck needs to lock down. There are only a handful of guys from Minnesota that are going to be difference makers for our Gophers, Howard seems like that kind of kid.

The CFP perennials get a lot but certainly not all of the 5 stars. Each year, there are many examples of 5 stars going to other schools. Each year some 5 stars "stay home" and several go to next tier schools. If a team is consistently (year after year) getting players drafted by the NFL, and is consistently being rated in the top 25, it should have a chance for a five star in any given year. And, as the transfer portal is demonstrating, it isn't actually rational (from a self-interest standpoint) for the vast majority of five stars to aggregate themselves at 5-6 schools each year. It actually makes more sense for many five stars to stay home and be a home town hero, while gaining almost certain, instant playing time and a secure spot in the two deep, rather than languish at a CFP school only to be supplanted by the following years' crops of five stars. Wisconsin has started to bring in five stars; the path is there for us to do it, as well. With the recent draft successes PJ and staff are producing, including a first rounder, plus what could be another great draft class this year, a five star who stays home at Minnesota should have nothing to worry about in the draft. In fact, his draft chances might be enhanced. Now, can we beat the allure of the biggest "brand names," which appeal to youthful (and parental) ego as much to rational self interest??? That's the hump, I believe.

The gophers need to involve their tight ends in the passing game a little more to show this kid he will get the looks and the exposure he needs to showcase himself for the next level.

The gophers need to involve their tight ends in the passing game a little more to show this kid he will get the looks and the exposure he needs to showcase himself for the next level.
What makes you think he's playing t.e.?? His recruiting profile is not a T.E. anymore.. he's listed as an athlete

What makes you think he’s not playing tight end? Virtually every article introduces him as being a TE.
I never said he wasn't. However he is not listed as a t.e. position recruit. I know he was at one point listed as a t.e. however it's now ath... Hence my question. I would assume if he were being recruited as a t.e. it would say t.e. for his position.

This is a must get. A commitment from him would (imo) open the flood gates
Must get is a bit of an overstatment. Obviously he will be a massive priority in the class and the staff will do everything possible to land him but from his offer list it is clear that he can basically go anywhere in the country so it is going to be a battle.

Hopefully Jaxon has that desire to stay home and be a hometown hero in the same way the Carter Coughlin did. Would be awesome to see him commit to the U and then go to work in bringing others along for the ride with him.

What makes you think he’s not playing tight end? Virtually every article introduces him as being a TE.
Maybe he wants to be more like Kyle Pitts and stand up in the slot as opposed to starting from a 3 point stance?

Minnesota will host the top junior in their home state on Thursday in Robbinsdale Cooper athlete/tight end Jaxon Howard. Howard will attend the Gophers' opener against Ohio State.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Howard is ranked the No. 64 prospect nationally by the 247Sports Composite.

He visited the Gophers previously to start off a long, national tour of schools in the summer. Howard has 54 scholarship offers which include Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Stanford.

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota will host the top junior in their home state on Thursday in Robbinsdale Cooper athlete/tight end Jaxon Howard. Howard will attend the Gophers' opener against Ohio State.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Howard is ranked the No. 64 prospect nationally by the 247Sports Composite.

He visited the Gophers previously to start off a long, national tour of schools in the summer. Howard has 54 scholarship offers which include Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Stanford.

Go Gophers!!
Would be huge to upset Ohio State with him watching!

Off topic (kind of) but Willie Howard has been posting a gofundme for a Robbinsdale Cooper coach who passed away. If you’re so inclined its easy to find on Twitter.

Off topic (kind of) but Willie Howard has been posting a gofundme for a Robbinsdale Cooper coach who passed away. If you’re so inclined its easy to find on Twitter.
Mods please keep this thread relevant...

Kidding haha thanks for posting this

Top Bottom