All Things Isaac Asuma Recruitment Thread (Class of 2024, Minnesota's Top In-State Target)

I’m sure those games are the highlights in Cherry, what else is there to do.

And BTN has hurt every big ten teams pull with in state kids, not just the gophers. If you can’t admit that your delusional.
I certainly believe it has impacted Gopher hockey, that is for sure!!!

I’m sure those games are the highlights in Cherry, what else is there to do.

And BTN has hurt every big ten teams pull with in state kids, not just the gophers. If you can’t admit that you’re delusional.
Data or made up 💩to bolster your argument - you lost any credibility on board when u failed to acknowledge Henley, athleticism🙄

try again Tom Boy

Last edited:

Oh? I wasn't aware of that claim.

I thought Muss was the best. I wish Ben could pick up a bit of the fire Muss had. Certainly might help Ben's team on the defensive end.
You are kidding right, college basketball is weird, an idiot like Mussleman is revered, while a hall of famer like Kundla is forgotten.

Asuma will be a gopher.
Is this a hunch, @kg21?

You've made a few comments on this. I hope you have some insider info!

I saw on 247 he's visiting this weekend for the Penn State game. I don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere else.

Data or made up 💩to bolster your argument - you lost ant credibility on board when u failed to acknowledge Henley, athleticism🙄

try again Tom Boy
I don’t believe he has elite athleticism( or even great). The two best athletes on the team are JOJ and Payne, and Payne is not elite. JOJ very great, but not elite. Everyone else on the team is average at best.

Where did I say Henley is not an athlete? I will say I don’t see him jumping out of the gym. I take that into my account for elite guard / SF athleticism. He is good, but not on the level of Payne or JOJ. JOJ plays above the rim. Payne also likes to play above or at the rim. Henley does not. He is a below the rim finisher. At 6’7”, that is not great / elite…it’s average.

I don’t believe he has elite athleticism( or even great). The two best athletes on the team are JOJ and Payne, and Payne is not elite. JOJ very great, but not elite. Everyone else on the team is average at best.

Where did I say Henley is not an athlete? I will say I don’t see him jumping out of the gym. I take that into my account for elite guard / SF athleticism. He is good, but not on the level of Payne or JOJ. JOJ plays above the rim. Payne also likes to play above or at the rim. Henley does not. He is a below the rim finisher. At 6’7”, that is not great / elite…it’s average.
I’m not saying gonna look through all your posts to find it.

He has a 40 inch vertical (uncommon and likely the best on the team) and he has shown the quickness repeatedly to beat players off the dribble to penetrate, people who understand sports consider that elite.

My guess is you don’t watch the games at all (?) and simplify read the box scores.

Last edited:

I don't disagree with most of your takes on our situation. I think you are wrong about Henley. He can really get up in the air, I don't think he has finishing strength yet in a crowd like Ola Joseph or Payne.

Gonna need to see some proof of that claim.
I remember it being mentioned during one of the telecasts IIRC by Stephen Bardo when the play by play remarked about Henley’s hops on a put back attempt; Bardo said, those look easy when you have a 40” vertical is something to that effect.

What proof do u have that he doesn’t have one?😎

Last edited:

I remember it being mentioned during one of the telecasts IIRC by Stephen Bardo when the play by play remarked about Henley’s hops on a put back attempt; Bardo said, those look easy when you have a 40” vertical is something to that effect.

And whether it's 40 inches or 33, the guy is a superior athlete who can get by people far better than anyone else on the team right now, and that makes him incredibly valuable, especially on a team that struggles to score. He will also be an asset with his defense, and he has shown an ability to dish it in tight quarters that is also only going to get better. With another year of strengthening and improving his shot, this kid is going to play a big part in their success. (Yes, they will have some success in the coming years.)

I’m not saying gonna look through all your posts to find it.

He has a 40 inch vertical (uncommon and likely the best on the team) and he has shown the quickness repeatedly to beat players off the dribble to penetrate, people who understand sports consider that elite.

My guess is you don’t watch the games at all (?) and simplify read the box scores.
We can agree to disagree on his level of athleticism. I watch every game and he doesn’t play above the rim like other elite athletes.

And whether it's 40 inches or 33, the guy is a superior athlete who can get by people far better than anyone else on the team right now, and that makes him incredibly valuable, especially on a team that struggles to score. He will also be an asset with his defense, and he has shown an ability to dish it in tight quarters that is also only going to get better. With another year of strengthening and improving his shot, this kid is going to play a big part in their success. (Yes, they will have some success in the coming years.)
Will he reclassify? 🤔

I don't disagree with most of your takes on our situation. I think you are wrong about Henley. He can really get up in the air, I don't think he has finishing strength yet in a crowd like Ola Joseph or Payne.
I just routinely see JOJ’s head around rim level. Henley reminds me of Michael Carter-Williams. A taller point guard / who was a non-shooter. Similar heights. Both play below the rim.

It’s not like Henley is elevating and attacking for dunks, he’s missing layups below the rim on a majority of his close twos. He’s the third best athlete on our team.

If you are talking Payne and Ola Joseph, I'll agree. Henley has plenty of hops to him and is quick. Hang in there on him. He'll be good.

So you just made it up. Check.

Huh - cool video. That guy is pretty good, eh. ;)
It was my attempt to reply to the poster who accused me of making up a story about Henley’s vertical.

As a huge music fan, always wished I could have seen him or The Beetles in concert: was fortunate to see Paul.

The same guys saying Ben can't coach would be saying Clem couldn't coach. Guaranteed. I've been on these message boards for 20 years...and some things never change.
The message board didn't exist when Clem arrived. Pay up Pilgrim. By the way, what was your screen name 20 years ago? Mine hasn't changed.

Top Bottom