All Things Grayson Grove Recruitment Thread (Class of 2024, Alexandria, MN; 6-8, 190lb; Gophers Commit!

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

Trying to think of a comp for him. Jamison Battle maybe? Nice shot, not really quick enough for a 3, can maybe get overpowered at the 4. Stretch 4 perhaps. Minnesota by far his best offer, I can’t see him turning it down, unless he explodes on the summer circuit.

Trying to think of a comp for him. Jamison Battle maybe? Nice shot, not really quick enough for a 3, can maybe get overpowered at the 4. Stretch 4 perhaps. Minnesota by far his best offer, I can’t see him turning it down, unless he explodes on the summer circuit.
Def not Jamison type. He is a lot less skilled. He def is a good shot blocker & a much better defender.

No other comparable P6 offers, so how exactly are we late then?

Pet multiple posters on the board Mc Andrews has already said he’s not interested - kudos for his honesty
Ahh.. low major schools outside the state recognizing talent and offering before the Gophers.

Looks bigger than 190 lbs. Looks like the state tourney helped again, two offers after. Anyone know his 3pt%

Kind of reminds me of Winter.

I watched his game against Koepke online and he got sort of manhandled downlow. But he was a pretty deadly shooter.

Looks bigger than 190 lbs. Looks like the state tourney helped again, two offers after. Anyone know his 3pt%
Looks like he can put some weight on that frame, wasn’t gonna work that way with his Akex brethren, TT, just too long and skinny. You need Nerlens Noel type athleticism or be a deadeye from 3, ala Matt Bonner with Tt’s type of frame.

Last edited:

Looks like he can put some weight on that frame, wasn’t gonna work that way with his Akex breathern, TT, just too long and skinny. You need Nerlens Noel type athleticism or be a deadeye from 3, ala Matt Bonner with Tt’s type of frame.
You thinking he is waiting for his UW offer?

You thinking he is waiting for his UW offer?
Your obsession, not mine, sparky.

for someone who works in sales(?), its surprising that you don’t comprehend that most sales are made after the initial pitch.

Ben ain’t selling Kirby’s door-to-door, he’s building a relationship.

Ahh.. low major schools outside the state recognizing talent and offering before the Gophers.
Recognizing a player and offering are two different things. Especially when it comes to in state players the Gophers have to be positive they want that guy before they offer as the likelihood that player commits is higher.

I have no issue with not being the first offer on a player. Would much rather the staff take their time in order to be sure. Feel the same about local football recruits.

Good for Grove. He had a heck of a playoff/state tourney run to earn this.

No other comparable P6 offers, so how exactly are we late then?

Per multiple posters on the board Mc Andrews has already said he’s not interested - kudos for his honesty
has any of this been confirmed? in that he actually has told Ben Johnson he isnt interested? and the reasoning behind it?

would be interesting to know what he is hearing from TT's brother/dad on the U.

as far as the summer goes....playing with D1 minnesota will be great for him again. He continues to get better. And getting stronger/improved handles will be a very positive for him.

already excited to check out he and his Alexandria High School team next season. They are going to be loaded.

This kid is a zero-star recruit? Even TT was a 3 star and we see how that turned out.

would be interesting to know what he is hearing from TT's brother/dad on the U.

as far as the summer goes....playing with D1 minnesota will be great for him again. He continues to get better. And getting stronger/improved handles will be a very positive for him.

already excited to check out he and his Alexandria High School team next season. They are going to be loaded.
I was thinking the same thing......Ben is probably not well-liked in the Alexandria area. TT's younger brother can really shoot it.....has good size and just finished his sophomore season, but I'm assuming they won't even bother with him due to the family link.

has any of this been confirmed? in that he actually has told Ben Johnson he isnt interested? and the reasoning behind it?
Multiple posters who live in MN and are connected to HS hoops have posited this, otherwise would he have not been offered by Ben by now? He’s not a borderline D1 player; he’s a top 200 recruit,173 IIRC. It’s not like McAndrews isn’t a known quantity at this juncture.

If this is that important to you, then I suggest you read through these state tourney thread S it was discussed in there.

Top Bottom