All Things Gophers at Colorado Road Trip Thread

Well, I got itchy thinking about this game and jumped on a travel site and found the Harvest House Millennium for $175 per night. After seeing it is about a 5 minute walk up a trail to the NE of Folsom Field, I jumped on it. I can cancel by 9/15 and did not have to pay yet.

Once I did that I went to Vivid Seats and saw some tickets around the 10 yard line, lower deck on the Visitor side for under $100 per seat before fees. Predictably I got out the card and ordered those within a minute. Now I just need to get a flight and figure out if I want to spend any time in Denver on Wednesday and Thursday.

I have not been to a non-conference road game since USC, (edit, UNLV was so awful I forgot about it at first) in 2011, so I am exited about this. I really wanted to go to Oregon State but it was not in the cards.

Last edited:

Worst comes to worst .... it is drive-able.

Going there is "like" 13hrs, since you gain an hour. But coming back is "like" 15hrs. Up early and a long day, for sure, but home in time to take a shower and get a full night sleep.

A rental car is not needed to easily get the 30 or so miles from DIA (airport) to Boulder.

There is a regional bus for $10 (one way) or so that will take about 65 minutes to get you there and back. There are also two companies that run regular shuttles back and for for around $45 for first person and then $15 for the second each way. (every hour or so)

A rental car would have been a good option pre-pandemic when a decent car could be had for $25 a day, but he rates are much higher right now, probably because of the demand for used cars, and the right decision by the rental companies to liquidate their fleets for the 18 months there was almost zero business (my take at least). Maybe that issue subside a bit in two months, but sometimes it is better to not have to deal with a car.

A drive would be OK with long drive somewhere past Rapid City for a little tourist stuff, then a much nicer, more relaxed drive on day two to Boulder through some nice scenery.

Worst comes to worst .... it is drive-able.

Going there is "like" 13hrs, since you gain an hour. But coming back is "like" 15hrs. Up early and a long day, for sure, but home in time to take a shower and get a full night sleep.

It's very driveable. My parents are in their mid-70s and make the drive in one day multiple times a year still.

Wanted to be in the lower bowl for sure so bit the bullet and got tickets through Stubhub. Can't wait!

Got our tickets through the U, a group of 9. Should be fun!

A rental car is not needed to easily get the 30 or so miles from DIA (airport) to Boulder.

There is a regional bus for $10 (one way) or so that will take about 65 minutes to get you there and back. There are also two companies that run regular shuttles back and for for around $45 for first person and then $15 for the second each way. (every hour or so)

A rental car would have been a good option pre-pandemic when a decent car could be had for $25 a day, but he rates are much higher right now, probably because of the demand for used cars, and the right decision by the rental companies to liquidate their fleets for the 18 months there was almost zero business (my take at least). Maybe that issue subside a bit in two months, but sometimes it is better to not have to deal with a car.

A drive would be OK with long drive somewhere past Rapid City for a little tourist stuff, then a much nicer, more relaxed drive on day two to Boulder through some nice scenery.
If you are at the Harvest house you don't need a car. There are city buses in this small town and like you said the bus to the airport is great (it's $11 now, comes once an hour most of the day and 2x during some of the busy times...forget taxi or Uber as they'll be over $100 unless you area big group). I would also guess that you can get really cheap tickets from scalpers on the day of the game. I won't get tickets ahead of time. Colorado has been lousy for years...I get asked to go to many games for free and usually say no.

It's very driveable. My parents are in their mid-70s and make the drive in one day multiple times a year still.
It's 13.5 hours to Minneapolis. I do it about 2 roundtrips a year. Very doable in a day.

Got our tickets through the U, a group of 9. Should be fun!
Did U ticket office say what section you would be in. Went on line this morning and tickets were $65 plus fees but didn't say where they were.

Did U ticket office say what section you would be in. Went on line this morning and tickets were $65 plus fees but didn't say where they were.
No they don’t tell you what section you’ll be yet. I wish they did. But maybe someone on here knows what section Colorado typically puts the visitors in? It’s maybe even been discussed earlier in this thread I’m not sure.

I think somebody thought section 110 but not sure if that was confirmed. Too lazy to go through whole thread. Thanks.

No they don’t tell you what section you’ll be yet. I wish they did. But maybe someone on here knows what section Colorado typically puts the visitors in? It’s maybe even been discussed earlier in this thread I’m not sure.

You will almost certainly be in one of the two sections aligned (or just past) the north end zone looking west to east. $65 seems quite reasonable. Those seats definitely have their challenges seeing the other end of the field, but I've sat there before and they're definitely not bad seats.

It's 13.5 hours to Minneapolis. I do it about 2 roundtrips a year. Very doable in a day.
You sound like someone who drives 85 the whole time and only stops to pee and grab gas-station food. :)

You will almost certainly be in one of the two sections aligned (or just past) the north end zone looking west to east. $65 seems quite reasonable. Those seats definitely have their challenges seeing the other end of the field, but I've sat there before and they're definitely not bad seats.
Thoughts on their stadium, overall?

I know some people have a "destination list" of stadiums to see. Should this one be on it, in your opinion?

Thoughts on their stadium, overall?

I know some people have a "destination list" of stadiums to see. Should this one be on it, in your opinion?

It's definitely an older stadium with average amenities, but the views of the Flatiron Mountain range (really special) and the setting in Boulder definitely make it very unique and worthwhile. If you are sitting in certain higher sections on the east side of the stadium, you are able to get the Flatiron view the entire game. Otherwise, as you are walking around the outside of the stadium, you will get the views. It's also really cool to watch Ralphie (the Buffalo) run out on the field before the game.

Overall, I'd say due to the setting - so close to unique and beautiful mountains and in a really nice campus and town - it should definitely be on a destination list. For what it lacks in tradition or size, it's probably a lot more memorable than at least 2/3 of the Big Ten stadiums/towns.

If people who went to the Colorado State game 5-6 years back thought that was cool, Boulder and Folsom Field are levels above that.

Thanks. Looks like those are sections 101 and 102. Think I'd rather be closer to the middle. Saw you can get in section 108 (visitor sideline) for $125 including all fees.
Went to Colorado ticket site and they are not selling single game tickets for Gophs game yet.

Folsom Field website says visitor sections are 101 & 102 in NW section of the stadium.

Folsom Field website says visitor sections are 101 & 102 in NW section of the stadium.

They will 99% be in 101 and 102. I'd probably take my chances on the secondary market or wait til the CU office starts selling single games and try and sit elsewhere. It's worth the extra money for a better view unless you're dead set on sitting amongst all the Gopher fans.

They will 99% be in 101 and 102. I'd probably take my chances on the secondary market or wait til the CU office starts selling single games and try and sit elsewhere. It's worth the extra money for a better view unless you're dead set on sitting amongst all the Gopher fans.
Agree

Their website shows single game tix available. It’s always good to sit in Gopher section but not enamored with the location. There were two years in Iowa and we were assigned tix and ended up down low in Gopher section. Poor view angled. Buff site shows good tix avail which we may do rather than taking what UM tix office assigns.

Their website shows single game tix available. It’s always good to sit in Gopher section but not enamored with the location. There were two years in Iowa and we were assigned tix and ended up down low in Gopher section. Poor view angled. Buff site shows good tix avail which we may do rather than taking what UM tix office assigns.

Yeah, unlike at Iowa or Wisconsin, where you never know what you're going to get sitting amongst their fans, I think it's fair to expect the CU fans to be fairly pedestrian with where the program is at. I would not be surprised to see 5-10k Minnesota fans at this game. Definitely seems like one of the more popular road game destinations in recent years - and there are already a lot of Minnesota transplants out here in Colorado.

I don't think that's correct. Was just on their official website again and only single game tickets they have are for A & M. They have a link to Vivid tickets that have tickets for our game but those, I think, are season ticket resales. Says on website date to be determined on selling single game tickets. If you've got another link, would love to check out. Thanks

I don't think that's correct. Was just on their official website again and only single game tickets they have are for A & M. They have a link to Vivid tickets that have tickets for our game but those, I think, are season ticket resales. Says on website date to be determined on selling single game tickets. If you've got another link, would love to check out. Thanks

From what the guy at the CU Ticket Office told me, they are releasing single game to Buff Club (alumni) members first in early July and then general public tix will go on sale after that (total guess here, but sounds like second half of July to me).

Here is the link I saw: Rate Your Seats. I did not order any tix but it appears that they are available.

Here is the link I saw: Rate Your Seats. I did not order any tix but it appears that they are available.

Ok. Thanks. They are a reseller like StubHub or Vivid, who also have tickets available. Just wanted to see what the University itself was going to offer. Will be fun. More fun if we win!!
Writer-is bar/restaurant scene near stadium fun after a game?

Come join me in section 109. We can air five after Gopher scores.

Is there a gopher tailgate lot or is everyone just hanging at pearl Street pregame?

Top Bottom