All things good dogs

Yeah, looks exactly like ours did as a puppy. I was surprise by how fast they grow. Full grown at about a year. We're doing some reactive training with ours because he is overly reactive -- everything from other dogs to butterflies.
Yeah, she's been adding about a pound a week. Eating like a dang horse.

That's a cat! Any dog that is much less than knee-high is a C-A-T Cat.
LOL. Our first dog was the lab mix I described further up. 55 pounds and just a great dog in every way. But I have to say I'm a convert to the smaller non-shedding breeds. Not that I wouldn't go back to a bigger breed, but I would not want the 100-pound beheamoth labradors my brother-in-law owns. We just did some intensive cleaning up at the in-laws' lake home, and the amount of lab fur in the nooks and crannies of that place made me gag. Bath time for us is quick and simple!

Lost our fox terrier/Jack Russell/mystery breed at the age of 14 in March. Gave it about a month before we moved on. It was tough going because lots of people are adopting dogs now. Found several dogs we liked, but they all were adopted before we could even ask about them. Finally find one that we thought fit what we were looking for, medium sized dog, another terrier mix. I'm pretty sure the mix in this one is a lab, because he loves to play in water. And the rescue's estimate of 25-30 lbs fully grown is going to be off. At 4 months, he's already 27 lbs. Thank goodness I have the time to commit to him, because this a lot more work than I recall.

Do any of your dogs have allergies? My dog has severe allergies, and we have to give him a daily pill to help manage his reactions. Who ever heard of a dog that's allergic to grass. I thought you were descended from the mighty wolf? :rolleyes:

tOTB online vs. if we ever met up at a bar:

Do any of your dogs have allergies? My dog has severe allergies, and we have to give him a daily pill to help manage his reactions. Who ever heard of a dog that's allergic to grass. I thought you were descended from the mighty wolf? :rolleyes:

I would consider changing your dog food to a natural diet. Our dogs had allergies and this was the ticket for them. We go with the cooked foods, not raw. The difference was amazing. Processed dog food is garbage.

One of the highlights from Woodys Page:

Carnivores should be fed real meat, not highly-processed, carbohydrate-based dry and canned food. Today’s pets are overfed but undernourished. Feeding our pets an inappropriate diet is the cause of imbalance and chronic inflammation leading to health problems such as allergies, obesity, diabetes, urinary tract infections, arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease.

It's no exaggeration to say that processed dog food is garbage. Dogs may do fine with it, but it doesn't mean that it's good for them.

One of the highlights from Woodys Page:

It's no exaggeration to say that processed dog food is garbage. Dogs may do fine with it, but it doesn't mean that it's good for them.
Thanks for the tip. The vet asked about diet but seemed ok with what we were feeding him. It's advertised as healthy and balanced but is still dry kibble.

Thanks for the tip. The vet asked about diet but seemed ok with what we were feeding him. It's advertised as healthy and balanced but is still dry kibble.

Dog food is funky stuff. There are decent dry foods out there but I would go to a website like Dog Food Advisor to do a bit of research. The biggest difference in feeding your dogs good food is that you could eat it. It would probably be a bit gross but you could put Woody's cooked stuff on toast. Any other manufactured dog foods are made from meat/products that are unfit for human consumption. That's why they turn it into dog food. Your dog deserves better and will be much healthier for it.

Last edited:

Our Siberian Husky passed away two years and just today added a dog back in the family with an English Golden Retriever! So happy to have a dog again and I’ve never seen our kids so happy!

Go Dogs!!

Attachments

• DD21EF92-0D5D-4B53-820C-A74949D7FE33.jpeg
    DD21EF92-0D5D-4B53-820C-A74949D7FE33.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 9220761C-6A07-46AB-83F9-70C99469BBA7.jpeg
    9220761C-6A07-46AB-83F9-70C99469BBA7.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 0

These two vicious maneaters are constantly patrolling the Ogee household. Blood thirsty is what they really are.
IMG_1879.jpeg

Top Bottom