All Things DinkyTown Athletes

Been stopped several times to talk about my hat. I just tell everyone who asks to buy one and say it’s the best hat I’ve ever owned. It’s not but they can afford a hat.
What is the best hat you've owned? Top hat, fedora, beret, ascot...or maybe a Pioneer Seed cap?

Two thumbs up for Gray Duck’s DTA hard seltzer called Bomba Juice. I didn’t know they were going to sell a hard seltzer until I walked past an almost empty shelf of it in the liquor store. Just in time for summer!
Its been around a while...in fact they have a few types IIRC. That is the only good one though.

What is the best hat you've owned? Top hat, fedora, beret, ascot...or maybe a Pioneer Seed cap?
giphy.gif

Can someone that knows someone as Dinkytown Athletes ask why the heck they are using "Ice Hockey" for all the Gopher stuff instead of just hockey?

"Minnesota Ice Hockey", "Gopher Ice Hockey" - It looks ridiculous and amateur or straight from China or something.
It's Gopher Hockey or Minnesota Hockey.

Can someone that knows someone as Dinkytown Athletes ask why the heck they are using "Ice Hockey" for all the Gopher stuff instead of just hockey?

"Minnesota Ice Hockey", "Gopher Ice Hockey" - It looks ridiculous and amateur or straight from China or something.
Only reason I can think of is that's what the NCAA calls it.

bring it up with threadly, the company that runs athletes thread (who does the DTA shirts as well as for a ton of other schools around the country), who's creator was born in India and went to school at Florida and who's co-founder also went to school at Florida. Safe to say he/they probably don't have a whole lot of experience with hockey. couple that with from a club sport standing, yeah most places outside of the northern states and Canada call it ice hockey

Only reason I can think of is that's what the NCAA calls it.

UND's merch including authentics make the Gophers one look like an absolute joke.

bring it up with threadly, the company that runs athletes thread (who does the DTA shirts as well as for a ton of other schools around the country), who's creator was born in India and went to school at Florida and who's co-founder also went to school at Florida. Safe to say he/they probably don't have a whole lot of experience with hockey. couple that with from a club sport standing, yeah most places outside of the northern states and Canada call it ice hockey
Yup, looks like we get half assed gear from a company that doesn't know a thing about hockey. Shame

Yup, looks like we get half assed gear from a company that doesn't know a thing about hockey. Shame
That's the NIL company's stuff. Not official u of m stuff. U of m is fanatics now like almost every other pro and college team in the country. (Which also sucks)

Seriously you should go cheer for the sue. So glad you were banned from GPL.

That's the NIL company's stuff. Not official u of m stuff. U of m is fanatics now like almost every other pro and college team in the country. (Which also sucks)

Seriously you should go cheer for the sue. So glad you were banned from GPL.
I'm literally trying to spend money for the program but the product is nowhere near acceptable for the price. That's not a fan problem.

I'm talking player merch. Of course the general merch for Gopher hockey between Scheels and Goldy's Locker Room is solid and I have a crap ton of it.
Email Derek Burns who runs Dinkytown Athletes.
[email protected]

Let us know what he says. I'm genuinely curious.

I'm talking player merch. Of course the general merch for Gopher hockey between Scheels and Goldy's Locker Room is solid and I have a crap ton of it.
The player merch is going to be pretty standard. Most of it looks cheap because it is. They’re not going to dump a bunch of money into it as a manufacturing group as the players rotate constantly nor do much diversifying based on school/sport. It financially would be dumb of them as the manufacturer to do so as the market is very very limited for most of these athletes, especially in niche sports which college hockey absolutely is

The player merch is going to be pretty standard. Most of it looks cheap because it is. They’re not going to dump a bunch of money into it as a manufacturing group as the players rotate constantly nor do much diversifying based on school/sport. It financially would be dumb of them as the manufacturer to do so as the market is very very limited for most of these athletes, especially in niche sports which college hockey absolutely is
I'm really not asking for much. I'm giving free consulting.

The player fonts need to be updated on the back to match as closely to the actual jersey names and numbers as possible. Also get a good size to the name and number on the back again in line with what you see on the ice. They need to remove "Ice" from "Ice Hockey". When you put laces on a graphic tee/sweatshirt for hockey, put the laces where they are actually supposed to be and not in the middle of the chest.

Put actual pictures of product on the website. The digital renderings do make it all look super cheap.

None of this should require much investment. It's design updates.

A nice block M. "HOCKEY" underneath it. SNUGGERUD 81 on the back. Boom

Last edited:

Do the UMN women have a field hockey team like some colleges? If so, that might be the reason.

I'm really not asking for much. I'm giving free consulting.

The player fonts need to be updated on the back to match as closely to the actual jersey names and numbers as possible. Also get a good size to the name and number on the back again in line with what you see on the ice. They need to remove "Ice" from "Ice Hockey". When you put laces on a graphic tee/sweatshirt for hockey, put the laces where they are actually supposed to be and not in the middle of the chest.

Put actual pictures of product on the website. The digital renderings do make it all look super cheap.

None of this should require much investment. It's design updates.

A nice block M. "HOCKEY" underneath it. SNUGGERUD 81 on the back. Boom
I’m not saying anything about agreeing or disagreeing with your feeling, just that the company is not going to care because they’re not going to customize fonts, names for teams, etc. they’re going to hammer up the designs as fast as they can, see what sells. It’s a zero sum game for them to customize specially for each team. There are million different fonts. The majority that will buy aren’t stopping because the font isn’t quite accurate.

I’m not saying anything about agreeing or disagreeing with your feeling, just that the company is not going to care because they’re not going to customize fonts, names for teams, etc. they’re going to hammer up the designs as fast as they can, see what sells. It’s a zero sum game for them to customize specially for each team. There are million different fonts. The majority that will buy aren’t stopping because the font isn’t quite accurate.
Call me old school but that doesn't feel like a great company to work with

Call me old school but that doesn't feel like a great company to work with
Well then why dont you, in your role as "free consultant" put your money where your mouth is and find a company that will do better and do it cheap enough that the fans will be able to purchase it. Oh and they have to make sure that the quality is up to the U standards or the U will call trademark on them and shut them down. Speaking from experience it isn't as easy as you think.

Hell, if Jup hadn't permabanned you I would tell you to email him or bert and ask them. As usual you take your grievance and figure the minor solution you worked out in your head is easy enough to make work in the macro sense when it just doesn't work that way.

You obviously have never had a job that requires any sort of real leg work and research because if you so you would have learned rather quickly who to contact, why the decisions were made as such and the problems that will result from what you are suggesting.

Top Bottom