All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

I counted 23, but you are correct. I mean....five of their noncon power conference games were nationally televised. And then they had two WCC tournament games and six NCAA tournament games. But I am surprised that 10 of their conference games were on ESPN/2.

Have to remember that they had a lot of canceled games too however. Of those eight games, only the game against Baylor was scheduled for national television. The other seven were regional. But the point stands. They definitely had better exposure during the middle of the season than I had thought.
Better than I thought as well, TBH. I was shocked by game times and national exposure. But they are the best west coast program right now.

Shooter chimes in:

With the still strong possibility of landing 7-feet-1 Chet Holmgren from Minnehaha Academy, Gonzaga already is favored at 9-1 odds to win next year’s NCAA men’s basketball championship, by BetOnline.ag. The Gophers, by the way, are 200-1. Look for Holmgren to announce for Gonzaga soon.

Go Gophers!!

Shooter chimes in:

With the still strong possibility of landing 7-feet-1 Chet Holmgren from Minnehaha Academy, Gonzaga already is favored at 9-1 odds to win next year’s NCAA men’s basketball championship, by BetOnline.ag. The Gophers, by the way, are 200-1. Look for Holmgren to announce for Gonzaga soon.

Go Gophers!!
Hard hitting stuff from Shooter as always.

Shooter is, and I say this in the meanest way possible, useless.

Gonzaga makes all the sense in the world for Chet, and I wish him well.

From the Gopher standpoint, hey, at least these local stars are still showing us on their short lists and not completely disregarding the U. A charade is still better than nothing...I think. The question is how does this program develop so that we're getting players like are going to Gonzaga?

It only makes our Monson selection that much more painful. Possibly, mn hired Few and dayummmmmm.
On its surface, that's tempting to take and run with, but...Gonzaga had all the momentum in the world at that point, Dan Dickau coming in, and a commitment from their institution to invest in the program. What Few did was keep the momentum going by getting them to the Sweet 16 his first year, which was arguably the most important moment in his tenure. Meanwhile, Minnesota was dead in the water and facing sanctions. The only bright spot was that Pryzbilla didn't leave with the coaching change...and then he finally did during the season. Few might have run aground on the same rocks as Monson did. Who knows.

No but the trial is in Minnesota and somehow out of some semblance of respect they may decide to hold off on doing it.
Going to go out on a limb and say that the trial will have zero impact on the announcement since it was scheduled while the trial was already in progress.

Agree. But her going to UCONN made her more of a national legend, whatever legend means to each person. I just do not see the value others do in in being a legend in Minnesota compared to other places.
Would she have been player of the year had she attended MN?

Gonzaga makes all the sense in the world for Chet, and I wish him well.

From the Gopher standpoint, hey, at least these local stars are still showing us on their short lists and not completely disregarding the U. A charade is still better than nothing...I think. The question is how does this program develop so that we're getting players like are going to Gonzaga?
I think it does from the outside. However, Chet already played on star laden teams.

My persoanlity would gravitate towards the U. Precisely because I’d expect I could/would be able to do it, because other peole say that I can’t. I.E. the little engine that could. And I’m not saying this in a vain light so much as to note it’s unusual, but motivates my competittive nature.

if Larry Bird can drive Indiana St. Chet Holmgren could drive the U. However, it still has to be a situation that inherently challenges him.

Honestly the only two bargaining chips we had was playing at home and giving him freedom to do whatever we wanted

Paige and Suggs said the same thing. They're putting on for MN. That shows how low Gopher bball is. Irrelevant.
It is OK. Only up from here. Love the coaching staff and how much they think this is a great job. Would have loved Chet but it was one and done.

Paige and Suggs said the same thing. They're putting on for MN. That shows how low Gopher bball is. Irrelevant.
The state is more than the university. Its fairly rare that high level players ‘stay home’ unless its UCLA

Top Bottom