All Things Ben Johnson Tweets

The show was made, (like someone else previously mentioned) as a based on true stories of Mark Wahlberg's life experiences. If the content didn't age well, it's not necessarily the show that didn't age well, it's the behavior (in real life) of that time period that didn't age well.

The show was made, (like someone else previously mentioned) as a based on true stories of Mark Wahlberg's life experiences. If the content didn't age well, it's not necessarily the show that didn't age well, it's the behavior (in real life) of that time period that didn't age well.
The show and the content of the show aged fine, it's society that got messed up.

Musselman probably watches Yellowstone. I bet when players don't reach their potential and he needs them to leave, he just drops them off at the train station.
According to the ever-important guide, it's

Eric Musselman, Arkansas
TV Show: Empire
Movie: Hoosiers

Craig Smith, Utah State
TV Show: Alone
Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness

Dennis Gates, Cleveland State
TV Show: None
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

Niko Medved, Colorado State
TV Show: Billions
Movie: Pulp Fiction

According to the ever-important guide, it's

Eric Musselman, Arkansas
TV Show: Empire
Movie: Hoosiers

Craig Smith, Utah State
TV Show: Alone
Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness

Dennis Gates, Cleveland State
TV Show: None
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

Niko Medved, Colorado State
TV Show: Billions
Movie: Pulp Fiction
Billions was good for a couple episodes and then it just dragged to me.

I watched a couple of episodes of "Entourage" back in the day.

Did Vinnie ever get to play "Aquaman" in the movies?

So glad we didn't hire this guy. I don't trust people who say they don't watch t.v.. Unless "None" is a new show I am unaware of?
Gates could be the next hire if Ben doesn’t make it through this scandal. Shocked that it’s gone on this long. The tweet is already a couple of days old. Repercussions are imminent.

The show and the content of the show aged fine, it's society that got messed up.
I agree to an extent. I loved that show on Sunday nights. I also grew up, and realized calling everyone a fag in junior high wasn’t that funny. I also think judging shows and movies and even comics from that time and holding them accountable to the current standard isn’t fair.

99.9% of people in that stadium don’t know who the song is by

But you make a good point. It’s interesting Cosby show is off air but we still play Michael Jackson music
Discover Card is using Sir Mix-A-lot's Baby Got Back in its commercials. Most people get it, if referencing Entourage is what set them off, they need to look in the mirror and really evaluate things in their lives.
As long as he doesn't also say he likes the book The DaVinci Code...Two forms of entertainment that are completely fictional yet controversial will just be too much.
I liked Breaking Bad, Mad Men and House of Cards...am l a bad person?

Discover Card is using Sir Mix-A-lot's Baby Got Back in its commercials. Most people get it, if referencing Entourage is what set them off, they need to look in the mirror and really evaluate things in their lives.

I liked Breaking Bad, Mad Men and House of Cards...am l a bad person?
If you have to ask…

discover card isn’t working for the U of M

You people are making way to much of this, he’s not advocating that lifestyle for the players, just said he liked the show. Get a Lufe!
I’m not making anything of it. I said I’m surprised someone isn’t

Nobody on a message board is allowed to tell anyone else to get a life. It’s in the bi-laws

You people are making way to much of this, he’s not advocating that lifestyle for the players, just said he liked the show. Get a Lufe!
We're just having fun with Some Guy's OP...

Really? You sure? You may want to get another opinion on that take.....
Yep, I'm 100% sure. Most of the folks on here agree with that take. Ben Johnson seems to agree with that take.

So yeah, I'm cool with my opinion.

I'm shocked you have a different opinion. Just floored. I would have only guessed that by the everything about you.

Entourage has received TONS of criticism online. If you google "is Entourage problematic", the following show up:
  • Many TV shows wear out their welcome, but the backlash toward Entourage is particularly intense, especially because the show has stoked accusations of sexism, misogyny, and racism.
  • 'Entourage' Includes some Problematic Theses
  • Entourage Creator Blames "PC Culture" for His Show Aging
  • Entourage has Aged Even Worse Than You Expected
  • Entourage's Misogynistic Legacy "Hurts My Soul"
  • Unfortunately due to Entourage's superficial trappings, many of us overlooked the show's glaring issues. Rampant sexism, frequent homophobia and. . . and while it was easier to chock up Vince and the gang's behavior as "boys will be boys" shenanigans at the time, we're at a cultural moment where this toxic masculinity looks much worse in hindsight.

All of the major online hit piece type of things (gawker, ranker, daily beast, etc.) have found it to be very problematic.

It's literally white dudes in their 20s being friends and trying to hook with hot chicks.

My late wife was a liberal Political Science professor, she loved the show, we'd leave the cabin early Sunday afternoon to make sure we caught the new episode. Sure it had all that but it wasn't done in an angry in your face way. The show was about life long friendships, everything else was an embellishment of that fact.

Top Bottom