All Things Astronomy and Cosmology

OldBob53

Reaction score
I saw this on the Science channel the other night: the gravity of a black hole is so great that matter trapped in its field near the edge (called an "event horizon") spins around the hole at near the speed of light. So I guess about 182,249 miles per second.

But some still falls into the black hole, NEVER to return. Space and Time get sucked in and inside time stands still. Yes, inside a black hole time stands still they confidently asserted without qualification.

How'd they know that?

I saw this on the Science channel the other night: the gravity of a black hole is so great that matter trapped in its field near the edge (called an "event horizon") spins around the hole at near the speed of light. So I guess about 182,249 miles per second.

But some still falls into the black hole, NEVER to return. Space and Time get sucked in and inside time stands still. Yes, inside a black hole time stands still they confidently asserted without qualification.

How'd they know that?
Look up time dilation. That will answer your question.

That sounds hard. I just want to know how our esteemed and revered and supposedly superior minded scientists know what's inside a Black Hole.

Perhaps they overestimate their own intelligence. That seems possible, knowing something about human beings.

That sounds hard. I just want to know how our esteemed and revered and supposedly superior minded scientists know what's inside a Black Hole.

Perhaps they overestimate their own intelligence. That seems possible, knowing something about human beings.
They don't know exactly what's inside. It could depend on the size of the blackhole.

A giant fireball, a universe unto itself, etc.

The light from the andromeda galaxy you will see tonight started it’s journey 2.5 million years ago.

Yes, inside a black hole time stands still they confidently asserted without qualification.
I wouldn't mind if a few moments in my life stood still if you know what I mean.;)

You sound like a typical Gemini (who's Mercury is probably in Capricorn haha).

Look, it's simple. All these astrologers lay with their crystals (probably Rose quartz or Jasper) which allows them to empower their spirit and promotes courage, quick thinking and confidence, and pushes away negative vibes. And the answers to black holes just come to them.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

Anybody ever see a movie called "The Black Hole" - put out by Disney back in 1979. it was not a cinematic masterpiece, but it was fairly entertaining. had some fun robot characters in it, including a robot that was voiced by Slim Pickens of all people.

I actually majored in Math at the good old U of Minn eons ago but I don't remember a damn thing about black holes.

It seems quite possible that what is confidently known now scientifically will seem silly 50 or 100 years hence. But its a fun theory. Emphasis on theory.

I actually majored in Math at the good old U of Minn eons ago but I don't remember a damn thing about black holes.

It seems quite possible that what is confidently known now scientifically will seem silly 50 or 100 years hence. But its a fun theory. Emphasis on theory.
Einstein hasn't been proven wrong yet. Everything keeps coming back positive for him. He developed his theory about 100 years ago, which includes black holes.

Top Bottom