All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Minnesota people with Xfinity you can watch 3 games coming up this fall on Roku.
Somewhat related - I have HBOMax right now and they have a "bleacher report" sports add-on where you can watch games that are on the turner networks. With the Twins being on TBS (and appearing on my homescreen as available) yesterday I was excited to watch the game. But nope, blacked out. I know this has been railed on before, but I'm paying for the service, why does it matter where I live?

Somewhat related - I have HBOMax right now and they have a "bleacher report" sports add-on where you can watch games that are on the turner networks. With the Twins being on TBS (and appearing on my homescreen as available) yesterday I was excited to watch the game. But nope, blacked out. I know this has been railed on before, but I'm paying for the service, why does it matter where I live?
Bally's has exclusive rights in "Twins territory" for these games. It's the same when games are on MLB Network.

Catching the Prime broadcast until I retire around 9, interested to see how they do it.

Bush league Willi, you F up and think it’s three out, so you don’t throw the ball in and the guy in third waltzes in and the fans get on you and you respond by firing the ball into the stands.

If I’m his manager, I yank his azz out of the game and tell him an apology is expected tomorrow.

Bush league Willi, you F up and think it’s three out, so you don’t throw the ball in and the guy in third waltzes in and the fans get on you and you respond by firing the ball into the stands.

If I’m his manager, I yank his azz out of the game and tell him an apology is expected tomorrow.
Trouble is there is no one else to stick out there.

The good ol’ Yankees back in the Twins heads I see

That lead off homerun by Jeffers last night was awesome. Since then 17 straight inning with no runs and no real threats.

What a clown show in CF by Castro. Letting Taylor walk for Margot remains just an obvious terrible decision right up there with trading Polanco for two injured pitchers in Falvey's great off-season.
2nd verse same as the first. The Twins pissing down their legs against the Yankees. The Wolves pissing down their legs in the play-offs. Minnesota Sports. It will never change.

Last week the twins faced Kirby, Gilbert, Castillo, and Gausmann and were scoring runs like drunken sailors. Trot out some washed up average Yankees pitchers and nothing.

That lead off homerun by Jeffers last night was awesome. Since then 17 straight inning with no runs and no real threats.

You and I apparently watched different games last night, as the Twins were 0-6 with RISP, curtesy of the box score.

They had a runner on second with one out and sacks full of Twins with two outs in the second - if that doesn’t constitute a “real threat” then please enlighten the class as to what does 😃?

Twins averaged 7 runs over a couple of weeks, so a regression to the mean was inevitable. I’d rather have it happen in this series than in the next one against the Guards.

Martin or Margot 🤷‍♂️.

Making the point that behavior isn’t to be tolerated trumps everything else; but I’m the Great Santini compared to many youngsters.
The problem is that the manager isn't exactly the stern type. Eddie Rosario stupidly got himself booted out of a playoff game a couple of years ago and he didn't say a word to him. He's more likely to walk over to the other team's dugout and apologize than he is to give one of his players an earful.

The problem is that the manager isn't exactly the stern type. Eddie Rosario stupidly got himself booted out of a playoff game a couple of years ago and he didn't say a word to him. He's more likely to walk over to the other team's dugout and apologize than he is to give one of his players an earful.

That’s why I used the personal pronoun “I” in my posts regarding the subject, to express the juxtaposition between how I would handle that issue and Rocko would/did. Jeff Nelson commented on the Yankees’ telecast that some managers would have pulled him from the game, ala moi.

Last edited:

Castro's punishment is to start at 3B today so Margot can play CF. The deadly combo of Margot and Vazquez in the line-up again. Against a RH starter even. Sigh.

Well, Buxton was 0-3 with 2K in his first rehab game at St. Paul.

on the bright side, Louie Varland started and gave up 6 runs, 5 earned, in 5 innings.

seriously, the nature of baseball is that teams and individual players go through hot and cold stretches. but after 162 games, most teams and most players wind up more or less where they belong through regression to the mean.

the Twins IMHO are better than they looked in the 1st 20 games of the season (7-13). they are not as good as they looked in the next 20 games (17-3). each 20-game segment represents roughly 12% of the season.

2nd verse same as the first. The Twins pissing down their legs against the Yankees. The Wolves pissing down their legs in the play-offs. Minnesota Sports. It will never change.
We did win the series against the Yankees 4-3 last year. But gonna be tough this year to do that now.

Judge might break the season doubles record in this series alone.

The good ol’ Yankees back in the Twins heads I see
I think it's more of a case that they are vastly more talented, especially without Lewis and Buxton.

Julien strikes out at a higher rate than Buxton and isn't that far behind Sano's rate when he was really bad. I really like him and his potential but he does strike out a lot.

I think it's more of a case that they are vastly more talented, especially without Lewis and Buxton.
I wouldn't say vastly more talented. Soto and Judge are clearly elite. After that, the talent level is pretty even IMO.

Margot has pulled ahead of Vazquez in the batting average race. .169 to .171. Can't wait to watch them take another 8 hacks at it tomorrow. Not that the rest of the line-up is doing much better.

Top Bottom