All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I was watching the Wolves, so jumping in late to offer thoughts.

SWR with a really solid performance. He looks as if he's figuring out how his stuff works at this level. not expecting him to be this good every game, but if he can be a decent #5 starter, that's a plus for the Twins and gives Varland time to work on his development.

irony - after the Margot griping on here earlier, he comes up with a key hit, and Vazquez with a Sac Fly.

I understand the reasons for using Duran in the 8th. But it still seems goofy to have an arm like Duran's in the bullpen, and your closer is a older guy tossing up 75-mph 12-to-6 curve balls. I still want Brock Stewart back - and healthy - ASAP. If Topa can do anything when he returns, this bullpen has the potential to be scary good.

Tom Kelly managed his 1,000th MLB win on this date in 2000.

Joe Mays, who entered the game with an 0-4 record, pitched a complete game five-hit shutout as the Twins beat the Tigers 4-0 at home in the Dome.

IMG_6056.jpeg

Tom Kelly managed his 1,000th MLB win on this date in 2000.

Joe Mays, who entered the game with an 0-4 record, pitched a complete game five-hit shutout as the Twins beat the Tigers 4-0 at home in the Dome.

View attachment 31348
Other than Puckett...

My favorite Twins memory is the do-or-die Game 5 Twins @ A's.

Radke vs Mulder.

I'll never forget the announcer pre-game. "Radke's tough, Mulder's tough."

Ohtani might be more valuable as a hitter only. He's putting up incredible numbers so far. Unfortunately it's hard to cheer for him now that he's with the Dodgers.

Cloverdale should craft a special carrying case for this. And give MN a big NIL donation for the free publicity.

Ohtani might be more valuable as a hitter only. He's putting up incredible numbers so far. Unfortunately it's hard to cheer for him now that he's with the Dodgers.

May well win the MVP in both leagues.
Who’s currently the only player on that list?
Thus shouldn’t require googling

Typical Rocco overmanaging. Sands has a quick, effective inning, but God forbid he come out for a second inning.

Also why can’t Cole Sands get the 6th and 7th vs. forcing the 8th and 9th out of Alcala. The Twins don’t like Alcala and treat him let a rented muke m, but he’s the guy you want to get two innings out of. Seems like giving Sands the 6th and 7th and then asking Alcala to get the 9th makes more sense. But what the heck I have the wolves to worry about.

Is that really not an error on Austin Martin. It was a fly ball that could have been caught by leaning against the wall.

I just don’t understand what part of the Alcala’s history makes you think he can go two innings. If in Alcala I want out of this organization in the worst way. They treat him terribly, expect him to do things no one else is expected to do outside of Duran. Alcala’s reward for this will be a send down to triple A.

I wonder who will get sent down for Topa tomorrow? LOL, they just decided to give up here. Pathetic.

the game turned when Jackson couldn't get anyone out, and then Okert came in and hung a belt-high slider that turned into a Grand Slam. neither of those guys have great stuff and they can't throw strikes.

Twins were not going to use Duran, Jax or Thielbar tonight. with Stewart out, there is a big gap in the 'Pen. Jackson and Okert are journeymen at best. I am not an Alcala fan, but agree that asking him for 2 innings was a gamble. They needed Ober to go at least 6 innings and he couldn't do it.

had to look up to see what happened to Josh Staumont - who the Twins picked up in the off-season. he started the season on the IL and has made 8 appearances at St. Paul with so-so results. 16 K in 10.2 IP but allowed 5 ER. looks like Josh Winder is on a rehab assignment.......oh, joy.

If Varland is throwing well, I'd tell him, "sorry, you're going in the 'Pen" and bring him back up as a reliever.

Ober had retired 8 batters in a row. It's not fair to say he "couldn't" go six innings. The manager decided that he had reached an arbitrary number of pitches and was done for the night. The manager also decided with a two-run lead, that he needed to pull the #1 and #2 batters for pinch hitters in the fifth inning. Let your best players play. Way too worried about "the matchups".

Last edited:

Top Bottom