All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

See post 509. Im just coming at it from that perspective. May think differently a year or five years from now.

I don’t know enough about how their rotation performed last year or what they have in their pipeline for future SP to give an informed answer.

I do think a trade can be a win-win, although it doesn’t happen often.

Last edited:

If the Marlins could reverse the trade today, do you think they would?
They'd probably want to give us Sandy Alcantara instead. And we'd be disappointed. Imagine that a year ago. Too early to declare a winner/lower IMO.

according to Dan Hayes of The Athletic:

Royce Lewis' quad strain is significant. the Twins are sitting him at least one month, then will be evaluated again.

DeSclafani had flexor tendon surgery Friday. out for at least 13 months.

Lewis has now had two significant injuries just routinely running the bases since last July. As a 23/24 year old.

And you all think I was crazy stating we should have traded him while is value is high.

His talent is undeniable, but he's just never going to stay healthy. It's sad, but he's far more fragile than Buxton at this point.

Take advantage and sign Lewis to a Buxton like extension... 6 years $70 million.

Lewis has now had two significant injuries just routinely running the bases since last July. As a 23/24 year old.

And you all think I was crazy stating we should have traded him while is value is high.

His talent is undeniable, but he's just never going to stay healthy. It's sad, but he's far more fragile than Buxton at this point.
I've speculated on this but don't think there is hard data. I think players today have more strains and pulls and I can't help but think it's related to all the weight training. Don't think Stan Musiel ever pulled a muscle running. Maybe just more and better reporting.

Any kinesiologists out there that can agree or refute hypothesis?

I've speculated on this but don't think there is hard data. I think players today have more strains and pulls and I can't help but think it's related to all the weight training. Don't think Stan Musiel ever pulled a muscle running. Maybe just more and better reporting.

Any kinesiologists out there that can agree or refute hypothesis?
Sounds like he was working his lower body too.

He’s making $750K this year. And as long as he continues to produce when he plays his value will remain high.

It’s still way too early to determine this will continue the rest of his career IMO.

He’s making $750K this year. And as long as he continues to produce when he plays his value will remain high.

It’s still way too early to determine this will continue the rest of his career IMO.

I’ve been saying it about Buxton for years and it is the truth. Players who go through so many injuries at such a young age don’t suddenly get healthier as they age.

It doesn’t matter if they produce when they are healthy because they are healthy so rarely. It’s not too early, he can’t even run the bases without injuring himself and it has happened several times already.

I’ve been saying it about Buxton for years and it is the truth. Players who go through so many injuries at such a young age don’t suddenly get healthier as they age.

It doesn’t matter if they produce when they are healthy because they are healthy so rarely. It’s not too early, he can’t even run the bases without injuring himself and it has happened several times already.
Either way, with his contract and how well he does produce when healthy, I think he’s still worth keeping over getting rid of. If he comes back and plays 80-100 games while still playing well, I don’t think his value dropped at all compared to this last offseason.

Joe Cool looks smooth, he also looks like he’s tweaked his delivery by extending his arms over his head to gently start his motion - homage to old school windup

Either way, with his contract and how well he does produce when healthy, I think he’s still worth keeping over getting rid of. If he comes back and plays 80-100 games while still playing well, I don’t think his value dropped at all compared to this last offseason.

Great post.

I’ll post later this week any how his production last season was at a historic level; no it’s not my usual hyperbole, it’s data that puts his rookie season at truly elite levels.

Garcia, Royals 3rd sacker. With an elite play to rob Jeffers of an extra base hut and the Twins of a run in the season.

Royals got their left side of their infield for the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:

He hasn't played that many games in 5 years, and it'll likely be 6 after this season. The Twins have several top prospects who can play that position. They'll need to alleviate that log jam at some point.

Planning around Buxton missing half of the season every year is bad enough. Needing to do it for two players is even worse.

What the Buck!

4 run 9th and Buck seals it with a two run double (2-4, 2 DBs & 3 Ribeyes), after Vazquez gets the GWRBI

Last edited:

I wonder what the quickest in a game a guy has gotten the cycle. Witt is a double short of the cycle in the 3rd inning.

The twins getting 3 hits and 10 k’s against a bad Brady Singer is less than ideal. I know Ober was terrible, but the offense no showed too.

Top Bottom