All Things 2024 Gophers Football Fall Camp Updates Thread (Tweets, Videos, Etc)

Wow, those graphics of Defensive stats at the end were mind blowing, going from a Top 10 D in 2021 and 2022 to mid 60's last year, I didn't realize the drop off was that much.

Wow, those graphics of Defensive stats at the end were mind blowing, going from a Top 10 D in 2021 and 2022 to mid 60's last year, I didn't realize the drop off was that much.

That.

Does anyone know what to expect from the defense this season?

Probably back up to normal, probably. Probably pretty strong. Probably.

Defensive backs were puzzling last season, not sure if that's settled.

People here have talked about linebackers, defensive line... and yet nobody really knows.

That.

Does anyone know what to expect from the defense this season?

Probably back up to normal, probably. Probably pretty strong. Probably.

Defensive backs were puzzling last season, not sure if that's settled.

People here have talked about linebackers, defensive line... and yet nobody really knows.
Part of it was not having Lindenberg for a good part of the year, but I agree, the play of the DBs which is usually a strength was off

Part of it was not having Lindenberg for a good part of the year, but I agree, the play of the DBs which is usually a strength was off
Yep and I assumed Rossi would figure it out because he had always done so before. So either our talent was really that awful or Rossi wasn't as much of a genius as we thought....or something in between.

Max Brosmer needs to stay healthy!

3Drake LindseyQB6' 5''2301 / 14 yearsFayetteville, Ark. / FayettevilleFr.
6Max ShikenjanskiQB6' 2''1852 / 24 yearsStillwater, Minn. / StillwaterR-Fr.
14Dylan WittkeQB6' 1''2052 / 14 yearsBuford, Ga. / BufordVirginia TechR-Fr.
16Max BrosmerQB6' 2''2256 / 11 yearRoswell, Ga. / CentennialNew HampshireGr.
21Jeremiah FinalyQB6' 0''1851 / 14 yearsLos Alamitos, Calif. / Crean LutheranFr.

A feisty mood​

Tuesday’s practice, under sunny skies and 75 degrees, featured an intensity from both the offense and defense that was ramped up from what was on display during Saturday night’s open practice. There were a couple of skirmishes during 11-on-11 drills and some talk going back and forth between the offense and defense.

“It’s just battles, and a lot of tension going on,” defensive end Jah Joyner said. “We’re just trying to do each other better, stuff like that.”

Fleck, frustrated when two offensive players were in motion when the ball was snapped, stopped a drill for a teaching moment. He explained one of the differences between American and Canadian football, which allows two or more backfield players to be in motion toward the line of scrimmage before the snap.

“It’s not Canada,” the coach said. “As much as we want it to be Canada — at times — it is not.”

Go Gophers!!

Yep. In 2022, we held 9 teams under 20 points and gave up over 30 only once.

In 2023, we held 4 teams under 20 and gave up over 30 points five times.

Top Bottom