All Things 2024 Daniel Freitag Recruitment Thread (Gophers Have Offered)

I would imagine the roster that's being built here would look awfully good to point guard. Hopefully, we're in a good position for Freitag and/or Asuma...
Seems like we are more invested in Asuma right now. Those 2 are priority in state. I like Robison as well but beyond that the in state class will be mostly mid majors

Well this looks promising :confused:

Dual-sport star Daniel Freitag weighing his options​

IN HIS OWN WORDS​

Programs involved:Wisconsin, Virginia and Kansas.”

Wisconsin: “Wisconsin is leading the pack in terms of contacting me the most and mailing me the most. I like the approach they’re taking, they’re making it not so overwhelming, but they’re making it evident that they want me without being super ‘in my face’. It’s been great, how comfortable they’ve made me feel while I’ve been on campus.”

Virginia: “I recently got the offer, so contact has been kind of limited in terms of the duration of it, but they’ve been great to me. They came to my school before school started when I was getting some shots up, just to talk, meet me, and things of that nature. I’ve enjoyed coach (Kyle) Getter a ton, and when I got on the Zoom call with coach (Tony) Bennett, it was electric and I could feel a connection between us, too. I feel like everything is really real there, you know? I feel like it’s a great program and I have a lot of respect for that staff.”

Kansas: “I haven’t been able to go out there or anything of that nature, I’ve just been in contact with one of their assistant coaches, so I can’t say much, but I can appreciate it as much as me and him are talking.”

Football offers: “Minnesota, my hometown. I had contact with Wisconsin but that’s dialed down a little bit. I’m in contact with North Dakota State, Kansas State quite a bit, and Northwestern.”

Choosing a sport: “I’m really not sure, it’s a weird situation to be in and I know a lot of people aren’t in it, so there’s not a lot of people that I can go to about that decision. It comes down to opportunity, and I’m up for playing either or both. It’s just about if this football team is treating me like I can really make an impact and get to where I’m trying to go with them, then I’ll choose football. If this basketball team has this plan for me and I like what I’m hearing, I’ll choose basketball. I’m not biased towards either, I’ll just compare the programs from each sport that are showing me an opportunity that I could have there.”

Upcoming basketball visit plans: “We don’t have any coming up with an actual scheduled date, although we are for sure planning to get down to Nebraska and Iowa for unofficials and we are trying to find a date for my Wisconsin official which was rescheduled.”

*****​

RIVALS' REACTION​

Look for Freitag to get more and more recognition for schools as he begins his basketball season here shortly. Wisconsin and Virginia are the early leaders and are doing a great job of recruiting the talented guard, but there will be many more schools enter the race this winter.

Go Gophers!!

Not going there any other there most be some huge red flags but apparently it’s not bothering Wisconsin or Virginia?

The next Jordan Taylor? Did he cool on us like Taison did? Or are there legit red flags?

If Wisconsin gets Freitag, it would be a first.

They've never pulled a recruit that highly rated out of MN. And they've never pulled a Top-150 non-white recruit out of MN.

If Wisconsin gets Freitag, it would be a first.

They've never pulled a recruit that highly rated out of MN. And they've never pulled a Top-150 non-white recruit out of MN.

He was literally mentioned in the post above you, Jordan Taylor. 4* recruit, 109 nationally.

They weren't quite as high as Freitag who's currently 53rd, but Reuvers was ranked 66th nationally, Leuer 81st, and Berggen was 85th, all 4*s from MN.

Well this looks promising :confused:

Dual-sport star Daniel Freitag weighing his options​

IN HIS OWN WORDS​

Programs involved:Wisconsin, Virginia and Kansas.”

Wisconsin: “Wisconsin is leading the pack in terms of contacting me the most and mailing me the most. I like the approach they’re taking, they’re making it not so overwhelming, but they’re making it evident that they want me without being super ‘in my face’. It’s been great, how comfortable they’ve made me feel while I’ve been on campus.”

Virginia: “I recently got the offer, so contact has been kind of limited in terms of the duration of it, but they’ve been great to me. They came to my school before school started when I was getting some shots up, just to talk, meet me, and things of that nature. I’ve enjoyed coach (Kyle) Getter a ton, and when I got on the Zoom call with coach (Tony) Bennett, it was electric and I could feel a connection between us, too. I feel like everything is really real there, you know? I feel like it’s a great program and I have a lot of respect for that staff.”

Kansas: “I haven’t been able to go out there or anything of that nature, I’ve just been in contact with one of their assistant coaches, so I can’t say much, but I can appreciate it as much as me and him are talking.”

Football offers: “Minnesota, my hometown. I had contact with Wisconsin but that’s dialed down a little bit. I’m in contact with North Dakota State, Kansas State quite a bit, and Northwestern.”

Choosing a sport: “I’m really not sure, it’s a weird situation to be in and I know a lot of people aren’t in it, so there’s not a lot of people that I can go to about that decision. It comes down to opportunity, and I’m up for playing either or both. It’s just about if this football team is treating me like I can really make an impact and get to where I’m trying to go with them, then I’ll choose football. If this basketball team has this plan for me and I like what I’m hearing, I’ll choose basketball. I’m not biased towards either, I’ll just compare the programs from each sport that are showing me an opportunity that I could have there.”

Upcoming basketball visit plans: “We don’t have any coming up with an actual scheduled date, although we are for sure planning to get down to Nebraska and Iowa for unofficials and we are trying to find a date for my Wisconsin official which was rescheduled.”

*****​

RIVALS' REACTION​

Look for Freitag to get more and more recognition for schools as he begins his basketball season here shortly. Wisconsin and Virginia are the early leaders and are doing a great job of recruiting the talented guard, but there will be many more schools enter the race this winter.

Go Gophers!!

Maybe coach Ben likes Issac more than Maytag and feels he’s a better fit.

He was literally mentioned in the post above you, Jordan Taylor. 4* recruit, 109 nationally.

They weren't quite as high as Freitag who's currently 53rd, but Reuvers was ranked 66th nationally, Leuer 81st, and Berggen was 85th, all 4*s from MN.
For MNJay, Jordan Taylor doesn't count. He has made that abundantly clear!

"Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer !!!!!!!"

That was 15 years ago. But we're never going to hear the end of it.

I guess I have to say "with the exception of Taylor and Leuer" in every single post.

Other than Taylor (ok, he was rated #109) in this case, my point stands. (Leuer is for NBA career.)

"Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer Taylor Leuer !!!!!!!"

That was 15 years ago. But we're never going to hear the end of it.

I guess I have to say "with the exception of Taylor and Leuer" in every single post.

Other than Taylor (ok, he was rated #109) in this case, my point stands. (Leuer is for NBA career.)

Right....your point totally stands, except for this exception, and that exception, and another exception over there....

Stop making shit up

Could he play both sports here?

You think that mn jay is me? Oh. Brother

Well played for a Booger Eater.
You can rant and rave as MNJay, thus avoiding a lengthier ban as Spaulding for a second offense.
Even Stevie Wonder can see what fate awaits MNJay histrionics.

Could it be that Johnson & company like Asuma just as much, and think they have a better shot at getting him? Especially since Freitag doesn't even know which sport he is going to play? Therefore makes sense to not spend as much time on him.

Well played for a Booger Eater.
You can rant and rave as MNJay, thus avoiding a lengthier ban as Spaulding for a second offense.
Even Stevie Wonder can see what fate awaits MNJay histrionics.
I've never been on this board before.

But if I'm labeled as a troll for sticking up for the truth against Badger propaganda...what does that tell you? The infestation is worse than we thought.

I've never been on this board before.

But if I'm labeled as a troll for sticking up for the truth against Badger propaganda...what does that tell you? The infestation is worse than we thought.

Thanks goodness we have you on the case😉

Remember it could always be worse -

People giving you good natured grief is part of this, especially if you’re a self appointed board monitor; you can roll with it or let it bother you - your call.

Was wearing Wisconsin shorts yesterday in a game vs the Rebels, Champlain Park?

Why are we not following this kid 24/7?? Yes I know there are other threads. He must have told our coaches to back off?? Any updates?

Saw him play the other night vs Edina. Scored 30 I think very athletic, handles the ball well, sees the floor, plays with toughness on offense and defense. His outside shooting needs work. He made a few shots outside but not a consistent threat from there.

Top Bottom