All things 2023 World Juniors

Cooley has been really good in the world juniors. Here’s hoping he comes back and that first line leads Minnesota to a national championship in April.

IMO Cooley has lived up to all the hype in his first 1/2 season as a gopher.

Most points in a WJC by Gophers:
13 (7+6) - Logan Cooley - 6+GP - 2023
12 (5+7) - Jimmy Snuggerud - 6+GP - 2023
12 (6+6) - Trent Klatt - 7GP - 1991
11 (3+8) - Jordan Schroeder - 6GP - 2009
11 (4+7) - Casey Mittelstadt - 7GP - 2018
11 (1+10) - Phil Kessel - 7GP - 2006

Really special pair of freshmen on the Gophers this year.

IMO Cooley has lived up to all the hype in his first 1/2 season as a gopher.
I disagree. Close but not quite as dominant as he could have been. But after this WJC performance I expect him to dominate a lot more in the second half which is when it really matters. Very similar to the Mittelstadt season but everything at a higher level (better first half, better WJC, probably much better second half). He's definitely gone after this year.

13 (7+6) - Logan Cooley - 6+GP - 2023
13 (5+8) - Jimmy Snuggerud - 6+GP - 2023

I disagree. Close but not quite as dominant as he could have been. But after this WJC performance I expect him to dominate a lot more in the second half which is when it really matters. Very similar to the Mittelstadt season but everything at a higher level (better first half, better WJC, probably much better second half). He's definitely gone after this year.
He's a top 10 scorer in the country as an 18 year old playing one of the toughest schedules in the country, I'm not sure what you expected. I would even argue he was pretty snakebit for the first 10ish games of the year before he really turned it on. My only complaint about him early on was that he passed up some good opportunities to shoot and was too pass-happy.

Cooley and Snuggerud will be glad to be back playing in front of the Gopher D unit.

14 (7+7) - Logan Cooley - 6+GP - 2023
13 (5+8) - Jimmy Snuggerud - 6+GP - 2023

These guys are unbelievable.

9 goals scored in the second period. Absolutely crazy 20 minutes. Swedes now up 6-5 with 14 minutes to go

I think Cooley and Snuggerud are (rightfully) tired after so many minutes played in like 11 days. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see those two sit out the Saturday game.

No way they take this goal away. Right?

And the Swedes tie it up with 21 seconds left

3 on 3 should be Cooley and Hughes (+Snuggy) time.

Of course the disowned Gopher gets the hatty winner lol

He hasn't been the same this year in college and at the WJC. He clearly has one foot out the door. He won't win the Hobey, which he was favorite for pre-season.

Lucius was absolutely nowhere tonight. Sucks to run into a good goalie in a one and done. Praying the same doesn't happen to the Gophers.
I’m still bitter that he was named big ten freshman of the year over Knies.

Top Bottom