All things 2023 World Juniors

1-0 USA. Logan Cooley goal after a won faceoff and a giant rebound. Huge for the USA to play with the league.

The first 10 minutes could not have gone better. The USA’s speed up front is more than the Canadian D can handle right now. They are forcing mistakes and winning a lot of puck battles right now just with speed.

2-0 USA after a Kenny Conners rebound goal.

And now it’s 4 straight for Canada. Just living in front of the US goal.

So glad when this will be done so tired of having to listen to this bull shit Canadian crowd.

Joke of a call on goalie interference. Should be 3-3.
Actually it was the right call now that I looked it up.
IIHF rules made that play a crease violation. If the puck exits the crease the opposing player in the crease must also exit. Watch the replay and you will see that he did not.

Actually it was the right call now that I looked it up.
IIHF rules made that play a crease violation. If the puck exits the crease the opposing player in the crease must also exit. Watch the replay and you will see that he did not.
He had the puck. Does his having the puck not have anything to goalie interference?

Then I gotta know how this goal is gonna stand.

USA might as well just give up playing in the IIHF based on how shitty this goalie interference nonsense is.

This team gave its all and the ref made sure that it didn’t matter. They out played Canada for long stretches of the game. Can only hope now that Canada has two goals called off for interference and they lose to Czechia tomorrow night.

Luke Hughes is the most overhyped hockey player in America. Guy is a slightly more talented version of Jackson Lacombe and people act like he’s Bobby Orr.

Luke Hughes is the most overhyped hockey player in America. Guy is a slightly more talented version of Jackson Lacombe and people act like he’s Bobby Orr.
Doesn’t he play for Michigan? That bumps players up a notch or two.

Tying up your man in front of the net is apparently not the strength of USA defensemen.

He hasn't been the same this year in college and at the WJC. He clearly has one foot out the door. He won't win the Hobey, which he was favorite for pre-season.

Lucius was absolutely nowhere tonight. Sucks to run into a good goalie in a one and done. Praying the same doesn't happen to the Gophers.

Tying up your man in front of the net is apparently not the strength of USA defensemen.
That was never going to be a strength of this team. It was always gonna be about their team speed and pressing the other teams d crop. They were always going to be susceptible to being pinned in their zone, but that really didn’t happen tonight. Goals off of defensive zone faceoff losses and rushes.

That was never going to be a strength of this team. It was always gonna be about their team speed and pressing the other teams d crop. They were always going to be susceptible to being pinned in their zone, but that really didn’t happen tonight. Goals off of defensive zone faceoff losses and rushes.
Goals didn't come off being pinned in the zone, but our D didn't pick up their man driving the net well enough on the rush either.

Goals didn't come off being pinned in the zone, but our D didn't pick up their man driving the net well enough on the rush either.
This. I think it was the fourth goal where there were 3 USA jerseys in front of our net and one Canadien jersey. Yep all 3 left him unattended. There were 2 other similar occasions that also led to goals

I love it. Not sure why it has to be Detroit. Can Minneapolis and St. Paul not get along well enough to host this thing? I would think they could use Marricui or the Tria Rink.

I love it. Not sure why it has to be Detroit. Can Minneapolis and St. Paul not get along well enough to host this thing? I would think they could use Marricui or the Tria Rink.
I’ll take Detroit, only an hr up the road for me. Couldn’t watch this yr as our cable company removed the NHL network from our system.

I don't read that as necessarily meaning it's a joint bid with Detroit. Minnesota could obviously handle it all easily.

This. I think it was the fourth goal where there were 3 USA jerseys in front of our net and one Canadien jersey. Yep all 3 left him unattended. There were 2 other similar occasions that also led to goals
It's amazing how, even at the highest levels of hockey, big games can turn on the kind of things that coaches try to drill in since youth. "Pick up your man." "Be sure at blue line." "Don't get caught puck watching." "Keep your feet moving." Etc.

Between Xcel, Mariucci, Ridder, and Target Center if needed, MSP should be able to host without Detroit's help.

No to Target Center. Not necessary either

Top Bottom