All things 2023 World Juniors

They took out care of the US this summer in the 2022 world juniors. That’s what scares me about the US, they are small. Their D core is small and as great as Luke Hughes is he is not exactly shutdown D right now. They need to rely on an unrelenting hint of pucks as they are not going to out physical many teams along the boards.
I didn't realize Spacek from the Czechs is a Wild prospect. I was impressed with his game. Felt like I heard the announcers calling his name all night.

USA down 4-2 and now just got a 5 minute major and a game. Stupid

I am very tired of seeing Luke Hughes. The guy is a huge defensive liability. He might be a great NHLer but right now he is way to focused on offense. This is exactly the type of game the US was gonna lose.

Call me a homer but despite how insanely talented Hughes is, I’ll take Faber on my team over him all day

Not a great loss, but does nothing to disqualify them from winning the group. They are still the heavy favorites, but now they need to beat a tough Swiss team tomorrow.

The goal is to win the tournament, not the pool, so everything is still in front of them. That said, yikes.

Canada vs Sweden

USA vs Finland

All on December 31st. Gonna be a great day of hockey.

With where the Czechs are the US needs to win their side of the pool cause you don’t wanna risk being 2nd in the pool and having to play either Canada or Sweden in a knock out game.

Canada vs Sweden

USA vs Finland

All on December 31st. Gonna be a great day of hockey.

With where the Czechs are the US needs to win their side of the pool cause you don’t wanna risk being 2nd in the pool and having to play either Canada or Sweden in a knock out game.
Don't know that I'm wild about running into the Czechs either.

Don't know that I'm wild about running into the Czechs either.
You’re gonna play someone tough regardless. So I would rather face the Czech’s than the Sweed’s or the Canadian’s. The US was fortunate to be placed in this pool for pool play, but it just means a the crossover game is going to be tougher.

You’re gonna play someone tough regardless. So I would rather face the Czech’s than the Sweed’s or the Canadian’s. The US was fortunate to be placed in this pool for pool play, but it just means a the crossover game is going to be tougher.
Definitely going to be a tough path no matter what, would be great to get Germany/Austria. As it's shaping up, if the Czechs beat the Germans, then Sweden or Canada will be the three seed and even the two seed out of our pool will play one of them.

Definitely going to be a tough path no matter what, would be great to get Germany/Austria. As it's shaping up, if the Czechs beat the Germans, then Sweden or Canada will be the three seed and even the two seed out of our pool will play one of them.
Correct the US needs to win their pool which basically means beating Finland tomorrow. Between that game and the Swede Canada game tomorrow will be really good.

Correct the US needs to win their pool which basically means beating Finland tomorrow. Between that game and the Swede Canada game tomorrow will be really good.
Yep. Though even if we win, I think if Slovakia beats Latvia and the Swiss in regulation, they would get the one seed. So we need a little help.

US got help in a big way with the Swiss beating Slovakia in a shootout. Beat Finland and you’re the top of the group.

Any sort of result from Czech today against Germany and Canada can not finish any better than second in the pool.

US got help in a big way with the Swiss beating Slovakia in a shootout. Beat Finland and you’re the top of the group.

Any sort of result from Czech today against Germany and Canada can not finish any better than second in the pool.
Czechs win today and now are Canadien fans. Canada wins Czechs win their pool
USA up 3-1 on the Finns in the second

Good game and solid win. Gophers for team USA doing very well.

What do you say about an undrafted Luke Middlestead making the team and playing well.

Go Swede’s tonight.

US up 4-0 on Germany 9 minutes in. Cooley and Snuggerud with the first two goals. Looks like after a slow first couple games this team is coming together and will contend for gold.

Canada and Slovakia tied at 3 with 8 to go. Canada wildly out shooting them, but that doesn’t matter. Slovakia dominating in the face off circle.

Really bad penalty by Slovakia at the end of regulation to give the Canadians a power play. Some how they survived it. Back to 3-3.

I’ll say one thing Duluth is getting a heck of a goalie in Adam Gajan. The guy has been amazing tonight win or lose.

Guy from Slovakia panics with the puck fails to clear the zone and Bedard undresses all 4 guys to score the game winner.

Bring on Canada and the USA Wednesday night at 5:30pm I assume.

Top Bottom