All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

lot more good at-bats tonight. will see what happens with Buxton.

Larnach with a slide at home plate that he will never live down.......

Hopefully there's good news on Buxton but there rarely is. Glad we "protected" him by not playing him in the field.

Have to stop using Jax in high leverage spots for a bit. Desperately need Thielbar back ASAP.

Angels sweep incoming. Tigers in first by Tuesday.

Twins still 3.5 games in front
🤦‍♂️

Keep swinging DoomsdayDamus, you’ll get it right one of the series🤓

How many times on this road trip have opponent batters gotten an extra strike due to a bad call that’s resulted in a hit? Ridiculous.

Tie game and the bases loaded with one out. Try stealing home?

That at-bat by Jeffers was atrocious. Swings at a pitch way outside after the guy just walked someone and then watched a fastball just off the edge.

It’s not bad luck. It’s terrible situational hitting.

Close game. Hitters respond by leaving the bases loaded and bullpen responds by immediately allowing runs. Game over.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Starting pitchers deserve much better.

This bullpen usage is just crazy. 2 days ago De Leon couldn’t be trusted to pitch with two on and 2 outs so they had to bring pagan in. Now he’s being trusted to pitch with a guy in third and two outs. I just don’t understand it.

This is an incredibly frustrating baseball team. The roster appeared to be very durably constructed, yet it's the usual muscle tightness=gone for 60-90 days. Like most MN teams this roster is designed to come close.

How many times can they fail with the bases loaded? How many double plays can they hit into?

They should be a dozen games over .500. It's the usual four starters down, two starting pitchers down, Buxton down. Unbelievable.

Just read what I wrote. I could be kg21's ghost writer.

This is an incredibly frustrating baseball team. The roster appeared to be very durably constructed, yet it's the usual muscle tightness=gone for 60-90 days. Like most MN teams this roster is designed to come close.

How many times can they fail with the bases loaded? How many double plays can they hit into?

They should be a dozen games over .500. It's the usual four starters down, two starting pitchers down, Buxton down. Unbelievable.

Just read what I wrote. I could be kg21's ghost writer.

I keep thinking we are going to put it together but seems like always two steps forward and two steps back.
Maybe this is who we are? Excellent rotation (2nd best in AL after TB?) but a below average hitting and below average bullpen team.
What makes it so frustrating is the division is there for the taking.

Last edited:

I keep thinking we are going to put it together but seems like always two steps forward and two steps back.
Maybe this is who we are? Excellent rotation (2nd best in AL after TB?) but a below average hitting and below average bullpen team.
What makes it so frustrating is the division is there for the taking.
Yup. Terrible division. I can see the Twins' season mirroring the Timberwolves' season. The whole season will be a tease, with the end result being something like 82-80. A second place finish a game or two behind Cleveland. Baldelli fired.

The fact that they constantly hit with their hands around their throat with the bases loaded doesn't lend much confidence that they'll win a play-off game if they get there. 0-21 here we come!

The fact that they constantly hit with their hands around their throat with the bases loaded doesn't lend much confidence that they'll win a play-off game if they get there. 0-21 here we come!
You are being overly fatalistic. ;)

The losing streak is at 18 and the Twins are unlikely to be in the Top 2 of the AL Division Winners. They currently are 4.5 games behind the Rangers. That would put them in the Wild Card round which is Best of 3, so the futility run is not expected to get past 20.

Until next year.

The thing that drives me nuts about the based loaded failures is that there are several instances where the pitcher has walked the bases full and the Twins will swing at the first or second pitch more often than not. There's at least five ways you can score with the bases full, the pitcher has no place to put you. Make him get you out.

The thing that drives me nuts about the based loaded failures is that there are several instances where the pitcher has walked the bases full and the Twins will swing at the first or second pitch more often than not. There's at least five ways you can score with the bases full, the pitcher has no place to put you. Make him get you out.
I'd even settle for a SAC Fly here and there. The whiff rate seems amazing.

Giants at Target Field tonight is being shown on FS1. Should be good news for those who can't watch the Twins on Bally Sports North. Starts at 6:40pm.

Giants at Target Field tonight is being shown on FS1. Should be good news for those who can't watch the Twins on Bally Sports North. Starts at 6:40pm.
Ah, just a couple of minutes in and...............Bleep me!

By the way Vasquez is not much better behind the plate then Sanchez one. The number of dropped third strikes, not caught fouls, and lack of throwing out runners is not impressive. Add that with his lack of hitting and it’s not good. I know it’s early, but that 3 years and 30million is not looking gray right now.

Top Bottom