All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

My Raiders/Cowboys parlay hit. Thanks Nathaniel Hackett. Enjoy your firing.

Good thing the Vikings are not in the NFC East, probably would finish no better than 3rd, perhaps worse.

However the Purple still have a 2 game lead for the #2 Seed in the NFC. There's your ray of hope for the weekend.

But back to the topic at hand:

..... it can't be that Darrisaw gets hurt .... and then the entire thing comes tumbling down like a house of cards ..... can it??

One player?

Dalvin Tomlinson missing probably hurts too.

Booth Jr reminds me of Mack Alexander. Same school

12-5 will still likely be good for the #2 seed. This game likely means nothing.

But back to the topic at hand:

..... it can't be that Darrisaw gets hurt .... and then the entire thing comes tumbling down like a house of cards ..... can it??

One player?

Dalvin Tomlinson missing probably hurts too.

Booth Jr reminds me of Mack Alexander. Same school
Booth Jr did not play well, but I'm not ready to judge him yet. But down our 2nd and 3rd CB's against a good passing team was not good. And Brendl trying to block Parsons was just a disaster. Not that Darrisaw was doing much better. We would have lost in any event, but with Dantzler and Darrisaw it's probably something like the Eagles game and not an epic disaster.

OK neat ... so you're saying one 3-40 loss negates a bunch of close wins?
It shows the Vikings are very overrated. Point differential is heavily correlated with how good a team is. The Vikings are 8-2, butnare closer to a .500 team in terms of ability. They're not going to achieve much beyond winning the division.

Each game/week is almost completely independent from any other.

There is probably some 4-7 team that has more points. Good for them

apparently after the game, O'Connell said Darrisaw will NOT play Thursday.

I am imagining Bill Belichick watching the film of this game and drooling as he schemes to go after the Vikes' O-Line.

expect every stunt, twist and gimmick known to man.

I am imagining Bill Belichick watching the film of this game and drooling as he schemes to go after the Vikes' O-Line.

Why would you need to stunt or twist, when any NFL starter can go around Brandl like he isn't there??

Just straight rush 4 and ... yikes.

Is there a chance Darrisaw was rushed back and could be done for the year?

This would be the most Vikings ever. Go from 8-1 to 8-8 because your starting LT goes out for the year.

Judon against this o-line sans darrisaw has a chance to ruin my thanksgiving.

The difference is the Pats don’t really have the ability to pile on points like the Cowboys. Even if the OL is getting rag-dolled in pass pro, the score should hopefully be low enough that they will be able to continually run, which they were doing at least competently today before they had to completely abandon it.

Always unlikely to get an injured guy back on a short week, especially a concussion. Hopefully he's back in two weeks

Is there any possible way we can pick up someone who can actually play tackle?

Would we consider moving O'Neil to LT?

Play rookie Vederian Lowe (6th round from Illinois)? Can he possibly be worse than Brandl?

Top Bottom