All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

2009 - Eric Bienemy got us good with 12 men. I will say that Favres ankle was about to fall off, so I didnt mind him not going for it, but he did miss a wide open Berrian.
Yes 3 other options better than throwing across his body midfield:

- Berrian in the flat
- Run/crawl 5 yards (to get back the penalty yardage)
- Chuck it incomplete

D'oh.

Who knows?

Maybe this is the year that everything breaks right. I mean, it's possible.

the key is staying healthy. Vikes were very healthy through the first 7 games. Now, you have Tomlinson out, Dantzler on IR, Z'Darius getting a little banged up, Evans with a concussion, Hockenson got banged up some, etc.

all comes down to which team is the healthiest when the playoffs start. after that, if you catch a couple of breaks, I could see this team making it to the Super Bowl.

I've sat through all 4 Super Bowl losses, so I guess I can sit through another try.

It's not a "true" emotional gut punch unless it's an NFC Championship failure...

- 1987 Nelson drops the ball.
- 1998 Anderson missed FG.
- 2000 Go into the Meadowlands a slight favorite. 41 - Donut.
- 2009 12 men in the huddle. Geez, just scamper for a few yards #4.
- 2017 Lose to Philly only to see them win the SB in their own crib.
- 2022 Space Reserved

So we’re due!!

Aaron Rodgers leads the #7 seed Packers who went 8-9, into US Bank Stadium and wins with a 14 point comeback in the 4th quarter.
Yeah, that would rank up there. I can almost envision the Hail Mary toss in my head. Dang, way too much Purple scar tissue.

For me it all began with a certain Staubach Hail Mary pass in 1975. The SB Losses to Miami & Pittsburgh sucked, but Cowboy hate started right then and there. So much that I wasn't even bothered that much by what happened in Lambeau this past Sunday.

Yes 3 other options better than throwing across his body midfield:

- Berrian in the flat
- Run/crawl 5 yards (to get back the penalty yardage)
- Chuck it incomplete

D'oh.
If he chucks it incomplete, we are punting. That's the part no one remembers. No way we try a field goal from that far out.

If he chucks it incomplete, we are punting. That's the part no one remembers. No way we try a field goal from that far out.
That would still be better, but I would say ZERO chance Vikes punt.

7 seconds left ball at NO 38, they attempt a Longwell 54 yd FG. If they miss Saints would have got the ball back at their own 44 with maybe a second or 2. Time for a Hail Mary, but that's it.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, just hearing the Vikings radio play-by-play voice makes me cringe.

Thankfully with SiriusXM, don't have to put up with it any longer on the rare occasion I can only listen to the game.

Between that, the non-TD on Kirk's keeper and not reviewing Gabe Davis' catch, we really overcame the refs big time yesterday.
Cousins was 100% not in and that call was correct. The refs were godawful and we got fucked by so many bad calls (which, funnily enough, all were bad in the Bills' favor - crazy how that works), but that was one they got right.

People don't believe.

To be fair, I believe more than last week, but I still don't fully believe. They're not really elite in any phase of the game.
The Cowboys aren't elite either though. If they were playing Buffalo, KC or Philly it would be understandable. Some of it is just their massive fan base and getting the $$ to come in even though.

I think that spread is factoring in that Darrisaw is probably 50/50 to play this week. Without Darrisaw, we could struggle.

This is spot on. I saw a stat somewhere that Rodgers is now 3-45 in his career in games they were down two or more scores in the 4th quarter. Cousins has 3 wins this season alone in situations like that.

Top Bottom