All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

A couple of others that are up there:

1981 - At San Diego executed an onside kick on the road. For some reason I think Terry Lecount had the game winning catch.

2009 - Favre rally over the 49ers at the HHH Dome.
Almost nailed it. Terry LeCount had the late TD, before an onside kick which led to a Rick Danmeier FG in 1981 over San Diego.

That Chargers team would go on to win the AFC West, beat the Dolphins in an epic at the Orange Bowl OT playoff game before falling to the Bengals in ungodly cold.

Between that, the non-TD on Kirk's keeper and not reviewing Gabe Davis' catch, we really overcame the refs big time yesterday.
I don't think Cousin's broke the plane. One of the calls they got right.

I'm shocked no one noticed this. Even if it's the Vikings staff, especially those up in the booth. Clearly it's on the refs first though and it's crazy that none of them noticed.
Without challenges available in OT (get a penalty for throwing the red flag) would the refs listen to the Coaches if they just scream it loud enough and/or take a Time Out? Maybe.

I think he did on 2nd effort before he was down.
I thought his shoulder was down before, but it's really a crapshoot as far as crossing the plane of the Goal Line. I'm only 51% sure. Could see the call going either way. Relying on QB sneak spot was something I brought up in the 4th & 1 decision to punt in the Gopher/Cornhusker debate.

They need to advance technology by putting a microchip in the footballs as well as using laser beams for scoring and first down plays. I thought by this decade that would be thing. The refs can't even use the yellow line for video help, though a moot point for the End Zone on that play yesterday.

Without challenges available in OT (get a penalty for throwing the red flag) would the refs listen to the Coaches if they just scream it loud enough and/or take a Time Out? Maybe.
I think there's a good chance they stop play to further look at it if the coaches are yelling about it.

They need to advance technology by putting a microchip in the footballs as well as using laser beams for scoring and first down plays. I thought by this decade that would be thing. The refs can't even use the yellow line for video help, though a moot point for the End Zone on that play yesterday.
So much this. I'm hardly an expert in the field but feel like there should be some kind of lazer down the line that's synced with tv where you can definitely say the ball is across the line or isn't at any time.

I think there's a good chance they stop play to further look at it if the coaches are yelling about it.

They were yelling l on the sidelines plenty; they need to change the system so the quick snap doesn’t prevent a proper replay- thus is an 8 billion dollar industry and shouldn’t require Elon to devise a solution.

Last edited:

Last time/first time in NFL history that this happened fumbling under a minute in the 4thQ for a recovered TD - The Miracle at the Meadowlands - IIRC this ushered in the genesis of The Victory Formation.

Run Herm Run!

They won't listen to the screaming, but a timeout would have given NY enough time to figure out it needed to be reviewed. They were supposed to have stopped the clock to review it regardless.

For all the people saying they should have called a timeout to review the Gabe Davis catch they were out of timeouts. They were forced to use their final timeout when Z. Smith got hurt the play before. Because of the clock they had to use a timeout for the injury.

The system needs to be changed especially when the clock has stopped as the play was out of bounds. I could forgive the replay if the pass was in bounds and they don’t want the clock to stop, but that was not the case here.

My complaint with all review in all levels and all sports is that if you don’t have a timeout and they review the play you are allowed to huddle as a team and draw up plays. That should not be allowed for any sport, the players should have to stay in the field of play and away from all coaches. The use of replay at the ends of games rewards teams without timeouts left and provides them with an advantage they should not get.

The fan base balloon been inflated. People are buying in and have hope.

Here comes the crushing deflation of the balloon.

The fan base balloon been inflated. People are buying in and have hope.

Here comes the crushing deflation of the balloon.
Nah. Any Viking fan who doesn't know better by now can only blame themselves. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, probably ending in a Divisional Round play-off loss.

Last edited:

Nah. Any Viking fan who doesn't no better by now can only blame themselves. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, probably ending in a Divisional Round play-off loss.
It's not a "true" emotional gut punch unless it's an NFC Championship failure...

- 1987 Nelson drops the ball.
- 1998 Anderson missed FG.
- 2000 Go into the Meadowlands a slight favorite. 41 - Donut.
- 2009 12 men in the huddle. Geez, just scamper for a few yards #4.
- 2017 Lose to Philly only to see them win the SB in their own crib.
- 2022 Space Reserved

It's not a "true" emotional gut punch unless it's an NFC Championship failure...

- 2022 Space Reserved
2009 - Eric Bienemy got us good with 12 men. I will say that Favres ankle was about to fall off, so I didnt mind him not going for it, but he did miss a wide open Berrian.

- 2022 Space Reserved Super Bowl Champions
Fixed!!

Top Bottom