All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Gotcha. Being a Minnesota sports fan my entire life I admit I was waiting for a gut wrenching defeat. Just maybe this is the year. Maybe
I've got one foot on the wagon step. Seen to many promising years go south to be totally on board.

The refs should be fired. They got the Gabe Davis catch wrong.

They also let Buffalo get away with 12 men on the field when the Vikings had 1st and Goal from the 2 in OT. The 12 were lined up and played in formation. It wasn't a matter of a player not making it off the field in time. It's hard to play goaline offense when you're outnumbered.

They also let Buffalo get away with 12 men on the field when the Vikings had 1st and Goal from the 2 in OT. The 12 were lined up and played in formation. It wasn't a matter of a player not making it off the field in time. It's hard to play goaline offense when you're outnumbered.
Horse collar tackle was brutal

Hockenson for offensive pass interference was a joke. Next play is a fist full of jersey on Hockenson and no call.

The other thing that bugs me is how Jefferson is just mugged weekly in the end zone. What does he need to do to get a call?

If they fired all the refs that make mistakes there would be none

It's ok to lose to the Bills on the road. It was expected.

However, it definitely shows this team is overrated.
Dw84ASW.png

Cannot believe he threw that but obviously glad he did
The play before that was a perfect dart into the end zone for the game winning TD ...... except some guy got on the plane, they found some mistake printed jersey called "Shelley", and then threw him out there at the last second!

I've got one foot on the wagon step. Seen to many promising years go south to be totally on board.
Enjoy it for what it is - damn good entertainment and a pleasant surprise to make the upcoming months more bearable

Last edited:

How do you know when it's finally okay to be totally on board? Will you wait until after they actually win the Super Bowl, or will you jump on board at some point before that?

I'm not baiting you. It's an honest question. I'm trying to understand.

The play before that was a perfect dart into the end zone for the game winning TD ...... except some guy got on the plane, they found some mistake printed jersey called "Shelley", and then threw him out there at the last second!
I was like who in the hell is that

Win a
How do you know when it's finally okay to be totally on board? Will you wait until after they actually win the Super Bowl, or will you jump on board at some point before that?

Playoff game.

When they win a playoff game.

Win a

Playoff game.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I have to admit, when it comes to the Vikings you and I aren't really much different. I have been following the purple this season, but not nearly as closely as I used to. If I miss part of a game, it doesn't really bother me.

Now, Gopher football — that's a different kettle of fish, for me. I am on board from the opening kickoff in game one, and I stay there — no matter what the record is.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I have to admit, when it comes to the Vikings you and I aren't really much different. I have been following the purple this season, but not nearly as closely as I used to. If I miss part of a game, it doesn't really bother me.

Now, Gopher football — that's a different kettle of fish, for me. I am on board from the opening kickoff in game one, and I stay there — no matter what the record is.
Gopher football and basketball have been my go to teams as long as I can remember.

If the refs on the field didn't catch it, I thought the replay refs had that responsibility (under 2 min & OT).

Seems like a top 5 Wildest Vikings game, along with the Mpls Miracle, the Rashad Hail Mary against Cleveland, the playoff comeback against The Giants under Denny Green and the game against the Eagles where Wade Wilson got pulled for poor play then came back in the 4th quarter and threw 3 TDs for the win.
A couple of others that are up there:

1981 - At San Diego executed an onside kick on the road. For some reason I think Terry Lecount had the game winning catch.

2009 - Favre rally over the 49ers at the HHH Dome.

Top Bottom