All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Correa has only played 3 games since returning. Him needing a day off at all is pretty ridiculous.
I won’t disagree with you at all. The same goes for Ryan needing to pitch 40 pitches in St. Paul as opposed to put icing for the twins. They are overt protective and over think everything they do. It’s just a fight I can’t fight anymore.

When they announced the Byron Buxton plan and said it hurts more for home to hit than it does to run then they proceed DH him 2 out of 5 games and they pitch hit him 2 days after that announcement.

Their line up when together is too 5 in baseball. They starters when healthy is top 10 or so. Their bullpen when healthy is bottom 10. If anything holds them back it will be the bullpen especially if the starters don’t start going 6 or 7 innings and throwing 100 pitches. When they don’t or are not allowed to you are asking too much from your weakest link, especially when the games are in a condensed season like this season.

Contact play on with one of the worst hitters in baseball up and one of the best on deck? I just don’t get it.

Apparently Rocco did tell some of the beat writers that Correa is feeling some after-effects from COVID, so it's more than just a "day off."

so the shortstop Gordon is hurt and can’t run. We bring in Buxton to run for some reason as opposed to brining in Correa who could simply stay in the game and play short. Now they need to make another move or move someone like Urshela to SS. That’s a questionable choice.

Their infield is so bad in the 9th inning with the exception of Urshela. Otherwise no one is where they should be. Polanco is not a SS, Arreaz is not a 2nd basemen, Miranda is a butcher at 1st base.

I am really surprised at the amount of second guessing and vitriol thrown around on here. The Twins have been decimated by injuries yet still have the 4th best record in the AL after over 1/3 of a season. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that we were in last place on pace for triple digit losses.

Apparently Rocco did tell some of the beat writers that Correa is feeling some after-effects from COVID, so it's more than just a "day off."

Ivan understand tomorrow as that would be their. Ormandy Sunday and if we win with them in the lineup today we take the series.

Or give one today and the other tomorrow, so you stagger their days off.
Today also was an afternoon game after a night game, so perhaps that was a factor.

It all worked out regardless.

The natives are getting restless on the south side.

They walked some guy the other night after pitching to him and getting 2 strikes on him. Fans were yelling that he had 2 strikes. The next guy hit a 3 run homer and they lost. Why do you pitch to him, get 2 strikes, then decide to walk him?

Sox and Cleveland were both us the last I knew today. I see they both lost. NICE

They walked some guy the other night after pitching to him and getting 2 strikes on him. Fans were yelling that he had 2 strikes. The next guy hit a 3 run homer and they lost. Why do you pitch to him, get 2 strikes, then decide to walk him?

Sox and Cleveland were both us the last I knew today. I see they both lost. NICE
The first 3 pitches 1st base was occupied, then the runner advanced on a ball that got away from the catcher.

Still beyond stupid for the "genius" La Russa.

I am really surprised at the amount of second guessing and vitriol thrown around on here. The Twins have been decimated by injuries yet still have the 4th best record in the AL after over 1/3 of a season. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that we were in last place on pace for triple digit losses.
They really do make some very odd decisions at times. For a group that considers analytics to be very important, they don’t use it at all at times.

Great interview on the pregame with Perkins and Jax about his transition to the pen - great example of them realizing he has major league stuff, but not at a starter level.

We’re going to win our third division title in 4 years this season with some playoff Ws IMO.

As he famously quipped regarding fan angst -

1655057177940.png

And of course, No one gets them all right.

Last edited:

there is something weird going on when Pat Reusse is more positive about the Twins than a lot of the other local media and fans.

maybe I've got a bad point of view based on who I read and listen to - but the general tone on Twitter most games is that everything the Twins do is wrong. People like Mackey, Judd and Barreiro almost seem offended that the Twins are winning.

Hey, the front office has made some decisions on pitching that I don't like/understand.

but, the team is in 1st place, and they've been playing without (arguably) their top 3 starting pitchers. (Gray, Ryan, Ober).

Don't forget the unofficial Minnesota State Motto - "Things Could be worse."

Kiriloff .361 avg and 1.100 ops at aaa.

It time to get rid of Tyler Duffey and i mean now. Go get him off the mound and DFA when he get back to the dugout.

So we are scoring runs in bunches with the leading hitter in baseball batting leadoff.

Solution..........bat him 6th

Rocco is a moron!

So we are scoring runs in bunches with the leading hitter in baseball batting leadoff.

Solution..........bat him 6th

Rocco is a moron!
Against a Left-handed starting pitcher, not a bad move.

Against a Left-handed starting pitcher, not a bad move.
Start him every day against lefties and righties. Put him in the leadoff spot every single time. Every time.

Start him every day against lefties and righties. Put him in the leadoff spot every single time. Every time.
Great strategy. He could have gone 0-5 instead of his 0-4 performance in the lead off spot this afternoon.

Great strategy. He could have gone 0-5 instead of his 0-4 performance in the lead off spot this afternoon.
Could have matched Buxton's leadoff 0-4.

there is something weird going on when Pat Reusse is more positive about the Twins than a lot of the other local media and fans.

maybe I've got a bad point of view based on who I read and listen to - but the general tone on Twitter most games is that everything the Twins do is wrong. People like Mackey, Judd and Barreiro almost seem offended that the Twins are winning.

Hey, the front office has made some decisions on pitching that I don't like/understand.

but, the team is in 1st place, and they've been playing without (arguably) their top 3 starting pitchers. (Gray, Ryan, Ober).

Don't forget the unofficial Minnesota State Motto - "Things Could be worse."
Reusse has always been more positive about the Twins than any other team in town. He loves baseball.

Reusse has always been more positive about the Twins than any other team in town. He loves baseball.
He does and in all honesty what have other teams in the metro to warrant praise? The Vikings win on the Minneapolis miracle and then fall flat on their faces the week after. The twolves have been a disaster for years and then make the playoffs before losing games in historic fashion. The wild have a historic regular season for them and then get bounced by St Louis is 6 games. The gophers play in the easier big ten west and still can’t make it to a conference championship. Gopher basketball has been historically bad for 5 years now and has not been to a final four since 1997, which per the ncaa never happened. Minnesota United were gonna go to the MLS cup in 2020 and then gave up 2 late goals to lose. They have since been terrible. The less about gopher womens basketball the better as they have been terrible. Gopher baseball is the worst team in the history of the program since going to a super regional in 2018. Gopher wrestling has been a disappointment even with Gabel they are so far removed from big ten title consideration it’s a joke. Gopher volleyball has been good but have failed to win a title the most disappointing losing to Oregon in like 2018 or so at home as the #2 seed.

Basically it’s tough to be positive when not much is positive.

Could have matched Buxton's leadoff 0-4.
So you are accusing Baldelli of being a moron for something that is a moot point at best even though Arraez has trouble against lefties.

Additionally, the line-up decisions and input come from higher up than Baldelli in modern day MLB, but that's besides the point. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but that's the way it is.

He does and in all honesty what have other teams in the metro to warrant praise? The Vikings win on the Minneapolis miracle and then fall flat on their faces the week after. The twolves have been a disaster for years and then make the playoffs before losing games in historic fashion. The wild have a historic regular season for them and then get bounced by St Louis is 6 games. The gophers play in the easier big ten west and still can’t make it to a conference championship. Gopher basketball has been historically bad for 5 years now and has not been to a final four since 1997, which per the ncaa never happened. Minnesota United were gonna go to the MLS cup in 2020 and then gave up 2 late goals to lose. They have since been terrible. The less about gopher womens basketball the better as they have been terrible. Gopher baseball is the worst team in the history of the program since going to a super regional in 2018. Gopher wrestling has been a disappointment even with Gabel they are so far removed from big ten title consideration it’s a joke. Gopher volleyball has been good but have failed to win a title the most disappointing losing to Oregon in like 2018 or so at home as the #2 seed.

Basically it’s tough to be positive when not much is positive.
Holy smokes! Negative much? If you can't see the positives and enjoy them, you are going to find that life is miserable. Championships are elusive so they should not be the only measure of success.

For every team you list, I could easily come up with 5 positive things to say. You actually bring up a number of them here but then quickly turn to a negative to restore balance. Sometimes one has to reflect on the positives of the journey versus being disappointed that the destination isn't what they had hoped it would be.

So you are accusing Baldelli of being a moron for something that is a moot point at best even though Arraez has trouble against lefties.

Additionally, the line-up decisions and input come from higher up than Baldelli in modern day MLB, but that's besides the point. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but that's the way it is.
Arraez will hit lefties with the same average as Kepler and Buxton as far as average goes.

We batted Kepler at leadoff and hit something like .220

They had Buxton there yesterday who is currently hitting around .230

Can we just bat Arraez at leadoff and try to get somewhat of a set lineup like the good teams do.

Arraez will hit lefties with the same average as Kepler and Buxton as far as average goes.

We batted Kepler at leadoff and hit something like .220

They had Buxton there yesterday who is currently hitting around .230

Can we just bat Arraez at leadoff and try to get somewhat of a set lineup like the good teams do.
Buxton hits lefties better at .255, currently.

Adjusting the lineup day-to-day based on the pitching matchup and available players seems completely logical, prudent and justified. For any team.

Top Bottom