Did I miss where they announced he’s having the surgery? I know it’s a possibility but last I saw it was up in the air.TJS is 12-18 months. So best case is probably next June. Maeda had his last August and allegedly could pitch this September but I doubt that will happen either. I don't know whether it being the second TJS makes the timeline longer or shorter.
No just the DL. I’m sure it’ll be a few days before an announcement. At this point what’s the rush to have surgery, the twins are notorious for trying to rest and rehab anything before surgery.Did I miss where they announced he’s having the surgery? I know it’s a possibility but last I saw it was up in the air.
I'm expecting the bats (and the pitchers) to all get the night off. It's pouring right now and the forecast is for much stronger storms right around gametime.Expecting our bats to be busy tonight.
Was amazing to watch Verlander working last night as he was flirting with his 4th no-no, which would have tied him with Kolfax for 2nd mist all-time behind Nolan’s 7.
Almost like when they traded for Sam Dyson from the Giants in 2019 and he couldn’t pitch cause his arm was hanging by a ligament. Somehow the twins missed that and now he’s out of baseball with a domestic violence charge.On Paddack - some background.
at the end of last year, he was diagnosed - by a doctor - with a sprain of the UCL. (ulnar collateral ligament). A sprain means a partial tear.
The Doctor - a medical professional - recommended that the injury be treated with an injection instead of surgery. so he got the injection of platelet-rich plasma.
again, this was on the advice of a doctor. It was seen as a way of managing the issue without having to resort to surgery.
that was the background the Twins were considering when making the deal. It's not like they traded for a guy whose arm was detached. was there a risk? yes. There are different levels of risk in almost every trade.
BTW - there is a new surgical technique that is being used for Tommy John surgery. It cuts the recovery time in half, and some patients have resumed throwing 10 weeks after surgery.
Howie and I were part of a Twitter discussion on this the other day. I don't think he knows it was me, because I use a different Twitter handle.
I'm thinking there might be a window to get most or all the game in. I bet they try hard to get it in as it's going to be very hot tomorrow so it wouldn't be fun for a doubleheader.
The Dyson trade was made at the last minute at the trade deadline. They can be somewhat forgiven for not going through extensive medical records. No such excuse this time. There was no rush.Almost like when they traded for Sam Dyson from the Giants in 2019 and he couldn’t pitch cause his arm was hanging by a ligament. Somehow the twins missed that and now he’s out of baseball with a domestic violence charge.
Yes there is risk in any trade, but this trade got together so fast I wonder if they did good sue diligence on him. I just don’t get how an all star reliever can only get a damaged not great starter and a below average reliever back. Plus you sent them $6million. Even if both pitchers that they got are healthy the twins are a better team with Rogers.
I did a little digging and there aren't many common days off between now and the end of the season between the Twins and Astros, so a makeup game is tricky. I also noticed that tonight is some sort of Star Wars giveaway, so they are going to want the gate for that. The forecast was all "Strong Storms" around gametime a few hours ago. It's now "Scattered Storms", so I bet they at least try to play.I'm thinking there might be a window to get most or all the game in. I bet they try hard to get it in as it's going to be very hot tomorrow so it wouldn't be fun for a doubleheader.
That’s sarcasm right?
I find it humorous that you continue think it's Baldelli making the decision on whether Buxton plays or not. Wether it's better or not is highly debatable, but MLB Mgrs calling those shots are long gone.Buxton back in the line-up. Hopefuly he makes it through the game. Either way, Doc Roc rest day tomorrow to "see how it responds" is virtually assured.