All Things 2022 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

He doesn't believe in homosexuality. That's his right. He posted it.

It's too bad he can't use his freedom of speech.
What a crock. How is he not free to use his freedom of speech? Is anyone calling for him to be arrested? No.

He can say it. And he can broadcast it publicly. And he can live with the consequences of doing so. Just like you and anyone else. He "apologized" because most people find homophobic bigotry abhorrent in 2022 and people like you don't buy many NBA jerseys.

because some people don't agree with it. some people would find it offensive. and in today's culture, when celebrities say anything remotely controversial, there is going to be a response.

you may not like it, but the NBA has tried to present a 'progressive' public image. the NBA does not want its star players making statements that go against that image. the NBA is a billion-dollar business. and believe me, if you make them unhappy, there will be consequences.
Ok, I'll leave at this. If he said he despised Trump, he would offend millions. He would then be applauded by the media and not have apologize for anything. Just bored with the double standards.

What a crock. How is he not free to use his freedom of speech? Is anyone calling for him to be arrested? No.

He can say it. And he can broadcast it publicly. And he can live with the consequences of doing so. Just like you and anyone else. He "apologized" because most people find homophobic bigotry abhorrent in 2022 and people like you don't buy many NBA jerseys.
He has to apologize for what reason. Some people were offended. Welcome to the real world. I'm offended 200 times a day if I want to be .

And if you announce to this board one more time that you can't see my posts............LMAO

He has to apologize for what reason. Some people were offended. Welcome to the real world. I'm offended 200 times a day if I want to be .
He didn't "have to". He chose to. Because it was a stupid thing to do for someone in his position.

I'm sure you are. It can't be easy being you.

Ok, I'll leave at this. If he said he despised Trump, he would offend millions. He would then be applauded by the media and not have apologize for anything. Just bored with the double standards.
He would not be applauded by the media for writing that he despised 45. He would not be applauded by the media for having said that he disagreed with 45's policies. No one cares what a 21 year old young man has to say about politics. I hate to say it but he isn't even a household name across this state let alone this country.

As a rule, general comments about a whole class of people will be much more scrutinized than those against an individual. I can say that I don't like YOU for this reason or that reason but I can't just throw out the blanket statement that all posters with names that start with a K are x, y, or z.

Pretty simple stuff. Targeting a group of people publicly....especially when they have done nothing to you....is a stupid thing to do. Especially when you are as high profile as Ant.

What would the response have been if Ant decided to post something saying that God doesn't exist and Christians are bad people?

Some things are better kept to yourself. And I didn't see the video.....so I guess I cannot form a judgement other than it was a stupid thing to post. Is Ant truly against homosexuality? Was he "gay bashing"? Or was this simply a case of immaturity getting the best of him?

He would not be applauded by the media for writing that he despised 45. He would not be applauded by the media for having said that he disagreed with 45's policies. No one cares what a 21 year old young man has to say about politics. I hate to say it but he isn't even a household name across this state let alone this country.

As a rule, general comments about a whole class of people will be much more scrutinized than those against an individual. I can say that I don't like YOU for this reason or that reason but I can't just throw out the blanket statement that all posters with names that start with a K are x, y, or z.
I challenge anyone to come up with an example of an athlete being overtly political and benefiting from it or being "praised by the media". It certainly didn't work out for Kaepernick. The closest example I can think of is Tebow, but that wasn't inherently political for the most part. Most high profile athletes go out of their way not to go there for good reason.

And he posted it on his own Instgram. It's not a case of "oops didn't know I was being recorded." Incredibly dumb and naive.

He can say whatever he wants. Words do however have consequences. Sometimes it is tough being gay and a die hard sports fan. I was looking forward to this season but now am no longer a fan.

He can say whatever he wants. Words do however have consequences. Sometimes it is tough being gay and a die hard sports fan. I was looking forward to this season but now am no longer a fan.
Words don't always have consequences. The current sitting Prez of the US has been making racist and bigoted comments for 50 years and nobody has called him to task once. He's got the full force of the MSM saying it's a "speech impediment". Crazy shit, huh?

Words don't always have consequences. The current sitting Prez of the US has been making racist and bigoted comments for 50 years and nobody has called him to task once. He's got the full force of the MSM saying it's a "speech impediment". Crazy shit, huh?
So bitter.

I challenge anyone to come up with an example of an athlete being overtly political and benefiting from it or being "praised by the media". It certainly didn't work out for Kaepernick. The closest example I can think of is Tebow, but that wasn't inherently political for the most part. Most high profile athletes go out of their way not to go there for good reason.
You seriously think Kaepernick wasn't praised by the media. No way do you believe that.

I can't stand BLM, yet remain a fan.

that's my whole point. Some have to apologize and some don't.

He shouldn't have said what he said so he apologized. Some will accept it some won't. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say when he takes questions about.

People saying something controversial then apologizing for it has been going on forever. Some media outlets will criticize everybody. Others will pick and choose. To say no one gets called out by anybody is laughable.

What also isn't surprising is to see some posters here who only show-up to talk about anything but basketball.

Did they shutdown the Politics Board?

Last edited:

He shouldn't have said what he said so he apologized. Some will accept it some won't. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say when he takes questions about.

People saying something controversial then apologizing for it has been going on forever. Some media outlets will criticize everybody. Others will pick and choose. To say no one gets called out by anybody is laughable.

What also isn't surpassing is to see some posters here who only show-up to talk about anything but basketball.

Well, the Ant thing is political, is it not?

this is guy on the timberwolves, right?

Great point! Then those posters should take the political part over to the Politics Board.;)
Ok, but it sure seems hard to not post politically on something he posted that is political.

Good point.

People on here can cross the line as well and if they do so then they may have to face consequences.

What also isn't surprising is to see some posters here who only show-up to talk about anything but basketball.

I hear you, I hear you, but I have to ask, why on earth did Timberwolves president of basketball operations Tim Connelly feel the need to offer up an apology as well? WTF?

The distinction is that trump is a very powerful person with millions of supporters who is in the public marketplace mixing it up every day. Ant publicly mocked and chastised a group of people who were on a sidewalk minding their own business and causing him no harm.

It's not a double standard and this particular situation has nothing to do with trump. You just feel like being an aggrieved victim. Enjoy yourself.

I can't stand BLM, yet remain a fan.
What does the BLM have to do with the NBA? Is BLM a corporate sponsor?

Oh, lemme guess. Too many black players. Got it.

The distinction is that trump is a very powerful person with millions of supporters who is in the public marketplace mixing it up every day. Ant publicly mocked and chastised a group of people who were on a sidewalk minding their own business and causing him no harm.

It's not a double standard and this particular situation has nothing to do with trump. You just feel like being an aggrieved victim. Enjoy yourself.
I was sticking up for Ant. Sorry you missed it.

I read some of the twitter replies. Most were telling him he was right and not to worry about it.

Edit: I'm not saying he was right by the way...just reporting what I read.
Well, you have to give him some major props... he managed to use the n-word twice and do it without anyone even noticing because he used the "q-word".

Howl Wolves!!
Interesting analysis. Puts a lot of pressure on Edwards to improve both sides of the ball. Could see them as a #1 or #2 in the west but not a true title threat.

I think the success of this team all comes down to coaching and player buy-in. Most of the Wolves primary players now have some solid skills in multiple facets of the game. Unfortunately, most also still have one or more more prevalent deficiencies as well.

Finch and the staff will be challenged to get these pieces working together to highlight their strengths and minimize the weaknesses... not ground breaking... but absolutely necessary for this team to make some real noise. Some players may see their role on the team change dramatically... KAT being the most notable. Can KAT adjust to a more 4-like role on defense when he is on the floor with Gobert?

Gobert adds so many elements that this team has been lacking. If deployed effectively, I think that his presence can help erase mistakes from others on D while providing a similar outlet on the offensive end with his ability to get up and put the ball down.

In addition to the immediate skills he brings to the table, I think Gobert allows many of the other players to hide their weaknesses... again if they play within themselves as a team.

Looking forward to seeing how this squad performs in just over a month!

Top Bottom