All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

That's good to hear.
Yeah, but he doesn't though.

The only "analysis" he's done, is posting (fake) Twitter accounts that do nothing other than cherry-pick and concoct lying narratives based on fake numbers, usually very simple things like playing percentages and raw numbers off each other to create a hand-waiving effect.

That's good to hear. I suppose the difference then between us is who you trust. I trust the majority of health professionals and data analysts that have found the vaccine effective in a variety of ways.

Not saying you do this, but most people who "do their own research" fall into the smartest-person-in-the-room syndrome.

There are a large number of health professionals that disagree with the main stream narrative and are making smart, data driven decisions for their patients. Nearly all of them support the vaccine for those who need it, and understand they should not be mandated for everyone. Professional athletes fit that group.

To me, the pertinent point is did anything happen with the cops/criminal courts?
I mean, yeah.

If there hadn't been that video, Ray Rice would've kept playing. He actually married the person he punched unconscious in that elevator, and they're still married today. All criminal charges were dropped, as he agreed to undergo counseling.

But, the league had to save face. Rice won his appeal against the league for suspending him twice on the same offense, but it didn't matter as no teams could touch him without appearing like they support domestic violence.

There are a large number of health professionals that disagree
See - right here he's employing a fake narrative.

Because, what is a "large" number, after all?

No matter that the actual percentage of total health professionals that disagree is probably in the 5-10% range, maximum. But, you know, 10k is a "large number"!

I haven't paid much attention to the case, so I may have missed something. But did she go to the police originally? Was a report filed, and the DA just chose not to pursue charges based on the evidence? Or is she coming for him after the fact looking for a payday (because this is a civil case)?

I mean, would it shock anybody if an NFL player beat up a girlfriend/ex-girlfriend? Would it also shock anybody to see somebody try and make some money of a situation and/or defame somebody after they've been scorned? To me, the pertinent point is did anything happen with the cops/criminal courts? If all this is is pictures she took at some point and is filing a civil case based on pictures after-the-fact, it essentially becomes a he said/she said. Can't imagine the NFL will do anything if this is strictly a civil case. Think I'll pick up Mattison on my fantasy team, however, just in case...
I may be COMPLETELY butchering this but the short version of what I heard;

He was at home, with a few visitors I believe (?); she accessed the house, uninvited, with a "stolen" garage door opener, confronted him over the breakup, a physical confrontation ensued. By most accounts, he was well within his rights, according to MN state law regarding protecting yourself in your own home, but who knows how it's interpreted.

Again, if I made a mistake with any of this abbreviated account, by all means someone correct me, just going off what I heard on a podcast.

I'm holding judgment 100% until more of the story breaks out, don't want to make any assumptions about her or him without more info for sure.

I may be COMPLETELY butchering this but the short version of what I heard;

He was at home, with a few visitors I believe (?); she accessed the house, uninvited, with a "stolen" garage door opener, confronted him over the breakup, a physical confrontation ensued. By most accounts, he was well within his rights, according to MN state law regarding protecting yourself in your own home, but who knows how it's interpreted.

Again, if I made a mistake with any of this abbreviated account, by all means someone correct me, just going off what I heard on a podcast.

I'm holding judgment 100% until more of the story breaks out, don't want to make any assumptions about her or him without more info for sure.
That's according to his preemptive leak to ESPN before everything became public.

About all we know is he, she, and a few others were in the house together and something bad happened.

from what I've read/heard, Cook and his agent knew that the story about his ex filing the lawsuit was about to break, so the agent called his buddy Adam Schefter and fed him a "scoop." It was a PR move to try and get Cook's narrative out in public before the details of the lawsuit came out.

it sounds like a volatile relationship that ended very badly.

As far as what is true, who the bleep knows. If there were other people in Cook's house, they will no doubt be deposed if the lawsuit goes to court. So it could be a long time - if ever - before any of the details come out.

The ex has the photos on her side. No matter how it happens, if a pro athlete hits a woman for any reason, it looks bad.

from what I've read/heard, Cook and his agent knew that the story about his ex filing the lawsuit was about to break, so the agent called his buddy Adam Schefter and fed him a "scoop." It was a PR move to try and get Cook's narrative out in public before the details of the lawsuit came out.

it sounds like a volatile relationship that ended very badly.

As far as what is true, who the bleep knows. If there were other people in Cook's house, they will no doubt be deposed if the lawsuit goes to court. So it could be a long time - if ever - before any of the details come out.

The ex has the photos on her side. No matter how it happens, if a pro athlete hits a woman for any reason, it looks bad.
What if the pro athlete is a woman?

Gotta go with Russell Ziskey on this one;

"When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Wisdom

Seriously, between Ruggs, Rodgers, and now Cook, there’s been a lot of drama in the NFL the last few weeks.

So looking at this Cook story, it was reported that someone (singular) was present in the home when the ex came around. So she broke in and found him with another woman perhaps?

So this happened a year ago, the woman never filed a police report, and is now using a couple pictures to file a civil suit to try and get compensated? I mean, if Cook is guilty of doing something, he should be held accountable. But the details as reported make this seem pretty fishy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tm...ation-criminal-domestic-violence-allegations/

Hope he's OK. And 29 contact tracing. Yikes. You wonder if a forfeit is on the horizon? We have a lot of key unvaxed players too (Smith is already out, Cousins, Cook etc.)
Hope so, just forfeit the season and spare me.

There are a large number of health professionals that disagree with the main stream narrative and are making smart, data driven decisions for their patients. Nearly all of them support the vaccine for those who need it, and understand they should not be mandated for everyone. Professional athletes fit that group.
The AMA released the results of a physician survey in June showing that 96% of physicians were fully vaccinated. The N=301. Of the eleven docs who said they weren't vaccinated, five said they planned to get the vaccine in the near future.

Yep, it’s been reported that it was Dozier and he is in the hospital in stable condition.
He will probably be in the hospital for a minimum of 5 days, maybe a few days more. When he gets out, he will be weak and may not even play next week. Believe me, I know a lot about this. :)

Run Cook on 1st and goal, get 3 yards. Then 2 passes from the 1 yard line, including a fade on 2nd down. WTF are you doing Kubiak.

How do you want to be a running team and yet not draft any run blocking offensive linemen? Maddening.

Don’t need Harrison, Barr, maybe Hunter. Bradbury.

Who else aren’t we playing with, that we clearly don’t need?

Is there some way that we can use Harrison’s refusal to get a covid shot to cut him without having to pay him or take the cap hit?? Guessing not, but it seems to be a terrible extension in hindsight.

Top Bottom