All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Alexander is better. Dantzler is better. Hand is better. Even Boyd is a push at worst. Just cut him.
The problem here is Zimmer is coaching for his life. Normally, you could or would go with the younger guys here, but Zimmer wants to go with vets to try to save his ass.

It's going to suck all year. Im going to want to see Mond when we are totally done by game 11, but it will never happen.

The problem here is Zimmer is coaching for his life. Normally, you could or would go with the younger guys here, but Zimmer wants to go with vets to try to save his ass.

It's going to suck all year. Im going to want to see Mond when we are totally done by game 11, but it will never happen.
I could also see Zimmer being very stubborn. It's possible Breeland was a signing he really wanted to make so he's going to give him every chance possible.

I could also see Zimmer being very stubborn. It's possible Breeland was a signing he really wanted to make so he's going to give him every chance possible.
Zimmer is the secondary coaching guru.....it should have happened by now.

A 32 year old 220lbs highly excited NFL QB slammed a 65 year old guy in the chest when he wasn’t expecting it. It played out exactly as you would expect.
I think you guys are reading wayyyyyy too much into this. It was Kirk saying his stupid "you like ThAt?!?!" thing out of excitement. I don't think there was anything more intended than that.

Souhan is on a roll, lately:

A Vikings offense featuring an excellent running back, two of the NFL's best receivers and one of its highest-paid quarterbacks hasn't scored a touchdown after halftime since 9:23 remained in the fourth quarter of the season opener.

In Week 1, the Vikings did not score a touchdown in overtime and lost.

In Week 2, the Vikings lost 34-33 at Arizona. The offense must have engaged in a wild shootout with what is at the moment the NFL's best team, right?

Wrong. The Vikings produced only three offensive points after halftime in that game. After Kirk Cousins hit Justin Jefferson with a touchdown pass with 8:56 remaining in the first half, the Vikings offense would not reach the end zone again. The team's only second-half touchdown came on a 38-yard interception return by linebacker Nick Vigil.

In Week 3, the Vikings beat Seattle 30-17, but they produced only three field goals in the second half.

In Week 4, the Vikings scored on the opening drive against Cleveland, then did not score another point.

In Week 5, the Vikings took a 13-6 lead at halftime against Detroit, then were outscored 11-6 in the second half. Their only second-half points came on fourth-quarter field goals of 55 and 54 yards from Greg Joseph.

In the Vikings' five second halves and an overtime this season, the offense has scored 35 points.

New offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak is in a tough spot. His boss wants him to run the ball. His receivers will be angry if he doesn't throw enough. And he doesn't have the pedigree to tell anyone to get off his back.

Halftime adjustments can be overrated. A coach can't change an entire game plan in 12 minutes.

Kubiak, though, will have to find a way to better use his star receivers in the second half of close games, or a whole lot of Vikings coaches will be making occupational adjustments in a few months.

He's 109th out of 112 CB's per PFF. And it's no longer a small sample size. Veteran or not, he's not good.

Hughes is now good. Rhodes became good again. All they had to do was leave.
Rhodes is less awful because he's healthier. He's not "good" and hasn't been since 2017. Lamar Jackson had no issue torching a Colts secondary featuring both Rhodes and Sandejo. We don't miss either. I haven't seen much of Hughes, but the Chiefs secondary also seems to have issues.

Saw on Facebook the Vikings account released a video from the game. Kirk was mic'ed up the whole time.

Indeed, at the end of the game all he did was scream "You like tHaT!!!11" in Zim's face three times.

That was it.

I was honestly surprised when he signed his last contract at 4yrs/$20 mil. I thought that was undervaluing him, but he also didn’t test the market before signing. With how many games are decided by late game kicks, I am surprised the elite kickers don’t earn more.

Would I rather have Barr or Tucker? Well, assuming Tucker keeps his average, he’s already worth 1-2 wins this year alone. Barr is making 3x what Tucker is. Give me Tucker.

I know contracts are sometimes tricky on how they structure them to free up cap space one year and defer it to later. But if you scroll down to the dead cap chart, Britton Colquitt and Dan Bailey combined are counting $4mil against the 2021 cap. Tucker is averaging $5mil/ year. Just sayin’.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/

Capture11.JPG

Last edited:

Per Shooter:

It’s a decent bet that had the Vikings lost to the winless Detroit Lions at home last Sunday, coach Mike Zimmer would have been gone by Monday. But the Vikings squeaked by, winning 19-17 in the final seconds, and now it’s another critical Sunday for Zimmer in Charlotte against the Carolina Panthers.

It now seems unlikely, barring an embarrassing defeat in Charlotte, that owners Zygi and Mark Wilfwould fire Zimmer during the season. But if he is dismissed, co-defensive coordinator Andre Patterson would seem an interim replacement.

Skol Vikes!!

Now up to 29 straight 2nd half possessions without a TD.

Stupid penalties give the Panthers 2 first downs on 3rd and 10+

Pack won again with Aaron as qb. F you pa and your sht pile statement that arog would never wear the packer uni in 2021.

The vikes OL is not good enough to enable them to be successful if they’re emasculated into running only- they allow Kirk to throw the ball on the drive ending in a punt and this is all over. Can we please dump Zimmer who has done this in 3 games this year? Ridiculous.

Gee- look what happens when you allow Kirk to operate with both running and passing plays being an option.

Don't look now, Kirk Cousins playing a pretty damn high level, and also leading them on multiple game-winning drives (not to mention a few "should have been" GW drives) in the last several weeks.

Nice to see Darrisaw getting the start today, gotta learn trial by fire at some point.

Top Bottom