All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

So, Rodgers is back. here's what that means, from my point of view.

if the Vikes win the division, but Rodgers doesn't play, the Packer fans would just whine that "the vikes only won because Aaron didn't play."

I would rather see the Vikes play the Pack straight-up, with Rodgers in the lineup. That way, if the Vikes win, the Packers have no excuse. And if the Vikes lose, they know they lost to a better team.

Sounds like '21 is Rodgers' last season with the Pack. it will be interesting to see what happens to that franchise in the next couple of years.

if the Vikes win the division, but Rodgers doesn't play, the Packer fans would just whine that "the vikes only won because Aaron didn't play."

I would rather see the Vikes play the Pack straight-up, with Rodgers in the lineup. That way, if the Vikes win, the Packers have no excuse. And if the Vikes lose, they know they lost to a better team.

Sounds like '21 is Rodgers' last season with the Pack. it will be interesting to see what happens to that franchise in the next couple of years.
Yeah...I've been a Vikings fan for a long time and I'll take any help I can get to have this franchise get wins. Whether Rogers plays or doesn't I don't care. Get the Vikings to the playoffs.

They’ll just say “Aaron’s heart wasn’t here, it wasn’t a true performance by him”.

The more wacky ones will even claim he sabotaged the games.

Not many eyeballs at practice but it sounds like the Vikings are mostly healthy to kick off practice. I think I heard Hunter and Breeland are SLIGHTLY dinged up but nothing to worry about. Rashod Hill taking first team reps at LT with Darrisaw watching and Udoh taking first team reps at RG instead of Dozier; Wyatt Davis taking 2nd team reps, not surprising so early in camp. Once Davis picks up the playbook, he should slide into 1st team reps.

I just won't be surprised if the two rooks are not starting on the OL at the beginning of the season.

It's a lot to ask. Wayyyy faster game speed in the League compared to college. Every play is more complex. Etc.

If they really can, and the coaches really trust them not to get the QB killed on an MA, great. I'll take it. But I'm fine bringing them along at the right pace.

Duh. His starting QB is selfish. He should be cut.

Mond gets a pass because he's young and has to learn.

Cousins' me before the team attitude at his age is unacceptable.
So cut Cousins, Thielen and Harrison Smith?

Duh. His starting QB is selfish. He should be cut.

Mond gets a pass because he's young and has to learn.

Cousins' me before the team attitude at his age is unacceptable.
You do understand Cousins contract is fully guaranteed, right? So you’re proposing paying him $76 million dollars to do nothing just to make a point? I know virtue signaling doesn’t often use facts, but c’mon. You can be frustrated with people not getting vaxxed, but that’s a preposterous statement.

You do understand Cousins contract is fully guaranteed, right? So you’re proposing paying him $76 million dollars to do nothing just to make a point? I know virtue signaling doesn’t often use facts, but c’mon. You can be frustrated with people not getting vaxxed, but that’s a preposterous statement.
He only can't be cut because of the cap hit. His mentality is cut worthy.

He's the most important player and supposedly a leader on the team, and he's putting the team in a bad spot by his own selfishness.

Winners like Brady would never do that. Brady would get in guys' faces in the locker room and tell unvaccinated players that they're letting the team down. So get it done or get out. That's a team first, winning mentality.

He only can't be cut because of the cap hit. His mentality is cut worthy.

He's the most important player and supposedly a leader on the team, and he's putting the team in a bad spot by his own selfishness.

Winners like Brady would never do that. Brady would get in guys' faces in the locker room and tell unvaccinated players that they're letting the team down. So get it done or get out. That's a team first, winning mentality.
I don’t disagree with your sentiment. But even if there was no cap hit, nobody is going to give away $76 million with no return on the investment. That’s not how rich people get rich.

It's July 31. Color me unconcerned at this point.
I’m too lazy to look it up, but what are the protocols? Could Cousins just get COVID now so he antibodies and not have to constantly test? I mean c’mon, these are supremely healthy dudes with great medical treatment. The threat of COVID to them is much lower than the general public. Just go hang out with Mond and get it over with. Or get vaxxed.

Vikes need to sign Leidner or Streveler to a 8 week contract. Let’s go!

What is really confusing about football players and vaccines is they are risking CTE every snap.

What is really confusing about football players and vaccines is they are risking CTE every snap.
Would be awesome if this thread could manage to be devoid of vax-related discussions.

Looks like Jake Browning is going to get a ton of reps in practice with a few of the QB's out. He's a solid option for the backup capacity, the guy's played a lot of football at UW, but he's got some glaring limitations it sounds like.

At the very least he's going to be getting more reps in practice than he's used to. Hope he makes the most of it!!

Would be awesome if this thread could manage to be devoid of vax-related discussions.
Sorry. I will avoid speculation. But if it causes forfeits or other actual football news, I think it's totally fair game.

I'd like to see the Vikes pick up Jackson Erdmann of St. John's as an extra practice QB. I think that Erdmann could be an NFL QB in the right system. he can't be any worse than Shawn Mannion or some of the other lukewarm bodies the Vikes have had as backup QB's.

I'd like to see the Vikes pick up Jackson Erdmann of St. John's as an extra practice QB. I think that Erdmann could be an NFL QB in the right system. he can't be any worse than Shawn Mannion or some of the other lukewarm bodies the Vikes have had as backup QB's.
I heard his name floated, but it looks like they are signing Case Cookus (great name) to be a camp QB.

I’d like to see the Vikings sign Leidner.

Top Bottom