All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Twins pulled a huge dick move. They brought up this guy Drew Maggi from Triple-A. Guy is a career minor-leaguer and has never played in a big-league game. So they bring him up and - he sits on the bench and never gets in the game.

Jeez Rocco - get the guy a freakin' at-bat or at least let him play a couple innings on defense.

And then, they send him back down to the minors. Imagine coming that close to achieving a dream and having it yanked away.

Hiss, Boo!

I mean, it's not like the Freakin' Twins are 20 games below .500 and are completely irrelevant.......

Twins pulled a huge dick move. They brought up this guy Drew Maggi from Triple-A. Guy is a career minor-leaguer and has never played in a big-league game. So they bring him up and - he sits on the bench and never gets in the game.

Jeez Rocco - get the guy a freakin' at-bat or at least let him play a couple innings on defense.

And then, they send him back down to the minors. Imagine coming that close to achieving a dream and having it yanked away.

Hiss, Boo!

I mean, it's not like the Freakin' Twins are 20 games below .500 and are completely irrelevant.......
The Rocco approved analytics didn't account for a human situation like that.

Or the front office. You would think with all the problems internally scouting the guys they have simply let go or not protected they would wanna see exactly what Gordon is. God forbid they get some athleticism on the team from someone that isn’t Buxton. You look up and down the roster and they are all slow guys a rare exception. Even Polanco and Arreaz are not fast.
Let's be inclusive and say, "they're all idiots!"

2.5 starts. We started enjoying it too much....

Buxton's made it almost 3 whole weeks. You can't have it all.
Buxton is batting .181 since his return, .264 in his last 10 games. Still, he's fun to watch.

Buxton is batting .181 since his return, .264 in his last 10 games. Still, he's fun to watch.
Slumps happen. But figuring out a fair value for him given the injuries and inconsistency might be impossible. I'd offer him 5/$110 million and trade him if he says no to that.

Slumps happen. But figuring out a fair value for him given the injuries and inconsistency might be impossible. I'd offer him 5/$110 million and trade him if he says no to that.
Yeah, hard to say how much the dip from his early season output was from the layoff or the injury itself. It does if nothing else make it an even more cloudy picture with regards to a long term extension.

I'm inclined to say "pay the man his money", but I'm not very confident about it, to say the least.

Hiss, Boo!

What a shame. Incredibly stupid.

You 100% know that if we sign him he'll be hurt over those 5 years and if we trade him he'll be an All Star for 5 years right?

You 100% know that if we sign him he'll be hurt over those 5 years and if we trade him he'll be an All Star for 5 years right?
Signing him is the right thing to do. We can't control the MN Sports Gods.

I think you’re right and was attempting to be sarcastic. It would solve a major issue.

Saw a note that Gordon has now played every defensive position this year except (I think) C and P. Not sure about 1B. So it seems as if they are positioning him to be the "super-utility" player. The way Rocco shuffles the lineup, Gordon will hopefully get as many AB's as anyone next year. I like what he adds to the lineup.

Did anyone see the beginning of the game with Berrios? I'm just curious if the Twins fans acknowledged him. Did they give him an applause or anything?

Twins stole a base and scored because of the effort. Who knew that worked?!

Top Bottom