All Things 2021 Gophers in the NFL Thread

He’d be #2 or #3 on most teams.

100%

Arians, Leftwich, and Garver (WR Coach) have to be selling him on future playing time. If he's buried again next year.....I don't see how TJ resigns with this team.

TJ just doesn’t look like he’s having fun there. Don’t think he’ll be there long.

Despite season-ending knee injury, former Gophers star Maxx Williams still plans to contribute to Cardinals​

Maxx Williams of the Arizona Cardinals was coming off the best three-game stretch of his career entering an Oct. 10 game against San Francisco. He caught 15 passes for 179 yards in that span and not many tight ends in the NFL were playing better.

But then disaster struck. In the first half against the 49ers, Williams suffered a serious knee injury, ending his season.

“No one ever wants to get hurt,” Williams, a Waconia native and former University of Minnesota star, said in a phone interview. “It was obviously disappointing in the moment, but I’m not going to let something like that really dampen my spirits. I’m just attacking every day with my rehab and looking forward to next season.”

After Williams was hurt, the Cardinals acquired three-time Pro Bowl selection Zach Ertz from Philadelphia to take his place. Ertz has been solid but hasn’t matched the numbers Williams was putting up, coming in with 10 receptions for 135 yards in three games with the Cardinals.
Before his injury, Williams, 27, in his seventh NFL season, looked to be heading for a breakout year. He finished with 16 catches for 193 yards and a touchdown in the five games he played, which had put him on a pace to easily top his career bests of 32 catches and 268 yards receiving, set as a rookie with the Baltimore Ravens in 2015.

Williams also was blocking well, and the Cardinals, now 8-1, were off to a great start. But Williams has vowed to keep contributing to the team despite his injury.

“I feel I can still be a part of it,” said Williams, who had career bests of seven catches and 94 yards receiving in Arizona’s 34-33 win over the Vikings in Week 2. “I still want to be one of those guys who’s at the facility every day to try to put a smile on one of the younger players’ faces, to still be in meetings to answer questions for the young players or just be there with the older guys. It’s a family atmosphere that we have. I can still contribute to the team and try to build something special the rest of the year.”

Go Gophers!!

Despite season-ending knee injury, former Gophers star Maxx Williams still plans to contribute to Cardinals​

Maxx Williams of the Arizona Cardinals was coming off the best three-game stretch of his career entering an Oct. 10 game against San Francisco. He caught 15 passes for 179 yards in that span and not many tight ends in the NFL were playing better.

But then disaster struck. In the first half against the 49ers, Williams suffered a serious knee injury, ending his season.

“No one ever wants to get hurt,” Williams, a Waconia native and former University of Minnesota star, said in a phone interview. “It was obviously disappointing in the moment, but I’m not going to let something like that really dampen my spirits. I’m just attacking every day with my rehab and looking forward to next season.”

After Williams was hurt, the Cardinals acquired three-time Pro Bowl selection Zach Ertz from Philadelphia to take his place. Ertz has been solid but hasn’t matched the numbers Williams was putting up, coming in with 10 receptions for 135 yards in three games with the Cardinals.
Before his injury, Williams, 27, in his seventh NFL season, looked to be heading for a breakout year. He finished with 16 catches for 193 yards and a touchdown in the five games he played, which had put him on a pace to easily top his career bests of 32 catches and 268 yards receiving, set as a rookie with the Baltimore Ravens in 2015.

Williams also was blocking well, and the Cardinals, now 8-1, were off to a great start. But Williams has vowed to keep contributing to the team despite his injury.

“I feel I can still be a part of it,” said Williams, who had career bests of seven catches and 94 yards receiving in Arizona’s 34-33 win over the Vikings in Week 2. “I still want to be one of those guys who’s at the facility every day to try to put a smile on one of the younger players’ faces, to still be in meetings to answer questions for the young players or just be there with the older guys. It’s a family atmosphere that we have. I can still contribute to the team and try to build something special the rest of the year.”

Go Gophers!!
Awesome attitude. Those are the kind of players coaches love to have around. Guys who face adversity but want to stay a part of things. Mo is a perfect example of that for us. He quickly embraced things with his injury and jumped into the coaching aspect and working with the younger guys.

Fun to see guys making an impact for their teams. Campbell is having a heck of a year, Winfield is solid, TJ getting in the mix and Bateman has made a big impact since he came off the injured list....Great for the program to have former Gophers playing well in the NFL.

One of my favorite Gophers of that era. Tough as nails and a sure tackler. I wish him many more millions of success in the league.
Locked down his side of the field!

Rash of Bateman looked great when they started throwing late in the game last night. 6 catches for 80 yards.

Rash of Bateman looked great when they started throwing late in the game last night. 6 catches for 80 yards.

They repeatedly tried running a bubble screen to Brown. Over and over and over. 6 catches for 37 yards on 13 targets. Bateman had 80 yards, 6 catches on only 8 targets.

It looked like Bateman was largely being ignored by Jackson until the 4th Quarter. Only 2 catches on 2 targets until the 4th Quarter. It even looked like Bateman and Jackson were having some "words." They showed a clip of Jackson yelling at someone and I think it was Bateman.

It looked like Bateman was largely being ignored by Jackson until the 4th Quarter. Only 2 catches on 2 targets until the 4th Quarter. It even looked like Bateman and Jackson were having some "words." They showed a clip of Jackson yelling at someone and I think it was Bateman.
Bateman wasn't on the field for large stretches of game which was confusing. I thought he might have gotten hurt until he came back and made several catches late in the game.

Devin Duvernay actually out snapped him 44-40. Free Bateman.

Great opportunity for TJ to have a breakout game today!

Top Bottom