All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

That powerplay early in the 2nd was so pathetic.

They’re ready for the off-season

A wide open look right in front of the goal.....right at the beginning of the PP. Couldn't have been easier.

Just a few more minutes until the sports abyss!

If it was baseball they would have a position player pitch. Maybe the wild can talk Gorg into playing goal in the 3rd for entertainment.

Is it something in the water? Wtf is wrong with our teams?

The Wild had their best regular season in franchise history.

And I'm not gunna remember a second of it. See ya again in November I guess.

If it was baseball they would have a position player pitch. Maybe the wild can talk Gorg into playing goal in the 3rd for entertainment.
Maybe since you never won a single thing in your worthless peewee sports career that meant anything to anyone - including your parents, you should shut the fuck up.

I am. That was a really fun season. I can’t wait for the next game I can see #97 out there. The future is bright.
Sorry. I'll probably have a clearer head tomorrow. Just have absolutely no love for the team right now lol.

The sad part is that they aren't even close to contending. Not even close.

The best part is after this series is over you can do it all again when the twins are swept by the Yankees again in the wild card round. It is just a repetitive circle of shit.
Joke's on you. The Yankees will have a bye this year. The Astros or Angels will suffice though. We just saw a preview.

Minnesota, with a long history of hockey, and right next door to, you know, Canada, loses in the first round, while Tampa ... Florida ... has been the champion the last two seasons.

Baseball, has way too unfair of salary structures for the Twins to ever be seriously competitive unless it's a crazy season. We already got that anyway, even though it has been over 30 years ago now.

So that discounts the NHL and MLB, for me.

It has to be the Vikings or Twolves that do it.

The Wild had their best regular season in franchise history.

And I'm not gunna remember a second of it. See ya again in November I guess.
Similar to the 1981-82 North Stars, which was perhaps their best regular season. 94 pts (80 game schedule, No OT at all) and they won their division. Got bounced by the Blackhawks in 4 Games (Best of 5).

Only difference was the Hawks were not very good, only 72 pts. These Wild lost to a pretty good Blues team who were dueling with each other for home ice until the final day of the Regular Season.

I was all for going all out to get the #2 seed, but perhaps it would have been better to rest up the final few games. Hindsight. Hugh Downs.

That's just not true.
Oh yes it is. Parise and Suters contract back on the books now. They will be dumping players and hope the young guys can learn in a hurry. If they suck for the next 2-3 treats you can kiss Kaprizov goodbye

Oh yes it is. Parise and Suters contract back on the books now. They will be dumping players and hope the young guys can learn in a hurry. If they suck for the next 2-3 treats you can kiss Kaprizov goodbye
In fairness Kaprizov will be 30 when the contract is over and who knows what things will look like by then.

Well sure. If this team is going to fundamentally change. I was disagreeing that this the team in its current form is that far off.

Well sure. If this team is going to fundamentally change. I was disagreeing that this the team in its current form is that far off.
This team was still a couple D men away from getting past the first round even. Dumba is a turn over machine and Spurgeon gets tossed around like a rag doll. The rest are average at best besides Brodin. Hey I want a Stanley Cup as much as the next fan but it won’t be happening for some time once again. I’d be more than happy to eat crow if they happen to win one

This team was still a couple D men away from getting past the first round even. Dumba is a turn over machine and Spurgeon gets tossed around like a rag doll. The rest are average at best besides Brodin. Hey I want a Stanley Cup as much as the next fan but it won’t be happening for some time once again. I’d be more than happy to eat crow if they happen to win one

Yeah, the defense was atrocious.

Top Bottom