All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

Great special teams…hey greenway your a 3rd line grinder stop taking stupid ass penalties your team can’t kill off.

Just aren't converting on their scoring chances. 0-4 on power play.

Fluery is both killing us and keep us in the game. See above a couple days back, I would have started Talbot and ridden him until he broke.

The Blues with two PP goals in the last 5 seconds. Lol. Minnesota sports.

special teams…this game reminds me so much of the Mankato gopher game in the frozen four. You knew what the blues were gonna do and yet they shoved their game right down your throat and you couldn’t stop them. Terrible power play, terrible penalties taken by greenway, terrible penalty kill. Yeah you can say Husso played well, but so many shots were from the outside and not high danger chances. Not to mention all the blocks. You just can’t make it up with the wild having the 5 most points in the NHL and they gonna get bounced in 5 games. Minnesota sports to perfection.

I had hope going into the 3rd. This team is different. But extremely disappointing tonight. Not how you want to open the series.

But even if they lose the first 3 games of the series, I still wouldn't count them out.

special teams…this game reminds me so much of the Mankato gopher game in the frozen four. You knew what the blues were gonna do and yet they shoved their game right down your throat and you couldn’t stop them. Terrible power play, terrible penalties taken by greenway, terrible penalty kill. Yeah you can say Husso played well, but so many shots were from the outside and not high danger chances. Not to mention all the blocks. You just can’t make it up with the wild having the 5 most points in the NHL and they gonna get bounced in 5 games. Minnesota sports to perfection.
Shut up already, you God damned mindless idiot.

Ugly game. St. Louis definitely has our number.
Convert some scoring chances, better goaltending, better zone entry D. These would help. The Wild definitely had some chances to score. But they also did not have the “zip” they had all year. They need to come out flying Wednesday and Talbot needs to slam the door.

Wild captain Jared Spurgeon fined $5,000 for cross-checking Blues' Pavel Buchnevich in Game 1​

Dumb move by a team Captain. Should have been a suspension honestly. Spurgeon is one of my favorite players and a clean player historically. It was a dirty hit and warranted a suspension. By not suspending him, I’m not sure how they officiate these types of plays moving forward.

Wild once again showed they are mentally weaker than the Blues - Time for the whole team to grow up.

look, I'm no hockey die-hard. casual fan at best.

But, from what I know, St. Louis had the Wild's number in the regular season.

So why were so many people predicting the Wild would win the series?

Hey, it's not over. The Wild can make it a series. But a butt-whipping in game #1 on your home ice is not a good way to start the series.

Wild captain Jared Spurgeon fined $5,000 for cross-checking Blues' Pavel Buchnevich in Game 1​

Dumb move by a team Captain. Should have been a suspension honestly. Spurgeon is one of my favorite players and a clean player historically. It was a dirty hit and warranted a suspension. By not suspending him, I’m not sure how they officiate these types of plays moving forward.

Wild once again showed they are mentally weaker than the Blues - Time for the whole team to grow up.
I'm a big Spurgeon fan but if I was in charge he'd get 3 games minimum.

So glad im not a hockey fan.

I'm sorry the Wild lost for all of you, but I can't go through the pain I just went through with the woofies

I'm a big Spurgeon fan but if I was in charge he'd get 3 games minimum.
Me too. Very disappointed in his actions. This had potential for serious injury. Fighting is one thing because it is mutual, this was a blind sided effort to injure.

Is PA doing the let’s play hockey tonight? I hope he sings the Johnny. Johnny Pohl song.

Top Bottom