All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

The Wild have also gained an epic number of points after pulling the goalie. That inflates their point total quite a bit as it is generally seen as "luck" to be above league average. Wild- Blues will be a war. I think Colorado is beatable so this could be a year to go on a run.

As for NHL playoffs, I am ok with the structure but really wish the league would move to a 3 (regulation win)-2 (overtime/shootout win)-1 (overtime/ shootout loss) point system.
I agree, winning in 60 minutes should be worth more than winning the gimmicky 3x3 OT or shootout.

Fiala is on a tear. So glad they didn’t trade him like the talk was earlier in the season. Hopefully the Wild can work out a long-term deal with him in the off-season, but cap issues may come into play there.

Fiala is on a tear. So glad they didn’t trade him like the talk was earlier in the season. Hopefully the Wild can work out a long-term deal with him in the off-season, but cap issues may come into play there.
He's definitely saying all the right things in post-game interviews - which he is involved in nearly every night. It's all about the team for him. He is glowing about the character and family feel. He and Boldy - and lately Freddy - work together so incredibly well, I can't imagine he's not thinking, I could do this for a few more years. If they get bounced by the Blues, the feelings could disappear. But if they go on a nice playoff run, I look for Fiala to figure a way to stay in Minnesota.

0-6 on the PP against the worst team in the NHL in a must win home game for home ice advantage ain’t gonna get it done.

Just caught a few minutes during breaks in the Wolves game. What happened?
Cane out and lead 1-0. Then fell flat on their face to fall behind 3-1. Scored 2 straight in the span of 30 seconds or so to tie it at 3. Gave up a power play goal with 10 minutes or make it 4-3 and then gave up and ENG to Kessell who was cherry picking. PP once again looked totally dysfunctional which has been the norm than the exception.

Cane out and lead 1-0. Then fell flat on their face to fall behind 3-1. Scored 2 straight in the span of 30 seconds or so to tie it at 3. Gave up a power play goal with 10 minutes or make it 4-3 and then gave up and ENG to Kessell who was cherry picking. PP once again looked totally dysfunctional which has been the norm than the exception.
Huh. Didn't expect that against the Coyotes, even factoring in a letdown after the Preds game.

Huh. Didn't expect that against the Coyotes, even factoring in a letdown after the Preds game.
It was like the old wild with the flat game and furious rally’s. The difference is I have faith this will be a small road bump and not a a disaster leading a 3 game losing streak.

0-6 on the PP against the worst team in the NHL in a must win home game for home ice advantage ain’t gonna get it done.
I must be a jinx this year, been to 2 games, lost to Buffalo (in OT) and now Arizona in reg. No plans to go to the playoffs.

Missing both Spurgeon and Dumba is not good.

At least the Avs helped out by beating the Blues last night.

I must be a jinx this year, been to 2 games, lost to Buffalo (in OT) and now Arizona in reg. No plans to go to the playoffs.

Missing both Spurgeon and Dumba is not good.

At least the Avs helped out by beating the Blues last night.
It’s still Phoenix and the only team worse is Montreal. Has goaltending has been an issue or has the lack of defensive players been the issue.

It’s still Phoenix and the only team worse is Montreal. Has goaltending has been an issue or has the lack of defensive players been the issue.
I think both goaltending and overall defense need to step it up to garner any postseason success.

I think both goaltending and overall defense need to step it up to garner any postseason success.
I can't see how Evason could possibly use Fleury in the playoff run, unless Talbot looks terrible or tired in a game. Fleury has been shaky at best and I'm not sure his flop around style fits this team. If/when Dumba returns healthy, that will help shore up the D. My biggest concern with this team is penalty kill. Need to avoid stupid penalties.

I agree, winning in 60 minutes should be worth more than winning the gimmicky 3x3 OT or shootout.
Agree as well. It’s never made sense to me for some games to give out 3 points while others 4. Make it 3 for all games no matter what. 3 for regulation win and 2-1 for OT games.

Agree as well. It’s never made sense to me for some games to give out 3 points while others 4. Make it 3 for all games no matter what. 3 for regulation win and 2-1 for OT games.

It's good for us now that we have superstars.

So a key game against the Avs tonight can only be watched on ESPN plus huh? I totally get FSN carrying the wolves game but why the hell are the twins being shown on FSN plus and CW?

Edit: okay well looks like it was just a bad listing on the TV guide. Would be an awfully big win for the wild.

Last edited:

Game 1 is tomorrow. Who do you start in goal. I would start Fleury over Talbot. Talbot is 0-3 this season vs the Blues. I go with Fleury in game 1 and Talbot in game 2.

Game 1 is tomorrow. Who do you start in goal. I would start Fleury over Talbot. Talbot is 0-3 this season vs the Blues. I go with Fleury in game 1 and Talbot in game 2.
I would go Talbot, better overall home record. I don't think Fleury was any better head to head vs the Blues.

Odd scheduling note referenced on SkorNorth, Game 1 will be the first time St Louis plays in St Paul this season. The only game home game for the Wild was at Target Field.

Hey, whichever goalie they start is good.

I would say it's a step up from '03 when the Wild went to the Conference finals behind the tandem of Roloson and Fernandez. (but Rollie the Goalie was a great nickname)

This is so refreshing as opposed to talking about dreams and culture. It’s about winning the damn game nothing more and nothing less.

Refs often swallow their whistles in the playoffs. Wild play smart physical instead of chippy physical then they have a chance.
Not great Bob. 0-1 on the power play, gave up a breakaway penalty shot, then took a penalty.

Top Bottom