All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

Reminding me that the hockey season is far too long. I wish we could just skip to the playoffs now.
Hell no!!! VGK is waiting patiently for Jack Eichel to recover from disk replacement surgery, probably make his VGK debut in late February, early March.

Just biding time until then, just trying to tread water and stay within shouting distance until everyone gets off the damn Injured list and the minor leaguers can go back down to the minors. Eichel on the Knights could be downright scary, or at least I hope so.

oh no they're giving me hope

What a win tonight for the Wild. Won over Washingtron in a shootout.

I don't care what year it is or what their records are I love seeing Minnesota pound the Blackhawks. Secord sucks!

I don't care what year it is or what their records are I love seeing Minnesota pound the Blackhawks. Secord sucks!
Why can't we still be the North Stars?

Pull the Goalie.

the Wild has to be the best team in NHL history when it comes to pulling the goalie and scoring.

Rangers fans were not happy and started throwing beer cups onto the ice after a goal was wave off. No goal. Wild win in MSG 3-2. down 2-0 and scores the next 3.

Rangers fans were not happy and started throwing beer cups onto the ice after a goal was wave off. No goal. Wild win in MSG 3-2. down 2-0 and scores the next 3.

It was the right call. Fans just being fans.

Play of the game was Fiala diving breakup of that 3 on 0.

Why can't we still be the North Stars?
Very few people going to the game, so Normie took his team to Dallas. Normie also wanted to expand the arena by putting shops connected to the arena and the city of Bloomington turned him down. Personally, I was never a big fan of the name North Stars.

Apparently there was a little back and forth about the Wild between Russo and Carter on Twitter recently. Then Carter brought up race for no reason at all last night.

7C6E2141-E677-4022-B55C-2C13661E7DA6.jpeg

Boldy with the Hat Trick!
And a sweet assist. He also had several good defensive plays and he is strong, fairly quick and innovative. He fits perfectly with Fiala. Kaprizov developing into a bonafide superstar and Boldy’s arrival have put this team in a position to be dangerous. Boldy has resurrected Fiala’s spirits and that line is a scoring threat nearly every shift. When Eriksson-Ek and Greenway are on third line, this indicates the forwards are damned deep.

These guys are a year ahead of even an optimistic schedule. Cutting Parise and Suter feels like ancient history.

per Russo:

Their depth scorers, the guys who kept the Wild afloat earlier this season when Kirill Kaprizov and Kevin Fiala were trying to find their footing, have mostly dried up. Their blue line is getting exposed every game and looks in dire need of added beef that might need to come by external means before the March 21 trade deadline even after Matt Dumba returns to the lineup from his injury (potentially soon). Their No. 1 goalie is leaking oil.

Cam Talbot gave up at least four goals for a fourth consecutive start. Evason, who must be more concerned than he’s telling us, did his best to protect Talbot again, and he’s right that it’s hard to assign blame to Talbot after the Wild again committed breakdowns and there were bang-bang plays and blown coverages on the first, second and fourth goals.

But Stanley Cup contenders don’t have starting goalies with .908 save percentages and goals-against averages hovering around 3.

Talbot, plain and simple, must pick up his play.

Gooo Wild!!

Things looking pretty dire over the last few weeks.

If you go back to when the Wild let Parise and Suter go, no one was talking about the Wild as a Stanley Cup contender this season.

21-22 was going to be the year where they evaluated the roster, including the younger talent, in order to position the team for future success and decide what moves needed to be made - while working within the salary cap issues.

the first 2/3 of the season, it looked like the Wild was ahead of schedule.

Now, it looks like it's back to the pre-season outlook.

that's not the end of the world if they make good decisions going forward.

definitely need work at D and Goalie. And a top-line center wouldn't hurt, if you can afford one.

Wild have also added Nic Deslauriers. With Middleton, Deslauriers, Folgino and Greenway, the Wild are easily the toughest team in the league now. Goes against the way hockey is trending but will make for an interesting playoffs.

Wild have also added Nic Deslauriers. With Middleton, Deslauriers, Folgino and Greenway, the Wild are easily the toughest team in the league now. Goes against the way hockey is trending but will make for an interesting playoffs.
Probably a good move precisely for the playoffs. Mugging it up and slowing it down, being physical, worked for Montreal last year on their way to the SC Final.

Top Bottom