All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Ding ding ding... Morant has been banged up yet still helps his team to a win as he is repeatedly bailed out by the refs. No one on the Wolves garners that respect.

Don't get me wrong... this was an extremely favorable match up for the Wolves. But I am not kidding myself to think that they could upset Memphis, the winner of GS and Denver, and likely Phoenix. It is not going to happen! This is not some plucky team that sometimes gets on a roll. Plucky teams usually win with D.

I never said Memphis would go on a run. If they win this series, they will also fold against the winner of GS and Denver. Book it. I am not giving out ribbons. I am being realistic... I am not betting on this horse nor getting my hopes up!

I don't think it's likely the Wolves make a run to the Finals either, but that doesn't change the fact that they should have won this series. At some point an unexpected favorable outcome needs to happen to a MN sports team if they are going to even play in a championship game again, rather than it always being an unexpected unfavorable outcome leading to the end of the season.

I don't think it's likely the Wolves make a run to the Finals either, but that doesn't change the fact that they should have won this series. At some point an unexpected favorable outcome needs to happen to a MN sports team if they are going to even play in a championship game again, rather than it always being an unexpected unfavorable outcome leading to the end of the season.

Correct. Even if the Wolves bow out in the second round, that doesn't change the fact that the extra playoff experience would be hugely beneficial to the young players on this team. Get a feel for the big moments so that down the road....the bright lights don't seem so nerve wracking. Ant already appears to be mostly unfazed by it....but Kat could use all the exposure he can get.

Edwards hit that great 3 to tie the game Tuesday night. Then by his own admission, he made a boneheaded attempt to steal the ball from Morant, rather than just stay in front of him. He's only 20 and it's worked before so he took the chance.

Forgetting a possible phony call by the refs, game goes into O.T. Where the Wolves have an even chance to get that 3-2 lead. Well, considering the free throw disparity in this series, maybe they'd still lose.

The series has been that damn close. Since they split with Memphis during the regular season, not a surprise.

Made a bet that the Wolves would lose in 6. Hope I can't cash that bet but with the paucity of good shooters and rebounders on that team, it still could happen. Just hope it doesn't.

Just noticed every other series in the first round is over. Would be cool to push this to Game 7. All eyes would be on us 😬

Just noticed every other series in the first round is over. Would be cool to push this to Game 7. All eyes would be on us 😬
The 2nd round will have already started (Celts/Bucks play at Noon on Sunday), but point taken.

to me, the appropriate word for the Wolves is not "stupid" but "undisciplined."

and I am talking about both physical and emotional discipline.

A team leads the league in regular-season scoring by moving the ball to get open shots. So, when they get into a tight playoff game -- the movement stops and guys start playing hero ball. that is undisciplined. don't go away from what got you there in the first place.

and the emotional discipline is how they react to foul calls.

I don't want to whine about officiating. don't want the refs to decide the game - then make a bleeping shot - grab a bleeping rebound - and don't make some kamikaze drive to the basket, slam into someone, and hope the refs bail you out.

29-28 Timberwolves at the end of one. Each side only got to shoot 2 free throws.

There are, ah, letting them play.

I will say one thing. As an old white guy follically challenged, I wish I could do what Ja Morant does with his hair.

Ant looks like a superstar so far and Towns is out of control, again

Edwards had a great first half. So did McDaniels.

The unstoppable Morant? He has 4pts on 1 for 6 from the field, 2 for 4 from the line and has 2 turnovers along with 5 assists. Brooks is 4-12 from the field.

Towns?Yeah he was pissed about that late non-call and Mark Jackson pontificated about it. Markie Mark didn't mention KAT only has a single turnover and 2 fouls. Not sure if that is out of control. Though he does need to shoot much better.

Wolves 52 Memphis 49 at the Half.

For as good ANT is he does struggle on bunnies in the lane, even when they are uncontested. He missed two late that cost them in game 5.

Wolves up 84-74 at the end of 3.

Edwards has 23, McDaniels 17 and Towns 15 to lead the Wolves.

Brooks 20, Bane 15 and Clarke 14 lead Memphis.

Dump DLO for a big man, let Mclaughlin start, and sign a quality backup PG.

Mclaughlin is better than DLO.

Dump DLO for a big man, let Mclaughlin start, and sign a quality backup PG.

Mclaughlin is better than DLO.

Would be better. And let's take a moment to remember that Finch didn't play McLaughlin a single minute in the 26 point meltdown game three.

I'm glad I don't have BSN.

Who can watch the garbage, hero ball offense the Wolves constantly go to in the 4th quarter.

It's why they lose. The offense is so bad.

Wolves broke their own record of losing two games in a single series after having a double digit 4th quarter lead.

Timberwolves must have been looking at the Twins playoff loss streak.....and said.....well look what we can do.

In the long run, it's the best thing to happen.

They are physically overpowered in crunch time.

DLO is hot garbage. I believe he is done in Minnesota. McLaughlin is nice, but he's a midget on the defensive end. They were going at him late.

Pat Bev needs to come off the bench.

We have nothing inside next to towns.

Our perimeter defense is soft and weak because we are little.

The problem is can they fix any of this. Are we going to be stuck with what we have.

We lose because we get physically mauled. We are too little.

I have to say, Beasley is the guy who needs to go more than anyone. He's vastly overpaid. He's terrible.

All he does is take up cap space and a roster spot. He contributes nothing.

Top Bottom