All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I don't think you are in the minority at all. KAT was pretty well behaved last night, though.
1) The entire game he was flopping on the ground. I cannot ever recall seeing a 6"11" player who is on the ground as much as KAT.
2) He put his finger up to his mouth to shush the crowd multiple times.
3) As he complained about a call, Memphis pushed the ball down the court, and Memphis passed the ball over KAT"s head, for a basket.

Russell is the one guard that can create hos own shot. At 30 mil per year, he should be the guy to count on when the game needs half court offense like last night. But to your point he dinks around.

Edwards needs to learn that mid range game, pull up jumpers. If he doesn't get all the way to the rim, hes worthless right now

I just wish towns would be happier playing closer to the basket. Wolves are short on easy points
I don't think Russell is so good at creating his own shot. The degree of difficulty of his shots has to be in the top 10% of the league. That's why there are so many oohs and ahs when a few of them go in. Guys who can create their own shots get clear shots.

1) The entire game he was flopping on the ground. I cannot ever recall seeing a 6"11" player who is on the ground as much as KAT.
2) He put his finger up to his mouth to shush the crowd multiple times.
3) As he complained about a call, Memphis pushed the ball down the court, and Memphis passed the ball over KAT"s head, for a basket.
All true. However, relative to his usual behavior, he was a sweetheart.

I don't think Russell is so good at creating his own shot. The degree of difficulty of his shots has to be in the top 10% of the league. That's why there are so many oohs and ahs when a few of them go in. Guys who can create their own shots get clear shots.
That's not true at all. The best scorers are efficient with a hand in their face.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wish KAT would stop being so immature during games. Ant is a much more mature person and player than KAT, and it is not even close.
He needs to play smarter and shut up. He dribbled into double teams all night long and paid for it with 7 turnovers. Part of it is on Finch. When you see a big like Towns getting doubled 20 feet from the basket- you have to send him into the paint and make them pay for leaving other guys open.

They don't appear to have an offensive scheme except that everyone is on the perimeter and someone is supposed to make a play....or is that just how the NBA is done?

The collapsing at end of games is nothing new to this season.
Absolutely! That doesn't make them stupid. That makes them bad players or shows the warts of roster composition. Their collapses have nothing to do with intellect or basketball IQ.

Quit parroting Barkley... no one threw around this 'dumb' garbage until the Round Mound used the term!

But Barkley is correct. Finch with his refusal to call timeouts in game three as we watched a huge lead evaporate....TWICE. Wolves players stand around and watch a shot rattle off the rim as one Grizzly player runs right around them for an easy offensive rebound and putback. 18 offensive rebounds allowed!!! Then of course....the complete abandonment of an actual offense in the fourth quarter....leading to bad shots and turnovers at the most crucial time in the game No excuse for undisciplined play like that. It's why the T-Wolves arguably look like the better team in this series but have the seventh seed instead of the second seed....and are now down 3-2 when they very well could have had the series locked up.

That doesn't mean Barkley isn't right. And in this case, Barkley is absolutely right.
The team is not stupid. That is simply a childish taunt. The losses can be attributed to the type of players that they are and their collective ability to perform under pressure.

Absolutely! That doesn't make them stupid. That makes them bad players or shows the warts of roster composition. Their collapses have nothing to do with intellect or basketball IQ.
Agree to disagree. Bball iq is a real thing. It tends to show in crucial moments. It can improve though. Let's hope it does in game 6.

But Barkley is correct. Finch with his refusal to call timeouts in game three as we watched a huge lead evaporate....TWICE. Wolves players stand around and watch a shot rattle off the rim as one Grizzly player runs right around them for an easy offensive rebound and putback. 18 offensive rebounds allowed!!! Then of course....the complete abandonment of an actual offense in the fourth quarter....leading to bad shots and turnovers at the most crucial time in the game No excuse for undisciplined play like that. It's why the T-Wolves arguably look like the better team in this series but have the seventh seed instead of the second seed....and are now down 3-2 when they very well could have had the series locked up.
I get the frustration. I am there too. I am simply stating that stupid is not the appropriate term to use. I find that offensive. This has nothing to do with intellectual abilities.

Did Finch 'refuse' to call timeouts in game 3? I haven't seen that interview.

Rebounding execution is not stupid either. It is players getting lost in the moment and not doing their jobs.

As for execution... is it possible that Memphis did something different on D that might have contributed to the Wolves offensive (pun intended!) woes?

Agree to disagree. Bball iq is a real thing. It tends to show in crucial moments. It can improve though. Let's hope it does in game 6.
Why do we suddenly have so many players with poor basketball IQ? Is it coaching? Bad luck?

Why do we suddenly have so many players with poor basketball IQ? Is it coaching? Bad luck?
It's not sudden. Kat shows a lack of composure too may times. That's connected to intelligence. D-Lo resorting to hero ball at the end of games isn't smart. He does it a lot. Really smart players don't do these things a whole lot. The Wolves have been doing these types of things for a while now. I will give Ant a pass...he's 20.

I get the frustration. I am there too. I am simply stating that stupid is not the appropriate term to use. I find that offensive. This has nothing to do with intellectual abilities.

Did Finch 'refuse' to call timeouts in game 3? I haven't seen that interview.

Rebounding execution is not stupid either. It is players getting lost in the moment and not doing their jobs.

As for execution... is it possible that Memphis did something different on D that might have contributed to the Wolves offensive (pun intended!) woes?

Nobody is calling them intellectually deficient. When Barkley called the team "stupid"....he was referring to the way they play and their basketball IQ. He is 100% correct.

And you are right.....execution is a whole different matter. If Memphis players are simply bigger and stronger and getting rebounds because of that....it's execution. But as I said....there were multiple times where the Grizzlies put a shot up and there were three or four Wolves around the basket just watching while a single Memphis player ran directly around them for the rebound and an easy putback. That is stupid and lazy play. Not running a competent offensive set for large stretches of time and then hucking up a bad shot, getting a shot clock violation, or throwing the ball away is stupid basketball.

Watching the opposing team go on a 21-0 run early in the fourth quarter and doing nothing but sit and stare blankly is STUPID coaching. Execution is only one piece of problem here.

Is Memphis a low IQ basketball team?

The reason I ask is they allow us to go on unreal runs, also.

For KAT? It's not lack of intelligence. It's connected to his ego and stress. Starting with Butler all he's heard is how he's weak. How he's not tough enough. Local media and fans started whining about it too.Then the National media started picking-up on it. Leading to the clowns on TV talking about how he's stupid. In between those items he lost his Mom and 7-8 more relatives to COVID. Putting it together that's a hell of a lot of stress he's dealt with.

Hell, he had COVID twice. Including in this past season. Think the team had a run of it too. Put those all together and it has been a ton of things all working on him at once. He seems determined that he's gonna show everyone that he's gonna carry the team on his back and start getting touch calls they way the stars do!

Even the phony calls like Morant got last night. A star that had a terrible 1st Half and a ref induced great 4th Quarter. That's not homer view either. Even the National broadcasters mentioned it!

KAT needs to ignore the fact that he's not gonna get star treatment and yipping at the Refs will just make it worse. Problem is it means that at the end of games, in the 4th Quarter, KAT and Company are on their own. Not sure a Coach can make a difference in that.

By the way Finch has said a number of times that he should have called a timeout during that fiasco last Thursday.

The Wolves main problem the last couple of years is they have no dependable shooters besides Towns. Means teams pack the paint and dare the Wolves to shoot. Also makes driving to the basket tough. Because often Wolves players get hacked and don't get a foul call it leads to turnovers.

The lack of shooters and rebounders has been a problem all season. We've talked about that many times this past year. Though that could be news to a few recent posters. Minnesotans seem to get excited when they get a chance to complain. ;)

Last edited:

Been working.

And, I never said that.
Here is what I said. We are stupid. So is Memphis stupid to fall down big to us every game?

Your response.......does Memphis collapse at the end of games. That sir, never touched my question.

Here is what I said. We are stupid. So is Memphis stupid to fall down big to us every game?

Your response.......does Memphis collapse at the end of games. That sir, never touched my question.
Yes it did.

Top Bottom