All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Win shares is a nice statistic and Towns is an elite offensive big man. But like most statistics, it's not the end all to be all. Most of the players who have been at the top of that list each year, haven't won championships.

KAT was 3rd in the league in WS the last time they were in the playoffs with Butler. Butler was the main reason they jumped up that season, not KAT.

I think they can build a tougher, smarter, deeper and more well rounded team without KAT. But there's a 98% chance that KAT, Ant, and DLo are all still playing here next season.
I think everybody who follows the team would be interested to know how the wolves could build a tougher, smarter, deeper team without KAT.

Regarding your earlier post, +/- is a shallow stat because it's highly dependent on who you are playing with and against. DLo's cheering from the sideline is empty calories.

DLo is a top fifteen point guard who gets credit for improving his defense from terrible to mediocre (which makes the improvement look dramatic), who's a nice passer when he's not being ball dominant and who gets hot just often enough to tease the hell out of fans. (He's due for a big game.) He's an $18M-$20M player who took advantage of a bidding contest between GS and the wolves to get a $30M contract. Good for him.

If Rosas had gotten Garland instead of Culver, which was the plan, DLo wouldn't be here. The wolves have a greater chance to improve the team by trading DLo's contract than KAT's. I think that's the route they will try to take.

Last night, after the Nets got swept by Boston, Kyrie Irving admitted that he let his team down this year by choosing not to play for 50+ games.

Now he just needs to apologize for bailing on Cleveland and Boston before that.

Last edited:

Last night, after the Nets got swept by Boston, Kyrie Irving admitted that he let his time down this year by choosing not to play for 50+ games this year.

Now he just needs to apologize for bailing on Cleveland and Boston before that.
I think Kyrie might be the biggest jerk in the league.

If you are equating complimentary players with role players, Bane is way more than a complimentary player. He's one of their core guys. If complimentary player means he's below Ja in the pecking order, I would agree.
Maybe this is my ignorance: would you consider him one of their top two or top three?

if he wasnt before, he is now. 15 threes's in the last 2 games makes you a top two or three player on that team

Maybe this is my ignorance: would you consider him one of their top two or top three?

During the regular season he was 2nd on the team for playing time and 3rd in scoring. He missed 2nd by .2pts a game. Pretty good shooter too.

Of course. He's a damn good player.

It's Ja, Bane, JJJ, IMO. Then they have about 6-7 more guys who can make you miserable. After that it's 2-3 guys who are good. Then there's Culver.

Over/under points for Wolves/Grizzlies are 231.5.

Neither team is bringing the D.

The Wolves are super frustrating to watch. As Barkley said....dumb as a bag of rocks. Five offensive rebounds for Memphis in the first quarter because guys are standing around watching the basketball rather than boxing out. Guys taking shots and then standing around rather than following their shots.

It's just lazy/selfish play. Possibly bad coaching too.

The Wolves are super frustrating to watch. As Barkley said....dumb as a bag of rocks. Five offensive rebounds for Memphis in the first quarter because guys are standing around watching the basketball rather than boxing out. Guys taking shots and then standing around rather than following their shots.

It's just lazy/selfish play. Possibly bad coaching too.

Minnesota 31 Memphis 28 at the end of the 1st Quarter.

Minnesota is now shooting 62% to the Grizzlies 42%

Glad we at least got off to a good start. You always got to be concerned about the higher rated team getting back home and blowing you out.

Random note. Kyle Anderson has the biggest forehead in history. You could show movies on that thing.

Glad we at least got off to a good start. You always got to be concerned about the higher rated team getting back home and blowing you out.

Random note. Kyle Anderson has the biggest forehead in history. You could show movies on that thing.

True, but oddly enough tonight Memphis was up 13-2 at the 8:32 mark of the 1st Quarter.

Minnesota 31 Memphis 28 at the end of the 1st Quarter.

Minnesota is now shooting 62% to the Grizzlies 42%

Yes, I am watching. Could be up more if the Wolves cared to do things taught in high school.

And looking at your first post they should be doing by 30 by now. ;)

I'm just pointing out the types of things that allow an opponent to come back from a 26 point deficit. Allowing easy offensive rebounds and putbacks are inexcusable.

And as I type....another easy offensive rebound and putback by Morant.

I'm just pointing out the types of things that allow an opponent to come back from a 26 point deficit. Allowing easy offensive rebounds and putbacks are inexcusable.

And as I type....another easy offensive rebound and putback by Morant.

Lucky for the Wolves Morant, who we've been told is a remarkable player, has 6 pts and is 2-6 from the floor and 2-7 from the line.

Funny you haven't seen any of that huh?

And he just travelled on the way to the basket.

55-53 at the Half.

Wolves & Memphis each ended-up getting 18 rebounds. Wolves had 1 offensive rebound but gave up 6. The 5 you talked about in the 1st Quarter and 1 in the 2nd.

They adjusted.

Last edited:

Lucky for the Wolves Morant, who we've been told is a remarkable player, has 6 pts and is 2-6 from the floor and 2-7 from the line.

Funny you haven't seen any of that huh?

And he just travelled on the way to the basket.

55-53 at the Half.

Wolves & Memphis each ended-up getting 18 rebounds. Wolves had 1 offensive rebound but gave up 6. The 5 you talked about in the 1st Quarter and 1 in the 2nd.

They adjusted.

I'm watching the game and have seen all of it. Not sure what point you are trying to make here. That standing around watching the ball is good and better than boxing guys out?

Towns can complain all he wants, but these are all legitimate fouls against him. And he got away with one earlier. He should have 5 right now.

Edit: I am shocked that was changed to a blocking foul. But I'll take it.

Towns can complain all he wants, but these are all legitimate fouls against him. And he got away with one earlier. He should have 5 right now.

Edit: I am shocked that was changed to a blocking foul. But I'll take it.

Looked like a block to me. Jackson moved right into Kat's path.

Last edited:

They need to quit getting cute and just shoot the ball when they're open.

Bane reached in and grabbed Kat's arm. Don't see how they could overturn this.

That just looked like a jump ball call to me, but the refs are on the court and I'm sitting at home 708 miles away, but I'll take that foul call!

WOW!!!!! Ja.

On 1 hand it's embarrassing for the wolves, but on the other hand, thank you for not calling a charge.

Looked like a block to me. Jackson moved right into Kat's path.

And Kat shoved him with his arm at the same time. You’re alllowed to try and move in front of someone to play D. Either way the officials have been terrible both ways in this series.

And Kat shoved him with his arm at the same time. You’re alllowed to try and move in front of someone to play D. Either way the officials have been terrible both ways in this series.

I mean....Kat didn't extend his arm. Jackson moved in front of him and then flopped.

Top Bottom