All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

This went well...

So he's going to enter covid protocols just like multiple other NBA players. There is something different about the covid he caught as compared to covid caught by others apparently.

Such a joke he wasn't allowed to play. Just a disgrace.

Lebron has the rings, he is now in all time scoring mode. Stuff like that.

I think he stays. You are going to see stupid shit from him, because he's going to go downhill fast. The fact he's 37 and putting up the numbers he still does is a testament to his greatness. The frustration is there now of not being able to do what he used to do.

Where you don't notice it now is Lebron can't guard anyone. He used to be 1st team all defense. People can walk right by him now.
Nope. He's chasing Kobe (5) and Michael (6) for rings. That's how he ultimately will be measured at this point. Number of points is secondary.

Beasley had 17, but was 3-13 from three last night with wide open looks. He got a dunk on an awesome feed and got a freebie on the ball that Lebron bounced off of Vanderbilt's head for a gimme.

I thought he was basically still missing shots last night. It took him 18 shots to get 17. I think he was something like 0-5 from three to start and they were damn good looks. HIs form is awesome, and he has been a damn good 3 point shooter in the past. It's just weird. If they ever start going down, that would help with the bench immensely.

Based on what I saw last night......continue the Missing Persons Search.

He was 7 for 18 overall. He also had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, only 1 turnover and was +25 on the night. The highest +/- on the squad.

Let say we disagree on whether Beasley was a factor in the Wolves win or not.

Nope. He's chasing Kobe (5) and Michael (6) for rings. That's how he ultimately will be measured at this point. Number of points is secondary.
Maybe, but he's 37. Kobe and Michael were completely done at 37.

Deep down he knows what time it is. We will see if he keeps chasing, but it would have to be in a minor role. At age 37, it can just completely go.

He could win 7 and never be considered Michael to most. As far Kobe, meh.

He was 7 for 18 overall. He also had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, only 1 turnover and was +25 on the night. The highest +/- on the squad.

Let say we disagree on whether Beasley was a factor in the Wolves win or not.
Of course he was a factor, but again, he didn't shoot for shit. 7 of 18 with two gimme dunks.

I didn't think he played that well at all. Agree to disagree, I guess.

I don't think this is true. Kobe and MJ spent the majority of their years on super teams. Not really the same deal with LeBron.

I don't think this is true. Kobe and MJ spent the majority of their years on super teams. Not really the same deal with LeBron.
How has Lebron not been on super teams. Every time he leaves someone, he is trying to put together a super team. Bosh and Dwayne Wade was a super team.

then he goes to Cleveland with Kyrie Irving, and they went out and got Kevin Love. Love while not a superstar, was in his prime.

What super team was MJ on?

Lebron retires today with 4 rings and I don't know of many who would have Kobe above him.

If Lebron ever got to 6, I don't know many who would put him above Jordan.

His best bet now is to become the all-time leading scorer because he can know longer will his teams to titles.

How has Lebron not been on super teams. Every time he leaves someone, he is trying to put together a super team. Bosh and Dwayne Wade was a super team.

then he goes to Cleveland with Kyrie Irving, and they went out and got Kevin Love. Love while not a superstar, was in his prime.

What super team was MJ on?

LeBron spent 11 of his 19 years in Cleveland. And no....his Cav teams were not super teams. And what super team was MJ on!!?? With Pippen and Grant? And the second three with Pippen and Rodman? C'mon....

LeBron spent 11 of his 19 years in Cleveland. And no....his Cav teams were not super teams. And what super team was MJ on!!?? With Pippen and Grant? And the second three with Pippen and Rodman? C'mon....
Lebron got most of his titles with bosh and wade......what's the difference?

Rodman was for what, three years? And even then, he was on the decline. Grant was a good player, but without Jordan and pippen, just another solid power forward on any other team.

Last edited:

Lebron got most of his titles with bosh and wade......what's the difference?

Rodman was for what, three years? And even then, he was on the decline. Grant was a good player, but without Jordan and pippen, just another solid power forward on any other team.

Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make. Miami was a super team. Lakers was a super team. LeBron has played 11 of his other 19 seasons with the Cavs. Both Kobe and MJ won their championships with one single organization. In many cases with the same guys that helped them win the others.

Pippen was an All-NBA player (for most of those years) right alongside MJ for every single title. And Rodman on the decline? Decline from what? All-NBA? He was still the rebound leader for six straight years.

Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make. Miami was a super team. Lakers was a super team. LeBron has played 11 of his other 19 seasons with the Cavs. Both Kobe and MJ won their championships with one single organization. In many cases with the same guys that helped them win the others.

Pippen was an All-NBA player (for most of those years) right alongside MJ for every single title. And Rodman on the decline? Decline from what? All-NBA? He was still the rebound leader for six straight years.
So you think if Lebron played on that Bulls squad, he wins more than 6 titles? (Keeping in mind Jordan would have a minimum of one more if not for playing baseball)

I'm not sure what your point is? Are you saying Lebron is better than MJ?

So you think if Lebron played on that Bulls squad, he wins more than 6 titles? (Keeping in mind Jordan would have a minimum of one more if not for playing baseball)

I'm not sure what your point is? Are you saying Lebron is better than MJ?

Definitely never said that. MJ is the best player of all time, imo. But I think that LeBron belongs in that conversation....along with Kobe. Rings don't tell the entire story.

Definitely never said that. MJ is the best player of all time, imo. But I think that LeBron belongs in that conversation....along with Kobe. Rings don't tell the entire story.
Totally agree.

Although I think Kobe and Shaq only winning 4 titles together is almost criminal.

Anthony Davis out at least one month if not longer due to severely sprained knee.

Will the Lakers even make the playoffs?

Wouls we be happier to get Simmons or facilitate his move to another team in order to gain other players or picks?

Wouls we be happier to get Simmons or facilitate his move to another team in order to gain other players or picks?
I think it depends entirely on who we have to give up and the package of other players and picks.

My guess is any deal would probably include McDaniels, PatBev for his expiring contract and, maybe, a first. I don't think that gets us Simmons. What does it get us?

Maybe, but he's 37. Kobe and Michael were completely done at 37.

Deep down he knows what time it is. We will see if he keeps chasing, but it would have to be in a minor role. At age 37, it can just completely go.

He could win 7 and never be considered Michael to most. As far Kobe, meh.

Not sure what the LeBron debate has to do with the Wolves season, but he has said he wants to play on the same NBA team as his son so he’ll keep playing until that time comes which is a few years away.

Go Wolves Season Thread!!

Not sure what the LeBron debate has to do with the Wolves season, but he has said he wants to play on the same NBA team as his son so he’ll keep playing until that time comes which is a few years away.

Go Wolves Season Thread!!
It came up for a day because we just played LeBron. It will be ok.

at this point, I don't think Simmons really changes the equation for the Wolves. They need a big man - that is their #1 need.

lot of talk about Myles Turner from Indiana. He could be available and at a lower cost than Simmons - maybe a player, the expiring T. Price contract, and a draft pick.

If the Wolves can add a big like Turner without having to give up KAT, Edwards, DLo or Pat Bev, I will take that.

at this point, I don't think Simmons really changes the equation for the Wolves. They need a big man - that is their #1 need.

lot of talk about Myles Turner from Indiana. He could be available and at a lower cost than Simmons - maybe a player, the expiring T. Price contract, and a draft pick.

If the Wolves can add a big like Turner without having to give up KAT, Edwards, DLo or Pat Bev, I will take that.
there is some talk that whoever trades for him may not play him at the point. He is 6"11 and first team defense. I don't know, the defense is awesome from him and would be hard to turn down.

I've always wanted them to get turner as he can score some and plays solid defense. I'm surprised how low his rebounding numbers are though.

Turner is a good player. He would make the Wolves a playoff team.

Dallas vs Minnesota tonight. Gonna be a rather unusual game.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Josh OkogieSFDec 19OutOkogie entered the NBA's health and safety protocols Sunday, Dane Moore of BringMeTheNews.com reports.
Anthony EdwardsSFDec 18OutEdwards (COVID-19 protocols) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Mavericks.
Taurean PrincePFDec 17OutPrince entered health and safety protocols Friday.

i
Dallas Mavericks

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Frank NtilikinaPGDec 19Out
Josh GreenSGDec 19OutGreen was placed in the NBA Covid protocol Sunday morning, Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com reports.
Eugene OmoruyiSFDec 18Out
Reggie BullockSFDec 18Out
Willie Cauley-SteinCDec 18OutCauley-Stein (personal) is out Sunday against the Timberwolves.
Luka DoncicPGDec 15OutDoncic (ankle) will remain out Wednesday against the Lakers and Sunday against the Timberwolves, NBA writer Marc Stein reports.

Wolves had 31 Free throws to the Pelicans 22. They are now 15-15 and they play Dallas again Tuesday night in Dallas.

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Karl-Anthony Towns scored 24 points, D'Angelo Russell added 22 and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Dallas Mavericks 111-105 on Sunday in another matchup between short-handed teams dealing with recent COVID-19 issues.

Dallas, already without star guard Luka Doncic, placed two players in the health and safety protocols the past two days. Minnesota added Josh Okogie to the protocols and Anthony Edwards and Taurean Prince each missed their second game while in the protocols.

The Mavericks then lost forward Kristaps Porzingis in the third quarter with right foot soreness. Porzingis finished with 13 points and three rebounds.

Jaylen Nowell provided a much-needed injection of shooting with a season-high 16 points off the bench for Minnesota, which has won four in a row.

Tim Hardaway Jr. had 28 points for Dallas. Dorian Finney-Smith added 23 and Jalen Brunson finished with 18 points and 11 assists..

This was exactly the kind of game we've seen the wolves lose at Target Center about a million times through the years.

Pretty soon Nowell is going to take Beasley's minutes.

Tim Hardaway Jr. could play on my team anytime. I remember when he used to torch the gophers.

This team goes as DLo goes. When he plays well, they win. When he doesn't play, or he plays poorly, they lose.

They are 15-10 with him in the lineup, 0-5 without. He played poorly in nearly all 10 of those losses.

This team goes as DLo goes. When he plays well, they win. When he doesn't play, or he plays poorly, they lose.

They are 15-10 with him in the lineup, 0-5 without. He played poorly in nearly all 10 of those losses.
Like many people, I was really down on his game. He's still not my favorite player but he does seem to be trying harder on defense and he's moving the ball better. It's almost like he knows he's playing with a couple of really good players and he doesn't want to get blamed for the team screwing up.

It also doesn't hurt that he's a year and a half away from another big contract opportunity.

Top Bottom