All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Yes, this made me laugh. ;)

Losing to Timberwolves is leaving some opposition players grumpy​

NEW ORLEANS — As the Timberwolves went on a three-game winning streak last week, some of their opponents took their losses to the Wolves as a moment for self-reflection. In some cases, it seems losing to the Wolves sent teams into a bit of a crisis.

For instance, after the Wolves beat the Kings on Wednesday, Sacramento forward Tristan Thompson let out some frustration in his postgame speech in which he criticized the team's lackluster performance on its 1-3 road trip against some of the weaker teams in the NBA
"I was going on this road trip planning on going 4-0," Thompson told reporters. "The teams that we played against, OKC [Oklahoma City], they don't want to win games. They want to rebuild, everyone ... knows that. The Spurs, they have all young guys, they're trying to figure it out. ...
"Do they want to win games? Maybe, sure. But do they really want to be in the playoffs? Probably not, probably want a top-10 pick. Timberwolves? They've got names, but are they trying to win? Roll the dice and see what happens, figure out their roster."
On Sunday, the Kings decided to shake up their team and fired coach Luke Walton after two more losses to Toronto and Utah

The Kings weren't the only team the Wolves bothered. After the Wolves beat the Spurs 115-90 on Thursday, forward Thaddeus Young said Monday the team had a closed-door meeting.
"We took that butt whooping and we went back into the locker room and we talked for 20, 30 minutes, the whole team," Young said, according to the San Antonio Express-News. "Everyone voiced their issues and their points."..

The Wolves' last victory before beating the Kings and Spurs was against the Lakers, and even then, forward Anthony Davis had strong words following Minnesota's 24-point win.
"We got to decide who we want to be," Davis told reporters. "A championship team? That's not us right now. We're not winning a championship the way we're playing.

Losing to the Wolves sounds like one of the worst things a team could do right now..

5 minutes into tonight's game against the Heat, Karl-Anthony Towns was taken out because he already had 3 personal fouls. Baiting the refs doesn't work. Neither does being on a team that doesn't get a lot of national airtime.

23-20 Wolves with 3:15 left in the 1st.

Edwards got 33, Beasley 29 and Russell 20 as the Wolves get their 5th straight win 113 - 101 over Jimmy Butler's Heat.

They are now 9-9.

Last edited:

You da one, Ant: Edwards doesn’t back down in Wolves’ statement win over Miami​

He scored 33 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and dished out six assists. He delivered the dunk of the year (only to have it waived off by a questionable charge call) hit all the key shots in the key moments, defended hard and was the one who stood up to Miami’s big, bad, (former) wolf.

At just 20 years old, Edwards rose to the team’s biggest occasion to date, leading in every possible way, igniting an audience that seems to be buying into this team.

Because Anthony Edwards re-instills belief.

“He was electric. He’s an electric player,” Finch said. “Absolutely has had a great sense of timing in his entire young career since I’ve been here. A lot of it was defensively, too. He had a couple big steals. Gets out in transition, creates a couple shots for his teammates. And then he’s not afraid of the moment or the big shot.”

In fact, he lives for it.

Malik Beasley described Wednesday as “the biggest game of the year” to date. The Wolves entered the contest as winners of four straight, all coming in convincing fashion. But only one of those came over a playoff contender..

But Edwards knew it was his time to carry the load Wednesday. Every time the Wolves (9-9) would
be in a seemingly dire situation, their primetime performer would rise to the occasion. He was the leg that kept the chair from folding.

“In them moments, I ain’t got no choice,” Edwards said. “I was just trying to stay as close as possible until big fella (Towns) came back. It’s hard for them to guard us when he on the floor. So I’m just trying to stay in the game, stay in the game, stay in the game until he comes back.”

Edwards finished with 17 first-half points to keep Minnesota within eight.

With Towns back on the floor, Minnesota surged back into the game in the third quarter. The Wolves were up by two points late in the frame when Edwards committed a traveling violation.

Jimmy Butler, the most recent villain of this franchise after he forced his way out of Minnesota, heard it from the fans every time he touched the ball Wednesday. He got in a few verbal back and forths with fans in the first few rows and seemed to grow frustrated as the game played out.

Butler was guarding Edwards when the young guard traveled. Butler then ripped the ball out of Edwards’ hands. This is the moment when past Wolves’ teams would cower into the corner, giving Butler power over them.

That’s not exactly in Edwards’ DNA. He pushed Butler, leading Butler to get into his face. The minor altercation was brief, and both players received technical fouls, but a message was sent: The leader of this pack will not back down.

You da one, Ant: Edwards doesn’t back down in Wolves’ statement win over Miami​

He scored 33 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and dished out six assists. He delivered the dunk of the year (only to have it waived off by a questionable charge call) hit all the key shots in the key moments, defended hard and was the one who stood up to Miami’s big, bad, (former) wolf.

At just 20 years old, Edwards rose to the team’s biggest occasion to date, leading in every possible way, igniting an audience that seems to be buying into this team.

Because Anthony Edwards re-instills belief.

“He was electric. He’s an electric player,” Finch said. “Absolutely has had a great sense of timing in his entire young career since I’ve been here. A lot of it was defensively, too. He had a couple big steals. Gets out in transition, creates a couple shots for his teammates. And then he’s not afraid of the moment or the big shot.”

In fact, he lives for it.

Malik Beasley described Wednesday as “the biggest game of the year” to date. The Wolves entered the contest as winners of four straight, all coming in convincing fashion. But only one of those came over a playoff contender..

But Edwards knew it was his time to carry the load Wednesday. Every time the Wolves (9-9) would
be in a seemingly dire situation, their primetime performer would rise to the occasion. He was the leg that kept the chair from folding.

“In them moments, I ain’t got no choice,” Edwards said. “I was just trying to stay as close as possible until big fella (Towns) came back. It’s hard for them to guard us when he on the floor. So I’m just trying to stay in the game, stay in the game, stay in the game until he comes back.”

Edwards finished with 17 first-half points to keep Minnesota within eight.

With Towns back on the floor, Minnesota surged back into the game in the third quarter. The Wolves were up by two points late in the frame when Edwards committed a traveling violation.

Jimmy Butler, the most recent villain of this franchise after he forced his way out of Minnesota, heard it from the fans every time he touched the ball Wednesday. He got in a few verbal back and forths with fans in the first few rows and seemed to grow frustrated as the game played out.

Butler was guarding Edwards when the young guard traveled. Butler then ripped the ball out of Edwards’ hands. This is the moment when past Wolves’ teams would cower into the corner, giving Butler power over them.

That’s not exactly in Edwards’ DNA. He pushed Butler, leading Butler to get into his face. The minor altercation was brief, and both players received technical fouls, but a message was sent: The leader of this pack will not back down.
Ant is going to be a star. He has the skill, aggression, and mentality

That ref should be relieved of his duties. Come to think of it, most refs should be ! Between the refs and announcers it is hard to watch my favorite sport these days. The T-Wolf main announcer is awful and needs to be replaced!

Pretty much. Though the win last night was their 5th in a row. Brought them back to .500, something a lot of people didn't think could happen. And it's Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy! 🥂

Looks like the Wolves aren't gonna get that 6th win in a row, but the Hornets will now win 8 out of 9.

Wolves are out in Philly tomorrow. Tip-off is at 5:00. Hopefully watching the Gophers beat Wisconsin at that time. :unsure:

Final Charlotte 133 Minnesota 115

Last edited:

Wigs on track to make all star game if play keeps up

Good for him. Though just can't shake the feeling that after getting the huge contract he was hoping to figure a way outta here. Wouldn't be the first to do it either. Damn it.

Good for him. Though just can't shake the feeling that after getting the huge contract he was hoping to figure a way outta here. Wouldn't be the first to do it either. Damn it.
You cant discount the team he is on now. 4 players with championship pedigree holding him accountable and a real system that has won titles and has been in place for almost a decade

He had a new coach and system almost every year since he was 19. I dont think you can discount that

You cant discount the team he is on now. 4 players with championship pedigree holding him accountable and a real system that has won titles and has been in place for almost a decade

He had a new coach and system almost every year since he was 19. I dont think you can discount that
Agreed on both.

Just beat Philly, after the Gopher win. Couldn't get a call all game. The stuff Eimbiid gets away with is criminal.

If they could get a legit power forward in here somehow, the sky is the limit.

Been on an emotional high since the Gophers beat the Badgers. That will and should get
Just beat Philly, after the Gopher win. Couldn't get a call all game. The stuff Eimbiid gets away with is criminal.

Great game by Russell. Towns and Vanderbilt both fouled out. Philly shot 39 free throws to Minnesota's 16. Hell, Embid shot 21 himself!

And the Wolves still won 121-120 in two overtimes! A very nice dessert after the Gophers fed on the Badgers for the main course.

What an absolutely fantastic win from the Wolves! I'd argue this is the best regular season win we've had since the Butler playoff season. Second night of a back to back, coming off a bad game in which a winning streak was snapped, against a team that has antagonized us, in a game when KAT fouls out and we still have 2 OTs to play, a game in which Joel shot FTs every time he touch the ball, overcoming a brutal way to end the first OT, etc. and we got the win.

Howl Wolves!!

We need a big strong center to handle the opponents ,big, strong center. Kat should be the power forward. Not Embid's fault...... refereeing has gone into the toilet...... college too, almost unwatchable. Should be the same set of rules for all players and teams!!!!!!

Pretty hard to watch. Especially with the 3 foul outs. Maxey sat on 5 for about 20 minutes. They shot 39 free rhrows to our 16.

Still the Wolves toughed that game out.

I almost think a decent back up center. 10 good minutes a night from someone like Andre Drummond would do.

Pacers came into tonight's game at Target Center on a five game winning streak against the Wolves. Minnesota beat them 100-98. Wolves were without Jarred Vanderbilt, McDaniels and Beverley. Towns had 32pts, but 6 turnovers and fouled out in the 4th. Russell again had a good game and so did Edwards and Naz Reid.

They are now above .500 at 11-10.

Last edited:

Pacers came into tonight's game at Target Center on a five game winning streak against the Wolves. Minnesota beat them 100-98. Wolves were without Jarred Vanderbilt, McDaniels and Beverley. Towns had 32pts, but 6 turnovers and fouled out in the 4th. Russell again had a good game and so did Edwards and Naz Reid.

They are now above .500 at 10-9.

11-10

This game wouldn't have been close but we were brutal again from the three point line. It just amazes me sometimes. At one point they were 3 of 22.

And again, we got bleeped from the officials yet again.

11-10

This game wouldn't have been close but we were brutal again from the three point line. It just amazes me sometimes. At one point they were 3 of 22.

And again, we got bleeped from the officials yet again.
Thanks, fixed it.

As for the 3's, the Pacers were slightly worse. ;)

Top Bottom