All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Nope, but that's happening.

NBA TV uses the local cable supplier. Unfortunately ours is Bally's/Sinclair. Sinclair owns Ch.23 ,so they could show it locally.

Instead they're showing a Twins game.

Hope the next NBA TV contract demands a local over-the-air broadcast in the future. Cutting them some slack now. Who would have thought their cable partner would try and turn their focus to a direct-to-consumer deal.

The "Yeah! they're killing cable!" people kept promising everyone that things would now get cheaper and easier to get!. How's that working out?
The golden age of streaming and Internet TV is over. I felt the endgame was never gunna be better. Just different.

NBA TV uses the local cable supplier. Unfortunately ours is Bally's/Sinclair. Sinclair owns Ch.23 ,so they could show it locally.

Hope the next NBA TV contract demands a local over-the-air broadcast in the future. Cutting them some slack now. Who would have thought their cable partner would try and turn their focus to a direct-to-consumer deal.

The "Yeah! they're killing cable!" people kept promising everyone that things would now get cheaper and easier to get!. How's that working out?
Thanks. It's just so completely stupid. There are games on two networks tonight. If we were on TNT, we could watch and no one would die. But since it's on the other network, people are screwed if they don't waste their money on cable for some second rate network. I swear these teams and leagues are in such denial about their moronic choices.

It's not even a fucking home game. Are they trying to get me to buy a ticket and fly off to Memphis?

Sinclaire choosing to air the Twins game on channel 23 instead of the Wolves is odd. For outside of the Minneapolis market it appears they are providing 3 Bally's sports feeds, so that is not an issue.;

Thanks. It's just so completely stupid. There are games on two networks tonight. If we were on TNT, we could watch and no one would die. But since it's on the other network, people are screwed if they don't waste their money on cable for some second rate network. I swear these teams and leagues are in such denial about their moronic choices.

It's not even a fucking home game. Are they trying to get me to buy a ticket and fly off to Memphis?

It does suck, but there's some logic behind it.

- Bally's/Sinclair should have lifted the local blackout for the playoffs. They didn't have too, but they could have.
- They could have kept the Twins/Royals game on BSN and kept the Wolves game on 23. Would have liked that. Guessing their viewer numbers favored the Twins.
- Looks like TNT had first choice. They could have chosen to show the Wolves/Memphis game rather than Hawks/Heat or Pelicans/Suns. Can't argue with their choice. Dammit.

Wolves/Grizzlies are on TNT Thursday and ESPN Saturday night.

- Bally's/Sinclair should have lifted the local blackout for the playoffs. They didn't have too, but they could have.
- They could have kept the Twins/Royals game on BSN and kept the Wolves game on 23. Would have liked that. Guessing their viewer numbers favored the Twins.
- Looks like TNT had first choice. They could have chosen to show the Wolves/Memphis game rather than Hawks/Heat or Pelicans/Suns. Can't argue with their choice. Dammit.

Twins get much higher ratings than the Wolves for regular season games (at least last time I looked) but I doubt they would for a game vs the Royals against a Wolves play-off game.

Twins get much higher ratings than the Wolves for regular season games (at least last time I looked) but I doubt they would for a game vs the Royals against a Wolves play-off game.

Agreed, but guessing that Sinclair is looking more long term than just at tonight.

That said, haven't seen the TV numbers for last Saturday's game.

Yep. I get it. Still think it's stupid. I figured playoffs were different than regular season.- That seems logical.

Oh well. I'll see the game. I have "sources."

Right now we live in an apartment as our house gets built. As soon as kids are in bed, going to the rooftop lounge and watching the game. Wife wont be happy missing it

Forgot BSN was showing the Wild too tonight.

Last edited:

Reduced to shooting three pointers right now and not necessarily good looks either. Kat was trying to go to the basket earlier but not seeing enough of it from other players.

It's no sin to lose a road game in the playoffs, but it's the way they lost that concerns me. that was a non-competitive game, and the foul problems got worse. Pat Bev and KAT are supposed to be leaders on this team. they can't be going rogue and losing their stuff like that.

It's now a best 3-out-of-5 series, and I bet Memphis is a whole lot more confident.

Game #3 is now a must-win for the Wolves. I just don't see any way the Wolves win the series if they fall behind.

Shama chimes in on DLo:

“Mr. Inconsistent,” D’Angelo Russell, just might give the Timberwolves the scoring lift they need tomorrow night to pull back ahead of the Grizzlies in the first round NBA playoff series tied at 1-1.

The Wolves ‘enigmatic guard averaged 31 points against the Grizzlies in four regular season games. But in the first two playoff games he is averaging 10.5, converting 22.7 percent of his field goal attempts. That’s a big contrast from the 19.4 points he averaged in five games for the Nets in the 2018-2019 playoffs.

After last night’s 124-96 blowout loss to the Grizzlies,Wolves coach Chris Finch acknowledged his offense let him down. The switching and pesky Memphis defense bothered all the Wolves including Russell. Finch suggested his players can make adjustments including better ball movement to find open teammates.

The Grizzlies are among the NBA’s highest scoring teams and totaled 117 points in their loss to the Wolves Saturday. Minnesota is going to need more offense than producing 96 points to keep the series competitive. Russell must step up starting tomorrow night at Target Center.

Finch said the Wolves need to get him better looks at the basket but D’Lo can also be more decisive with his shot selection. It’s not like big games are too challenging for the 6-4 guard. Just last week in the team’s Play-in-Tournament win over the Clippers he scored 29, while making 10 of 18 shots. Part of the Wolves’ big three all season, Russell complemented Anthony Edwards who scored 30 points and both players helped make up for a dismal 11 point, foul plagued performance by Karl-Anthony Towns.

A peaks-and-valleys career performer, Russell is now with his fourth NBA team in seven seasons. He’s been in the valley against the Grizzlies in Memphis but maybe he can climb the mountain in Minneapolis with games Thursday and Saturday night.

Howl Wolves!!

Thursday night's game probably always was a "must win" for the Wolves. Though after the win on Saturday, it oddly isn't.

Hope the Wolves play like they're down by 2.

Anyone have any luck lately scalping tickets? Saw some reasonable deals online, but the fees are outrageous. Just wondering what the market outside the arena might look like… haven’t been to an nba game in ages.

Just keep getting the graphic.

I had the same issue. Try this:

You believe him because of what happens next. He peers at the stat sheet and sees he committed five turnovers. “Trash,” he whispers under his breath. “That won’t happen again.”

Howl Wolves!!

Minnesota is running Memphis right out of Target Center. Wolves up 26 right now.

Good to see Aunt back out there but man we need to get it together here.

Quit passing up good shots to try and get the perfect shot.

When you get a good shot "Shoot-the-damn ball!"

Last edited:

Top Bottom