All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Hope they don't trade him for Smart... that would be a stupid move!

True, but like the vast, vast majority of NBA rumors, it probably wasn't a legit one in the first place. Here are some more "insights" into a possible Simmons trade.

Click on the link for their reasoning.

Simmons has yet to suit up for the Sixers now 51 games into the 2021-22 season and Philadelphia has fared pretty well at 31-20. This is due to the fact that Joel Embiid has taken another step forward as one of the more elite players in the game. He has thrown the Sixers on his back and he has the team near that top of the standings in the East.

ESPN had five of their insiders debate on whether Simmons will still be in Philadelphia after the buzzer sounds on deadline day:

The question they are asked is: Fact or fiction: Ben Simmons will be a 76er at 3:01 p.m. ET on Feb. 10.'

Tim Bontemps:
ESPN’s Tim Bontemps is one of the few who believe Simmons will be moved before the deadline:..

Jamal Collier:
Collier, like many others, believes Simmons will still be here after the deadline:..

Tim McMahon:
McMahon believes that the Sixers won’t move him before Feb. 10 either:..

Bobby Marks:
Marks is fully in the camp that president Daryl Morey will not move Simmons for anything less than a legitimate star:..

Kevin Pelton:
Pelton is in the camp that the Sixers are squarely focused on James Harden in the offseason:

Wolves play Detroit again at 2:30 today. This time at Target Center.
i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
McKinley Wright IVPGFeb 6OutWright has been ruled out for Sunday's contest against Detriot due to a left UCL injury.
Patrick BeverleyPGFeb 5Day-To-Day
Josh OkogieSFFeb 5OutOkogie (quadriceps) is questionable for Sunday's matchup against the Pistons.
Leandro BolmaroSGFeb 5OutBolmaro (ankle) is questionable for Sunday's matchup against the Pistons.
D'Angelo RussellPGFeb 5OutIt is looking like Russell (lower leg) will be available for Sunday's matchup with the Pistons, Chris Hine of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Karl-Anthony Towns had 24 points and 12 rebounds and the Minnesota Timberwolves got a big boost from their bench in a 118-105 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday.

Michael Beasley had 20 points off the bench, and D'Angelo Russell returned with 22 points and eight assists after missing four games because of a left shin contusion..

Minnesota's preferred starting lineup was back together for the first time in seven games with Russell's return. But it was the work of the second unit that helped the Timberwolves overcome a sluggish start to the matinee affair. Minnesota won its fourth straight, pulling away late in the fourth..

Timberwolves: Reserve C Naz Reid went down hard in the fourth quarter and was down for several minutes before limping to the bench. … F Taurean Prince, who scored in double figures off the bench in four straight games, left the game in the first quarter with a left ankle sprain and didn't return. … G Josh Okogie missed his fourth straight game with a right quad contusion. … Minnesota's bench contributed 43 points

Did DLO call timberwolves fans out?

Quiet ass fans?

The Athletic NBA Power Rankings:

17. Minnesota Timberwolves (Previously 18th), 28-25, +1.7 net rating

Weekly slate: Win over Nuggets, Win at Pistons, Win over Pistons

Should they be buyers or sellers? Buyers. The Minnesota Timberwolves actually have a real chance to make the playoffs. Not the Play-In Tournament. Yes, Jim Mora Sr., we’re talking playoffs. Some of this has to do with the West being down. Some of this has to do with the Wolves being up. They’ve been good enough this season to take them seriously in pursuit of the No. 7 or 8 seeds in the West. They’re in hot pursuit of the Nuggets to crack the top six, but they’ll firmly be in an advantageous spot for the Play-In Tournament. The Wolves have some rumors swirling that they’re going to try to get Marcus Smart from Boston. I don’t know how realistic that is, but it does show they’re looking for a meaningful role player to add to the mix.

Who should be on the move? The Wolves do have a couple of expiring deals for good money that could be easy to deal. Patrick Beverley and Taurean Prince both make eight figures and will be unrestricted free agents this coming offseason. Malik Beasley is a player they wouldn’t mind moving if it means getting back a significant role player in return. That’s the type of guy you’d want to involve if there’s anything to this Smart interest, although you’d have to assume a pick is being attached to Beasley. Outside of that, you’re looking at a bunch of small deals on the books outside of their big three.

Patrick Beverly????? What a joke. He has made this team complete. I believe he has influenced D'Lo into becoming a complete player. What a difference in D' Lo's d, in fact, the whole teams d! Love how they ALL are talking on d..... they now have defensive pride! I would give Patrick a lifetime contract and he can join the coaching staff when he is done playing.... it seems as if he already is one of the coaches..HaHa!

Patrick Beverly????? What a joke. He has made this team complete. I believe he has influenced D'Lo into becoming a complete player. What a difference in D' Lo's d, in fact, the whole teams d! Love how they ALL are talking on d..... they now have defensive pride! I would give Patrick a lifetime contract and he can join the coaching staff when he is done playing.... it seems as if he already is one of the coaches..HaHa!

All that is true. Though the thing is the writer(s) are trying to put a mythical deal together. Beverly is on an expiring contract. They're mainly talking about trading his $14,320,987 salary. Prince is on a $13,000,000 one year deal.

The one thing to remember about all NBA rumors? 97-99% are sheer b.s.

De’Aaron Fox was a full participant in practice Monday as the Kings prepared to play the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday night at Golden 1 Center. Fox is listed as questionable after missing the past eight games with a sore left ankle, but teammate Tyrese Haliburton said he looked “like himself” in practice. “De’Aaron was good,” Haliburton said. “I think he’s getting back into the flow of things, getting up and down, but it’s always fun when we get to share the court together, so just having fun with him back out there. We scrimmaged, so he was getting up and down, just in the course of the game, but he looked like himself, so I’m sure he’s getting closer to coming back.”..

Patrick Beverly (ankle), Josh Okogie (quad), Taurean Prince (ankle), Naz Reid (knee) and D’Angelo Russell (shin) are all questionable for the Timberwolves..

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article258153693.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

De’Aaron Fox was a full participant in practice Monday as the Kings prepared to play the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday night at Golden 1 Center. Fox is listed as questionable after missing the past eight games with a sore left ankle, but teammate Tyrese Haliburton said he looked “like himself” in practice. “De’Aaron was good,” Haliburton said. “I think he’s getting back into the flow of things, getting up and down, but it’s always fun when we get to share the court together, so just having fun with him back out there. We scrimmaged, so he was getting up and down, just in the course of the game, but he looked like himself, so I’m sure he’s getting closer to coming back.”..

Patrick Beverly (ankle), Josh Okogie (quad), Taurean Prince (ankle), Naz Reid (knee) and D’Angelo Russell (shin) are all questionable for the Timberwolves..

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article258153693.html#storylink=cpy
The T-Wolves should never chalk one up in the win column, but have to be feeling pretty good about tonight's game with Haliburton and Hield heading out today in the trade for Sabonis.

5 straight wins. Wolves blowing teams out even with Edwards in a bit of an offensive slump. Beasley looks great.

Are any of you watching the wolves on directv?

The reason I ask, is my feed has the picture go slow for a second or two and be a little blurry here and there during the telecast. It's a little annoying.

Anyone else getting that?

The bench has been great lately. Don't remember anyone, including me, seeing that coming.

"Sacramento made a major trade prior to Tuesday’s game against Minnesota. The Kings traded three players — including two of their top guards in Tyrese Haliburton and Buddy Hield — to Indiana for Domantas Sabonis and a host of other players.

The deal might help the Kings be better moving forward in the season, but it left them severely short-handed Tuesday in Sacramento.

And you do not want to be short-handed against the Timberwolves right now — especially not with the way Minnesota’s second unit is thriving. The bulldozer that is Minnesota’s bench trucked Sacramento en route to a 134-114 Wolves victory — Minnesota’s fifth consecutive victory.

Minnesota’s bench outscored its starters 72-62. The reserves shot 56 percent from the field and 67 percent from 3-point range, while assisting on 16 of their 25 made buckets. It was a continuation of what that unit has done for more than a week now.."

Wolves dont have much to offer that they are willing to part with.

Beasley is starting to shoot well. Do you sell high? Or would he help in a playoff push?

Wolves don't have much to offer that they are willing to part with.

Beasley is starting to shoot well. Do you sell high? Or would he help in a playoff push?

No kidding. Now that Beasley is back to shooting like he has throughout his career, it's like hunting for a job and then being offered two of them!

Deal would have to be pretty damn good to do it now. IMHO at least.

You?

Are any of you watching the wolves on directv?

The reason I ask, is my feed has the picture go slow for a second or two and be a little blurry here and there during the telecast. It's a little annoying.

Anyone else getting that?
Yes sir. I recently bought a new TV for the basement and first noticed it on Sunday's game. I thought I had a lemon, but noticed it didn't happen on BTN when I flipped to the Gophers game.

Wolves dont have much to offer that they are willing to part with.

I hated Beasley a month ago, and now I love the guy.

Oh, to be a Minnesota fan!

Yes sir. I recently bought a new TV for the basement and first noticed it on Sunday's game. I thought I had a lemon, but noticed it didn't happen on BTN when I flipped to the Gophers game.
Good to know. I guess we wait it out.

No kidding. Now that Beasley is back to shooting like he has throughout his career, it's like hunting for a job and then being offered two of them!

Deal would have to be pretty damn good to do it now. IMHO at least.

You?

tough to say. I really like Richardson to, so i dont have an answer

Jim Pete kept saying it, but holy shit were they just going by us like no one was there.

Plus the rebounding was atrocious.

I hope we make some moves tomorrow.

Brutal loss!

By the way, Ant isn't guarding a plotted plant lately.

Last edited:

Obviously +/- isnt everything. But the bench waa awful based on plus minus last night

Top Bottom